2016 NFL PLAYOFF CONTEST

Strider

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Of course it's alright!  Strider always says the more the merrier when it comes to his contests.  Glad you've taken an interest, kiwi! :) 

49 minutes ago, ebk said:

Welcome to the madness Kiwi!!  Glad to have you here :)

11 minutes ago, Strider said:

Welcome aboard, Kiwi-san! :wave:

Since we have temporarily lost Anjin-san, having you on is quite alright.

Thanks guys! :D It is always super exciting to learn about a 'new' sport! I have to admit that I took many peaks at the NFL thread, last year and it was really fascinating and so, I decided to sign up, this year! B) 

Strider, you almost made me choke on the fruit juice that I was drinking! I really love my new name! :hysterical: I guess I can remove the Zep_Fan87 part and replace it with San, to indicate that I was born in Japan or something! :P 

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Congratulations paul carruthers!!!! By virtue of you picking Denver and 43 points, you won the Playoff Pool! I will have to think up a suitable prize.

Four people tied at the end with 8-3 records. If either jb126 or Walter had bucked the trend and picked Denver, they would have won outright. As it is, the first tie-breaker was who picked the Super Bowl correctly...that being paul carruthers and Steal Away Now Baby Rose. Then the second tiebreaker was the point total, and that is where paul beat SANBR to come out on top.

Final Playoff Standings

1. paul carruthers: 8-3 Denver 43 pts

2. S.A.N.B.R.: 8-3 Denver 56 pts

3. Walter: 8-3 Carolina 40 pts

4. jb126: 8-3 Carolina 49 pts

5. Walter, Jr.: 7-4 Denver 42 pts

6. in_the_evening: 7-4 Denver 44 pts

7. Mrs. Walter: 7-4 Carolina 34 pts (the only one who got the point total exactly but just had the wrong team winning...congratulations on the entire Walter Clan finishing in the Top Half of the bracket)

8. ebk: 7-4 Carolina 49 pts

9. redrum: 6-5 (no Super Bowl pick...redrum disappeared at the end)

10. LedZeppfan77: 5-6 Carolina 43 pts

11. jabe: 5-6 Carolina 48 pts

12. Strider: 5-6 Carolina 55 pts

13. Reggie29: 4-7 Denver 64 pts

14. zepscoda: 3-8 Carolina 84 pts

5 hours ago, Strider said:

What happened to you, dude? 

Yeah, he could've had Andy send his picks in for him.

Congrats Paul! :) 

I still don't understand the scoring system for this, but that doesn't really matter.  Had a great time Strider, thanks for everything you did! :yourock: 

21 minutes ago, Walter said:

Congrats Paul! :) 

I still don't understand the scoring system for this, but that doesn't really matter. 

You, jb126, SANBR and paul all finished the playoffs at 8-3.

But since paul and SANBR picked Denver, that gave them a leg up on you and jb126, who chose the Super Bowl loser, Carolina. Then, to break the tie between SANBR and paul, the points decided that...with paul being closer to 34 than SANBR. Just as you finished in third ahead of jb126 by dint of your points being closer to 34 than jb126's.

All the other ties were settled the same way...that's why Junior finished ahead of Mrs. W.

Understand now?

I understood it earlier.  Having the Super Bowl weighted as essentially a double pick never occurred to me.  But, like I said, it doesn't matter.  I had a great time and truly appreciate your record keeping and reminders.  Thank you! :)  

Counting the days until the draft....

The new NFL year officially begins on March 9 - the day the Browns are scheduled to dump Manziel.

^^^Thanks Walter and everyone else who had a good time. With the NFL season over I am taking a breather. Baseball is Paul's baby, and as for the NBA or NHL, that'll have to be up to someone besides me.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^Thanks Walter and everyone else who had a good time. With the NFL season over I am taking a breather. Baseball is Paul's baby, and as for the NBA or NHL, that'll have to be up to someone besides me.

You're welcome in the racing thread anytime you want.... ;)  

Strider, thanks for your fine number crunching and time consumption during the last several months.
Congratulations to paul and all the Popeye's chicken, Doritos and ice cold Pepsi which he well deserves to consume until his heart is content.
Thanks to ebk for saying "Fuck" after a couple of games. You speak my language, ebk.
Props to our new contestants, welcome! the Australian and New Zealand contingent.
Kudos to Walter for including his family in the picks. That was really cool!
Always great to see the 'extrovert' jbk126 weigh in and make mush of the rest of us.
ite, zepscoda, and sanbr certainly made this season more enjoyable for me and the rest.

Thanks to all for putting up with me for another season....

Lastly, I hope Rick and the Bill's get some fucking decent refs next season who don't screw Buffalo in the ass for all those shitty calls that cost the Bills a shot at post season.

Everyone take care and be safe until we meet on the Led Zeppelin gridiron again!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived