Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAP

What next? AGAIN

I actually, no kidding, just accepted Zep's final statement in 80', no more Bonzo, no more Zep. I have certainly followed

and seen many good/ great shows by the various solo projects and P/P half Zep, but I never confused it with the 

original Zep. This is probably very hard to understand if you weren't old enough or into Zep when the crashing halt

came. I am prejudiced however not only by it being impossible to replace Bonzo, but the fact that it took a very long 

time for Jimmy to be rehabbed both musically and substance wise. So to me Jimmy wasn't really "back" till Outrider,

and it would be a sad sight for the band to continue with a further debilitated PAGE.

2 hours ago, SamoKodela said:

Well you certainly sound like an overexcited teenager who just listened to Led Zeppelin IV and thinks it's somehow Robert Plant's responsibility to enable you to go to a concert event and have a beer there with friends, instead of listening at home. I think he is just traying to say, there is no such thing as rock music, but whatever the cliches about it are, those cliches have turned into something rather unimaginative, commercial, uncreative, simple, cheap and pop like and he is trying to infuse it with all kinds of creativity and influences and that certainly doesn't mean reastablishing a band, that relied so much on their original drummer, youthful techical capability and sogwriting chemistry.

It's great you love Led Zeppelin, but you are terribly stubborn upon seeing your band live in 1972 while it is 2017.

He didn't say there's no such thing as rock music! He's just not into categorizing music per say is what I took from it. 

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

Eh? Sorry but I don't remotely understand the point you're making. When did I say I wanted it to be like 1972? I don't criticise Plant for not doing a reunion either (I can understand his reasons and respect them fully). Was that what you were tryng to say?

Well I guess I thought your post summons some of the other posts in this topic, sorry.

34 minutes ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

He didn't say there's no such thing as rock music! He's just not into categorizing music per say is what I took from it. 

You don't have to say it just listen to Kashmir!

Well this is a private argument, but there are quite a few Zep tunes which are quite far from what most would call "rock",

and rarelygot played even a long time ago. At the same time, "rock" has become a meaningless term. The Doors were

a mainly rock group ? Most of Floyd rock ? Even the Stones ?( watch it now, the Stones have a jambalaya stew of styles

on most albums, not just "Satisfaction"). But no comment on Plant's comments. But Kashmir takes the cake, it is a bit

psychedelic, totally exotic and unique, it is just called rock for easy reference. There are so many brilliant elements

colliding in Kashmir, it is unlableable..