Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

MOVIE QUESTIONS: The Song Remains The Same

If you want the definitive catalogue of edits in the soundtrack, look no further. This guy sat down with the official releases and bootlegs and compiles the differences. At the top of the page there is a link for HTWWW, The BBC Sessions, and the Live DVD.

The way Page tended to work was to cut together the best bits from various nights to create a composite performance.

http://www.thegarden....co.uk/tgt.html

One big reason why there were gaps in the concert footage was simply because ALL the cameras started at the same time, and therefore had to be reloaded at the same time as well. Standard practice for such events is to stagger the start times of each camera so that at least one is filming at all times.

Edited by Flogger59

Also, werewolves being shot and rainbow-coloured blood look cool to a theatre full of stoners.

Yes indeed. I also note how some of the shooting deaths are presented in slow-motion, which was still controversial at the time. It's very reminiscent of Sam Peckinpah's stylized violence:

Hello there,

I hope I didn't miss the answer to my question, but aside from the song Thank You, which nights are each song from in the TSRTS release both the original and the 2003 release. I read somewhere the first night was used the most, not sure if that's true?

thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Hello there,

I hope I didn't miss the answer to my question, but aside from the song Thank You, which nights are each song from in the TSRTS release both the original and the 2003 release. I read somewhere the first night was used the most, not sure if that's true?

thanks in advance

www.thegardentapes.co.uk -- You are correct, however, that the first night supplies much of the show.

Hi, Does anyone know the name of this Led Zep roadie that's in the dressing room scene from the movie? I know for a fact he was also a roadie for kiss and very good friends with John Lennon. Thanks, Danny

442825731_ScreenShot2018-07-05at2_12_25PM.thumb.png.080f8ba0fee887f4517139cce3d5ae94.png

Not a roadie,  Larry Vaughn with promoter Concerts West.

Have there been any members on here who were at the shows and gave an account? Surely someone in that audience would be compelled to make a forum post describing their experience.

25 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Have there been any members on here who were at the shows and gave an account? Surely someone in that audience would be compelled to make a forum post describing their experience.

There might be some firsthand accounts posted here in the past.  The best place is usually the Timeline section, in the comments at the bottom.

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-27-1973

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-28-1973

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/july-29-1973

2 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Yeah, you'd think some of the notable images of fans in the film would come forward with their stories:

The guy that sticks his tongue out

The kid that gets let in the back entrance

The woman that's holding her hands together during SIBLY

The longhair that gets rousted backstage during D&C

The girl in the underground garage

What about Jimmy apparently getting totally pissed off because some of the Shepperton shots showed he had gotten a little

potbelly ? Or is this a cooked up scenario, although Richard Cole ( to believe or not to believe!?!??) had often said Page was

quite vain.

12 hours ago, Mithril46 said:

What about Jimmy apparently getting totally pissed off because some of the Shepperton shots showed he had gotten a little

potbelly ? Or is this a cooked up scenario, although Richard Cole ( to believe or not to believe!?!??) had often said Page was

quite vain.

Not just Cole, the director Peter Clifton said this as well. According to him Jimmy got the hump because the climbing the mountain sequence made his bum look big.