Help with Led Zeppelin Trivia!

Gainsbarre

John Bindon?

It was to do with the Bill Graham brouhaha...something about one of Graham's crew seeing Peter Grant's son taking a sign down on a door or something? And the guy told the kid off, so Grant, Bonzo, Cole and Bindon went to teach this guy a lesson,

CORRECT

It was John Bindon, it's alleged that Grant's son was trying to get a wooden plaque carved with Led Zeppelin off of the dressing room door. The gaurd collared him, refused him the momento and also, for his troubles, gave him a slap - BIG MISTAKE!!!! Other 'reports' state it was Bonzo's son, Jason, who was in the middle of it all but...... :unsure:

Here is one for you were was the band returning from when they thier famous air scare at Stansted Airport in England? :D

Oh...I don't know... what famous Air Scare? Is that where Bonzo put the plane into a dive?

Donovan & Led Zeppelin........what's the connection?

.........and good luck!

Sunshine Superman - Jimmy Page Guitar

Museum - Jimmy Page Guitar

Mellow Yellow - John Paul Jones Bass

Epistle To Dippy - Jimmy Page Guitar

Hurdy Gurdy Man - Jimmy Page Guitar John Paul Bass & Arrangement John Bonham Drums

Teen Angel - John Paul Jones Bass

Oh...I don't know... what famous Air Scare? Is that where Bonzo put the plane into a dive?

At Stansted Airport in Essex on 28 March 1969 a total of 87 passengers had to escape down saftey chutes after thier plane made a emergancy landing .The plane had a fire warning light on the # 4 engine . they used the extinguisher system but the light remained on.John Bonham said He thought they were going to land in a field.They played at a club in London later that night.No Bonzo was not driving this time.The entire Band was on board.

At Stansted Airport in Essex on 28 March 1969 a total of 87 passengers had to escape down saftey chutes after thier plane made a emergancy landing .The plane had a fire warning light on the # 4 engine . they used the extinguisher system but the light remained on.John Bonham said He thought they were going to land in a field.They played at a club in London later that night.No Bonzo was not driving this time.The entire Band was on board.

Wow, I didn't know that at all...

Thanks!

Those are all good questions and I enjoyed them thoroughly. I'm new here but hopes no one minds if I submit Dirigible's Dirty Dozen.

1. Jimmy Page finally cut his beard on what tour? Extra credit: After which show?

2. At what show did they play the complete unreleased fourth album with the exception of Battle of Evermore and When the Levee Breaks? Hint: they also played Gallows Pole that night.

3. Bonzo frequently changed his spoken countoff for The Ocean such as in Seattle 7-17-73: We done four already but now we're steady and dummy went one two three four. He changed it so much the third night at MSG in '73 that Jonesy missed his entrance (although Page didn't) and they never played the tune again. What did Bonzo say on 7-29-73?

4. What song on LZ4 has an extra bar in one of the verses that none of the other verses have?

5. What was the final concert Zeppelin opened with Train Kept A'Rollin' seguing into I Can't Quit You, Baby?

6. Eddie Kramer claims he cringes when he hears a certain Zep tune on the radio because Page ordered him to cut the master tape with scissors and splice in a segment of music. What LZ2 song is this?

7. What Zeppelin album did Page play a Stratocaster on most of the songs? Hint: there are no keyboards on this disc.

8. On the back of the body of Jonesy's triple necked guitar is a mother of pearl inlay of what?

9. True or false? The reason the band assumed the name Led Zeppelin was because The Yardbirds threatened to sue Page and Grant if they continued using the Yardbirds' name after their Scandinavian contractural obligations were complete. Hint: Page's assessment of "we felt we were operating under false pretenses" is not a factor in the correct answer.

10. Sometime in the 90s a book misprinted Jones' birthdate and now every periodical misprints it as well. What is Jones' true birthdate?

11. What Led Zeppelin song is about a dog?

12. Plant plays harmonica on five studio tracks. What are they?

Those are all good questions and I enjoyed them thoroughly. I'm new here but hopes no one minds if I submit Dirigible's Dirty Dozen.

1. Jimmy Page finally cut his beard on what tour? Extra credit: After which show?

2. At what show did they play the complete unreleased fourth album with the exception of Battle of Evermore and When the Levee Breaks? Hint: they also played Gallows Pole that night.

3. Bonzo frequently changed his spoken countoff for The Ocean such as in Seattle 7-17-73: We done four already but now we're steady and dummy went one two three four. He changed it so much the third night at MSG in '73 that Jonesy missed his entrance (although Page didn't) and they never played the tune again. What did Bonzo say on 7-29-73?

4. What song on LZ4 has an extra bar in one of the verses that none of the other verses have?

5. What was the final concert Zeppelin opened with Train Kept A'Rollin' seguing into I Can't Quit You, Baby?

6. Eddie Kramer claims he cringes when he hears a certain Zep tune on the radio because Page ordered him to cut the master tape with scissors and splice in a segment of music. What LZ2 song is this?

7. What Zeppelin album did Page play a Stratocaster on most of the songs? Hint: there are no keyboards on this disc.

8. On the back of the body of Jonesy's triple necked guitar is a mother of pearl inlay of what?

9. True or false? The reason the band assumed the name Led Zeppelin was because The Yardbirds threatened to sue Page and Grant if they continued using the Yardbirds' name after their Scandinavian contractural obligations were complete. Hint: Page's assessment of "we felt we were operating under false pretenses" is not a factor in the correct answer.

10. Sometime in the 90s a book misprinted Jones' birthdate and now every periodical misprints it as well. What is Jones' true birthdate?

Oh man, you get the prize...

Steve is probably the only one who can beat you :notworthy:

Where did you get all that?

I'm just curious...

Are there any songs that were never played live?

Or that never were showed up on an album?

(dunno if this question was asked already, IÄm just too lazy to look

I have over 100 bootlegs and more than 50 Zep books (or magazines devoted entirely to them) if that's an answer. While Bonham was alive there were plenty of Zep songs they never played live.

LZ1 everything except Your Time Is Gonna Come was performed

LZ2 everything except Living Loving Maid and Ramble On

LZ3 everything except Hats Off For Roy Harper

LZ4 everything

HOTH everything except D'Yer Mak'er

PG only Black Country Woman, Kashmir, In My Time of Dying, The Wanton Song, Sick Again, Ten Years Gone and Trampled Underfoot, (intros like The Rover aren't a complete song)

PRESENCE only Achilles Last Stand and Nobody's Fault But Mine

ITTOD only In The Evening, Hot Dog and All My Love

CODA only We're Gonna Groove and I Can't Quit You, Baby

If all 12 questions aren't answered correctly I'll post the answers and sources on the 4th of July.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a trivia question:

Of the 288 circulating bootleg recordings, what song was played the most times?

Extra credit - How many times was it played?

Welcome, 3. Although I suspect your question is facetious I would hazard a guess Communication Breakdown is the most played number by the band, from their earliest concerts until its final rendition in Mannheim 7-3-80. Dazed & Confused was dropped after Earls Court, and all the other songs they'd performed from the first record got replaced by Kashmirs, Stairways and Over The Hills . . .

Newspaper clipping from my Zep file: Led Zeppelin leads the world with 384 bootleg albums seized by the British Phongraphic Industry's anti-piracy arm. Rounding out the Top Five are The Beatles (320), Rolling Stones (317), Bob Dylan (301) and Prince (270.)

Also in my file, I opened it to find the above clipping, I discovered a forgotten autograph from Jason Bonham my guitarist collected for me on 5-24-97, obviously he'd told Jason I played drums. "Hello (Dirigible), keep it up, JB (Bonzo's rune)"

Wow, memories.

I don't have them all, but...

1. Jimmy cut his beard off after Auckland (Melbourne??). Before Sydney. 1972.

2. Where's the Misty Mountain Hop with a Going to California???

5. August 31, 1969 Dallas Texas, USA

6. There are several if you ask Kramer. But I'll go with Heartbreaker.

7. Presence. But "most of the songs on a Strat may be a stretch.

10. 3rd January 1946

11. Bron Yr Stomp

12. You Shook Me. Bring it on Home. Custard Pie. Nobody's Fault But Mine. When the Levee Breaks.

Archived