Ok, Another Tour Rumour?

I read that too. And if that is true, let's hope Mr. Ashbury didn't blow it by putting the cart before the horse so to speak.......

I wonder what rumor will pop up next? LZ touring with the reunited Sex Pistols? :lol:

That was my first thought too-praying if it is true he did not blow it! Good Lord-

That was my first thought too-praying if it is true he did not blow it! Good Lord-

I've seen The Cult a few times... The first time Ian Astbury was REALLY out there and obviously not having a good night!

At one point, fans were getting all excited and a beer got thrown during Fire Woman with some of it hitting him. After the song, he said ,"Please don't throw your beer... that's so childish. My kids don't even do that."

Then, this girl flashed him while sitting on some guys shoulders. He goes,"Yes... those are very nice, but this show is about us, its not about your tits."

Later on a different girl threw her bra on stage and he held it up and replied,"Thank you very much, I'll be sure to give this to your mother next time I see her."

Finally, a bunch of guys were thrashing about in front of the stage and he goes,"I've really enjoyed watching you... Its like... I'm the bigger man... NO, I'M the bigger man!"

Probably the strangest artist/audience exchange I have ever seen... Needless to say, there was no encore that evening!

I've seen The Cult a few times... The first time Ian Astbury was REALLY out there and obviously not having a good night!

At one point, fans were getting all excited and a beer got thrown during Fire Woman with some of it hitting him. After the song, he said ,"Please don't throw your beer... that's so childish. My kids don't even do that."

Then, this girl flashed him while sitting on some guys shoulders. He goes,"Yes... those are very nice, but this show is about us, its not about your tits."

Later on a different girl threw her bra on stage and he held it up and replied,"Thank you very much, I'll be sure to give this to your mother next time I see her."

Finally, a bunch of guys were thrashing about in front of the stage and he goes,"I've really enjoyed watching you... Its like... I'm the bigger man... NO, I'M the bigger man!"

Probably the strangest artist/audience exchange I have ever seen... Needless to say, there was no encore that evening!

This makes me think that the Cult's lead singer might have a twisted sense of humor, and this could be a joke. If that's the case, it sure ain't funny.

Nice recap. I saw The Cult blow Billy Idol off the stage in 1987 touring for the Electric LP. They were the next best thing to Led Zeppelin at that time, and they knew it. Ian Astbury was interviewed in a metal mag amidst furious LZ reunion rumors and said that he and The Cult would pack it in to make way for "the real thing" if Zep toured. I don't think opening for Led Zeppelin is something he takes lightly. Hope he doesn't create trouble by shooting his mouth off.

I think if it was true, Jimmy would have let the cat out of the bag by now. He is talking everything he can about everything these days, and i love it...so you'd think he'd mention or hint at something by now.

Well even if there is a tour no doubt I won't be able to see them as I bet they won't come to New Zealand. But hell, they will play AUS. I might just have to get over there if there is a tour!

First post and Hi to all on the Forum.

Looks like NME are quoting this too.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

Cheers

Warby

P.S. Looking foward to 10 Dec ;-)

First post and Hi to all on the Forum.

Looks like NME are quoting this too.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

Cheers

Warby

P.S. Looking foward to 10 Dec ;-)

Could this be true? I just wonder why would Astbury announce something like that, I mean he must have known how big thing this is. Or if he doesn't know he's just stupid.

I think if it was true, Jimmy would have let the cat out of the bag by now. He is talking everything he can about everything these days, and i love it...so you'd think he'd mention or hint at something by now.

If you watch Jimmy's interview with Fiona Bruce on the BBC website I think he comes as close as he can to saying a tour is very likely going ahead. He sounds really positive about the possibility.

Well, check out the latest-interesting, and if it is true, they probably want to skewer the lead singer of the Cult-

rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler"]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1574740/2...ahooNewscrawler

...but check out the numerous uninteresting, false threads on same topic already in progress first.

It's a shame Melissa didn't.

Jimmy did make some hints in the Mojo article didn't he.

These things have to planned ahead so if it was going to happen in 2008 they would already be finalising things by now.

I've stated baldly a few times that I am certain there WILL be a tour, so I now claim my SMUG badge. B)

Well, the rumor mills have certainly been in overdrive lately, haven't they? Let's see, so far we have:

1. The 02 Gig will be shown via satellite in selected theaters
  2. A block of dates are on hold for June 2008 at Giants Stadium in NJ for a Led Zeppelin tour
  3. Massive amounts of Led Zeppelin tour merchandise is currently in production in Asia
  4. The Cult will be the opening act for a 2008 Led Zeppelin tour

I must admit, while all of the above are teasing and titillating morsels of dream candy to feed our lusty imaginations of anything Led Zeppelin right now drooling.gif, NONE of the above has been substantiated. The same is true of the following additions to the rumor list, my Zeppaholic friends:

5. LED ZEPPELIN | As Expected: Tour + Bonnaroo?!
    As we predicted, the Led Zeppelin reunion will indeed be going on tour. They even confirmed that The Cult will be their opening act. We even heard a little rumor that Zep is in the final stages of negotiating a headlining slot at this summer's Bonnaroo Festival........

6. John Paul Jones to play JPJ?
    by Lindsay Barnes
    While he gears up for the one-night-only reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena December 10, guitarist Jimmy Page fueled speculation of a full-fledged Led Zeppelin tour when he recently told Guitar World, “It’s a bit silly not to because there is such massive demand.”

Considering that John Paul Jones Arena has already held the likes of Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton, and just hosted the reunited Police, could the JPJ soon be filled with strains of “Stairway to Heaven”? It may sound far-fetched, but our town does boast the following Zep connections:

Led Zep bassist John Paul Jones may not be the eponym for UVA’s basketball arena, but he did play this year’s Bonnaroo Music Festival, co-owned by Coran Capshaw.

Moreover, Jones played as part of this year’s “Superjam” whose alumni include Stewart Copeland (who played JPJ just last week with the Police), Trey Anastasio (who played the Charlottesville Pavilion in October 2006 and opened for the Rolling Stones at Scott Stadium in October 2005), and Herbie Hancock (who played the Paramount Theater in May).

Jason Bonham– who will be filling in for his late father, John, on drums at the London show– has already played Charlottesville! That happened on May 18, 1999, when the Jason Bonham Band played Outback Lodge. According to Lodge owner Terry Martin, the son of “Bonzo” enjoyed his visit. “He stayed well after the show was over, and partied up late night big time,” says Martin. “He was just drinking and having a ball.”

Need more convincing? Well, Nashville-based agency Keith Case & Associates represents recent Robert Plant collaborator Alison Krauss. The firm also happens to represent Charlottesville neo-bluegrass outfit King Wilkie and local resident and folk singer Jesse Winchester. Might Plant have already signed up one of Krauss’ friends as the opening act?

Still not convinced the stars are aligned? In the ’70s, Jimmy Page was infamous for his fascination with the dark arts and secret societies, particularly as they applied to British author Aleister Crowley. Might he take an interest in checking out UVA’s Seven Society (whose symbol is about as cryptic as the runes in the album art of Led Zeppelin IV) or the University’s Edgar Alan Poe room?

Okay, guess where all orders for Zep merch go? You guessed it. From belt buckles to baseball jerseys, the place to buy official Zeppelin gear online in the U.S. is through their store at musictoday.com, a Crozet-based business that Capshaw founded.
    Let the wild speculation begin!

Discuss, debate, imagine, hope ... Zeppel on!

Archived