Zepfest 2011

Reggie29

This just in.

The LARGEST Zeppelin Festival WILL be held on Memorial Day Weekend 2011

May 27 - 28 - 29 Washington, DC

50+ Bands

5 Stages

“Interactive” Festival Grounds

DJs -Speakers – Authors – Largest collection of Zeppelin Memorabilia ever assembled

“Secret” Shows – Surprise Guests

Completely “Green” Festival

VIP packages available

We are in the "Heads Up" phase - letting 'real' fans become aware NOW!

More info at:

FACEBOOK PAGE

Zep Fest 2011

TWITTER

@ZepFest

WEB SITE [to launch soon]

ZepFest2011.Com

Input welcome

Luv

ZepFest2011

• 6 months later...

This isn't just in sorry. This has been around since beginning of November, i helped Zoso's drummer Greg bitch at the commity to let Zoso play there.

Neat though none the less, just in a weird location.

This thread was started in September lol

Im pretty excited about ZepFest though.

Im driving from Baton Rouge to go see it. Seems like a very well organized event, and the people running it couldnt be more generous.

Dread Zeppelin is playing 2 nights. The Yardbirds will be there all 3 nights. Tons of tribute bands....just everything is going to be sick.

Anyone going from New England? It's a 586 mile drive from where I am, but I'm on the fence. Holiday weekend traffic down there is a nightmare. But it's ZEP fest...how can we NOT go?

I wish we could go, but we have a major family event that weekend that we can't miss. Even Sunday only isn't going to work out unfortunately. I'm disappointed because I would have loved to meet folks and see Steve's band; I know it's a rare occasion for them to come East and I'm extra sorry to miss that.

I do hope those of you who go will post pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Yardbirds Guitarist Chris Dreja to Display Historical Photographs at ZepFest, Memorial Day

Dreja-2.jpg

Photo of Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant by Chris Dreja. © Chris Dreja, All Rights Reserved.

WASHINGTON, D.C.- Chris Dreja's classic historical art display focuses on legendary portraits of Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, including the back portrait from Led Zeppelin 1. One photograph, featuring Jimmy, has been autographed by both Chris and Jimmy for the event. Dreja will privately sell this at the Fest, and make others available in a special section of the Festival's Merchandise Table.

This update from Steve Z., guitarist with the tribute act LedZepagain:

Unfortunately, Led Zepagain is off Zepfest now. I would have posted this sooner, but it all went down as we were travelling through Canada late last week. Basically, they hadn't come through with any airfare or deposit for us as promised, and we finally had to give them a deadline which they didn't meet. And we're just not in a position to pay our own way out there and risk losing money on the deal. It's a standard practice to send bands a deposit to secure them to play a show, and they know this. They have also lost both Richard Cole and Jerry Greenberg as speakers for the same reason. I really hope they have things more together than it seems they do for any of you who are going. Neither us or Get The Led Out had gotten any details or confirmation of the staging, production or schedule. We are really disappointed by this, as we were really looking forward to the whole thing...

Does this mean the entire event is cancelled????? anyone????

http://www.facebook....nt_photo_change

Unfortunately that is what I have heard tonight from my friends who were planning to attend (some of whom were invited guests/musicians). In addition to (probably) being unable to cancel flights and get refunds at this late date, several of them had given up alternative gigs/plans for that weekend in order to appear at this Zep festival.

Edited to add: http://www.facebook.com/dreadzeppelin

Zepfest 2011 is cancelled.

I would like to share my thoughts about Zepfest 2011 but suffice to say if one can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

I have absolutely no idea of the behind the scenes problems, challenges, reasons for cancellation...but one thing I am POSITIVE OF.

There are going to be ALOT of DISAPPOINTED FANS!!!

And it looks like I just came up with my next project.

Anyone up for a 150 person invite only fourth anniversary reunion party in Atlantic City, NJ????

12/10/11 (It's a Saturday Night). Four Years Gone. I'll call my host tomorrow morning.... Details within a week.

I just hired a marketing firm to promote FrontRowDave's "From the Fans" I CAN do this.

Anyone behind me please contact me. I'll need volunteers to assist. I've already got loads of ideas.

FrontRowDave@Hotmail.com

Archived