Best underrated Zep song? My pick: The Rover

dpat

Eh? But that would make no sense. :huh:

It's "seen seven wonders"

Knebby,you're right,it makes little sense. But I've been singing that verse that way since I was 17.

And various sites seem to be quite off the mark with Plant's lyrics.

So now,another of my infamous notions has*poofed* into my shallow faculties.

Knebby,at some point in the future,when you have Robert's ear,and if the conversation lulls a tad,you could use your influence,your Albion charm and wit,and mention to Robert that he might consider writing the official book to the accurate lyrics of Led Zeppelin.

I would also like to see anecdotal notes behind the songs.What made the ink flow from his pen to the paper.The inspirations,the causes.

What would separate this book from the pack is that it would be autobiographical in nature.No ghostwriters.No hearsay.Plant on Plant.

The book would be hugely entertaining and successful.I imagine Robert's prose would be just as entertaining and insightful as his lyrics.

Also suggest that Robert could commence his booksigning tour in Birmingham,Alabama.

Knebby,at some point in the future,when you have Robert's ear,and if the conversation lulls a tad,you could use your influence,your Albion charm and wit,and mention to Robert that he might consider writing the official book to the accurate lyrics of Led Zeppelin.

I would also like to see anecdotal notes behind the songs.What made the ink flow from his pen to the paper.The inspirations,the causes.

The book would be hugely entertaining and successful.I imagine Robert's prose would be just as entertaining and insightful as his lyrics.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Plant is a good writer (witiness his Nine Live's box set anecdotes -- they are humorous, insightful, and a wee bit stream-of-consciousness in a good way).

Hate to see Percy go to his grave not letting history know the (a.) inspiration to some of the songs, and (b.) the actual CORRECT lyrics!! (Four Sticks, Ocean, Levee, Trampled, For Yer Life, Hots On Fer Nowheres, et. al.)

It would be a successful commercial venture -- not that Bob needs the money, but it would 'set the record straight'.

Edited by dpat

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Plant is a good writer (witiness his Nine Live's box set anecdotes -- they are humorous, insightful, and a wee bit stream-of-consciousness in a good way).

Hate to see Percy go to his grave not letting history know the (a.) inspiration to some of the songs, and (b.) the actual CORRECT lyrics!! (Four Sticks, Ocean, Levee, Trampled, For Yer Life, Hots On Fer Nowheres, et. al.)

It would be a successful commercial venture -- not that Bob needs the money, but it would 'set the record straight'.

You've nailed it head on,dpat.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

I also enjoyed what he wrote inside the 66 To Timbuktu compilation.

kick-ass tune and fun to play on guitar. to those of us who bought PG when it was released, there is nothing like playing this side of the album. then again, there is nothing like playing any of the other sides!

gonna go play it right now....

I also enjoyed what he wrote inside the 66 To Timbuktu compilation.

I am an idiot at times (hell, who am I kidding? Most, if not all, times!!) ... you are correct, ninelives, it was the 66 to Timbuktu compilation, not the Nine Lives set.

I am an idiot at times (hell, who am I kidding? Most, if not all, times!!) ... you are correct, ninelives, it was the 66 to Timbuktu compilation, not the Nine Lives set.

:console: Nah - happens to me all the time. I thought I was missing something on the Ninelives Box Set liner notes :lol:

Tea For One. Never gets the kind of attention and respect it deserves, I don't think. Which is sad because it's a great song and a distinct nod to SIBLY.

I totally agree with on that. Some under rated songs like Down By The Seaside, South Bound Suarez and Carouselrambra I can see why they weren't performed live back in the day, as it didn't quite "jive" with their setlists. While other songs like Tea For One, The Rover, and For Your Life seem to fit perfect and for some reason were not added.

Perhaps this lack of performance of these songs in part made them under rated as such.

Tea For One. Never gets the kind of attention and respect it deserves, I don't think. Which is sad because it's a great song and a distinct nod to SIBLY.

I agree. Same can be said for I'm Gonna Crawl. A distinct relative of SIBLY and has Page's best solo from ITTOD.

I agree. Same can be said for I'm Gonna Crawl. A distinct relative of SIBLY and has Page's best solo from ITTOD.

I absolutely love I'm Gonna Crawl. One of my faves off the album. When I first got the record, I found it so hard to listen to because it was the last song on the album and it was their last album. It still touches that emotion in me to a point.

I absolutely love I'm Gonna Crawl. One of my faves off the album. When I first got the record, I found it so hard to listen to because it was the last song on the album and it was their last album. It still touches that emotion in me to a point.

Yeah,you tell can Plant's emotions on these vocals are connected directly to his gut and linked to his heart.

That last keyboard sequence by JPJ at the end of the song to me ,makes mysterious the overall outcome.Lest we not include the killer solo by Page,or some of the (unexpected to me) tempo of JHB drumming .

Concisely put,a fucking excellent song.