Happy 33rd Birthday presence

Nice to see Presence getting some notice. My personal favourite Zeppelin album. This was Zeppelin stripped own to the bare essentials and backed into a corner. Like any good fighter they delivered a thunderous knockout punch!

Presence RULES!!!

Presence is the rawest and purest Led Zeppelin ever did. I really like that album, nobody will deny that Achilles Last Stand is epic and one of Zeppelin's best songs. It really is interesting to watch the conditions under that the album was made, Robertz recently had a car accident and sat in a weelchair during the entire recording. Life, death, loneliness and the fear to loose the ones you love, you'll find it all on presence and especially on Achilles Last Stand.

But it took some time untill I knew to aprechiate that album.

I do that too! Woke up to Achilles Last Stand Tues morning B)

That´s really a great form of starting the day, just thinking about the way the guitar appears in the intro of the song makes me feel out of the world!! , that double layer is mind blowing!! :nuke: , definitely that´s my favorite led song.

Presence is the rawest and purest Led Zeppelin ever did. I really like that album, nobody will deny that Achilles Last Stand is epic and one of Zeppelin's best songs. It really is interesting to watch the conditions under that the album was made, Robertz recently had a car accident and sat in a weelchair during the entire recording. Life, death, loneliness and the fear to loose the ones you love, you'll find it all on presence and especially on Achilles Last Stand.

But it took some time untill I knew to aprechiate that album.

Thats pretty true, the album was made under special conditions, you can see that in the lyrics , one of the reasons why I love this album and it´s first song!

:birthday: PRESENCE!!!

• 3 months later...
This was the first Zeppelin album I bought. I love the straight ahead raw sound that Zeppelin had on this album. :D

Hey-Up,

Agree with alot of the above, but also this was the first Zep album I bought, & it was on my 11th Birthday. Now at the Ripe old age of 43, Seen the band live, & in solo stages, the last being "My Chat" with Robert at the Wembley Arena, 22/05/08, (You had to be there), Just want to add to this post, that "Presence".... Is, Was, & Also Will be One of my Top Led Zeppelin albums, its got it all. "Achilles", is a Master-Song, as is "For Your Life", thru to "Nobody's Fault" & to finish off with "Tea for One". Pure Excellence. Thanks Gents, for all that, You- Led Zeppelin brought us.

Hang-man :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Presence is favourite Zeppelin album (And one of my all time faves),along with Led Zeppelin,and IV!!

I think that it's a masterpiece,and it's a shame that it's a bit underated...

I believe that it's one of the band's (and rock's) highlights! :D

I always liked "Hots On For Nowhere" and of course "Nobody's Fault But Mine". I always thought that NFBM as an individual song measured up to LZ's best songs, even if Presence the album didn't match the quality of the first six albums. I like "Achilles Last Stand" but wish that it was a bit less monotonous; what I like about "Carouselambra" from In Through The Out Door" is that it does change a lot, Achilles doesn't, and IMO only a song like "Kashmir" with its hypnotic riffs has the right to be as repetitive as it is for a song of its length ("Kashmir" also builds more dramatically as it goes along). "Tea For One" is a nice, bluesy number but I always thought it could have been much improved with more guitar soloing from Jimmy. The other songs on Presence have their moments but are mediocre, IMO.

Weird.. "Hots on..." is the only LZ song I really hate! (sounds so....manufactured...so forced ...It lacks the sparkles and, unlike all the other songs, it has nothing to offer to me...that chorus make me cringe).But seems that it's only me with that problem (ear problem :P )

Anyway, I LOVE all the rest of Presence (more than any other LZ album )

I believe that Presence is a high quality album...

Achilles Last Stand is simply a masterpiece,and one of Rock's greatest songs! B)

For your Life, and Nobody's Fault but mine,are two fantastic rockers,that helped build Zep's reputation as a HARD band!

Royal Orleans is a Zep-style funky rocker!

Hots on For Nowhere is a great rocker.

Candy Store Rock is a 50's style Hard - Rock n Roll song that's realy enjoyable.

And Tea For One is a Blues gem.

I just can't stop loving that album!!It's one of my favourites!

Archived