TV Commercials

Virginia

What's the chance that clothing with square buttocks actually comes into style, after this?

That would be like.....Squares-ville man!!!

One that really grated on my nerves (I forget the product) where everyone kept saying 'Dude!'

That's almost as bad as 'Hella bad!'

<_<

I am SUCH a sucker for commercials.

First, one of my absolute favorites from WAY BACK -

didn't know who Seth Green was back then, but this Rally's Hamburgers commercial SO rocked!

Cha-Ching!

But more recently, nothing rocks me like the Slowskys for Comcast Internet.

Lectures

Possibly my favorite, Vacation

Sudoku Maniac

Got a Real Talker

Where's The Fire

Dinner with Neighbors

Menu

Loading/"Me Time"

Pillow

Bad Dream

Pushit

And speaking of "Pushit"...

Yeah, I'll think of even more and overdo it some more later...

Favorite:

Visa Tuesday Afternoon

Least favorite:

BK Square butts

How's it going "Virginia" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I am on vacation and am enjoying my two weeks off. I was watching TV at one of my favorite bars and there is this Time Warner commercial that has this synthesized music that bugs the living shit out of me. I swear, it sounds like a theme from The Adams Family soap opera! How do all of you feel about it? ROCK ON!

I also hate commercials for prescription drugs (any!), because they are, I guess, legally compelled to list all of the potential side effects; which usually sound way worse than the original condition the pill is for :blink:

The ice cold Budweiser commercial (where the cute guy is all frosty and kind of clueless) is pretty funny :)

I also hate commercials for prescription drugs (any!), because they are, I guess, legally compelled to list all of the potential side effects; which usually sound way worse than the original condition the pill is for :blink:

Yeah, I'd rather have the symptom than the side effects. :blink:

I hate the one 'Celebrex' that just drones on and on and on and on....................... :nuke:

When my children were younger, I used to love the Luvs diaper commercials :) Those were the ones where the families were a little more real than the families in the other diaper brand commercials :lol:

I also like the commercial for paper towels, when the mom and her son get into a soda fight in the kitchen :)

I don't like commercials where moms are lovingly cleaning the house with a big smile on their face. That is so not our house! :lol:

I know! I just saw one that advertised a pill for depression and it was like, "May cause headache, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, sleepiness, loss of appetite" blah blah blah...and that pill's supposed to treat depression? :rolleyes:

I agree - you listen to the side effects and suddenly being sick might not be so bad :blink::o

I agree - you listen to the side effects and suddenly being sick might not be so bad :blink::o

(fit, smiling couple walking hand-in-hand in a park on a perfect spring day) "...side effects may include: bleeding, swelling of the liver, blindness...and sometimes death " :slapface:

an ounce of prevention...:D

One ad for a sleeping aid says that one of its side effects can be insomnia. :rolleyes:

How's it going "Aquamarine?" Insomnia for a sleeping aid, there must be Crystal Meth in it! When it comes to discussing side effects of every medication shown on a commercial, they say it either real quick or its in real small print where you can't even read it on the bottom of the TV screen. You hear the announcer on the commercial say that the drug is safe but when you hear them say that the side effects are nausea, high blood pressure and heart attacks, it doesn't sound safe to me. ROCK ON!

The Mucinex commercials are pretty gross too, although that stuff does work...

An old joke from the 70's:

Q: What's green and slithers through hospital halls?

A: Mucus Welby (Marcus Welby)

:D

I think the Dr. Pepper commercial with Gene Simmons and his son is really funny :) ("Dad, it's not "KEEEUSS", lol)

My kids *love* the Pepto Bismol commercials ("Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, DIARRHEA!") They just like to say "diarrhea", I think :lol:

I think the Dr. Pepper commercial with Gene Simmons and his son is really funny :) ("Dad, it's not "KEEEUSS", lol)

My kids *love* the Pepto Bismol commercials ("Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, DIARRHEA!") They just like to say "diarrhea", I think :lol:

I like Gene Simmons best when he's not taking himself so seriously -- like in that Dr. Pepper commercial. I give that commercial a thumbs up, too. :)

The worst is that ad where the chocolate guy is walking down the street and women are taking bites out of him. One even takes a bite out of his ass on the bus. It's repulsive. If there was a ad where guys were doing that to a woman there would be complaints and it would be taken off the air. Not really fair. I guess it shows how men are viewed.

Archived