What is your favorite thread here?

Dancin'Days

My apologies Wanna Be but I've been hearing statements like this since the day I and many other's joined this forum. Sometimes it's hard not to take it personally.

I understand; I joined right after the O2 also. I was pretty focused on baby/toddler/preschooler stuff from the early 90s until quite recently. I pretty much just visited parenting and 1 or 2 nutrition/fitness boards.

I would have loved to have been around earlier but it just never occured to me. :(

Back to topic, I can't pick favorites for either either (?), but I do enjoy visiting very much :)

Good for you, unfortunately for my own good I'll be seeing less of the outside world other than what's necessary for the next 6 months <_< so when I'm feeling up to it I'll hang out here. :)

Hey Dzldoc, I know you're looking at chemo, I just want to wish you good luck and a speedy recovery. Hang in there man, we're all rooting for you

The first thing I check out when I log in is the What made you happy thread...noone starts to be a bully there and everyone is nice, unlike some other topics.

My favourite posters are...everyone who doesn't try to be a know-it-all, answers friendly to others and isn't unfair to newbies...you know what I mean?

I hate when people who don't know the date and place of every show and which brand of t-shirts the drum-roadie wore (I belong to that group, I'm a fan and not an encyclopedia...still, hats off to everybody who knows!) are disrespected by older members.

And whoever complains that the old forum was better (I never visited it, so I can't say anything), why don't you just start a new "old" topic, and try to bring in what you miss?

But, after all, this is still my favourite place on the net... :D

I agree with you because the nature of the thread is a positive one... and we have enough negativity in life to deal with. I enjoy hearing about good things... would be nice if "small things" wasn't repeated so often, lol... but that's another story.

I also like reading about people's pet peeves... quite the opposite, but people need to vent, too!

I can think of a few people here who meet your requirements for favorite poster, Virginia and Dzldoc among them :) but i would have to say, Spats qualifies, too... icon4.gif

I agree with you because the nature of the thread is a positive one... and we have enough negativity in life to deal with. I enjoy hearing about good things... would be nice if "small things" wasn't repeated so often, lol... but that's another story.

I also like reading about people's pet peeves... quite the opposite, but people need to vent, too!

I can think of a few people here who meet your requirements for favorite poster, Virginia and Dzldoc among them :) but i would have to say, Spats qualifies, too... icon4.gif

:blush: Thanks and very much likewise!! :)

hands down, the "pet peeves" thread...when "docron" ruled the roost...

though still occasionally noteworthy when "footsteps of dawn" moves in for the kill...

Hey, thanks! That makes me feel better...I feel like I've been complaining an awful lot lately, so at least I know I'm still useful every once in a while. :)

My favorite thread...gotta be "Robert's Jeans." Nothin' better than a little denim and a lotta innuendo. :shifty:

1). Post your picture - cos you know you waaaant to.

and

2). Roxie

Whooo-hoo!

Score one for me--kinda. I just happened to be the one who was quick enough to start that thread, so I decided it was my thread. :rolleyes:

I don't really have a favorite thread. I have a bunch of favorite posters, though. Some of them don't post here much anymore, and that makes me kinda sad. :(

I know, there are a lot of old friends who don't post here anymore.

Makes me a bit sad too.

The first thing I check out when I log in is the What made you happy thread...noone starts to be a bully there and everyone is nice, unlike some other topics.

My favourite posters are...everyone who doesn't try to be a know-it-all, answers friendly to others and isn't unfair to newbies...you know what I mean?

I hate when people who don't know the date and place of every show and which brand of t-shirts the drum-roadie wore (I belong to that group, I'm a fan and not an encyclopedia...still, hats off to everybody who knows!) are disrespected by older members.

And whoever complains that the old forum was better (I never visited it, so I can't say anything), why don't you just start a new "old" topic, and try to bring in what you miss?

:goodpost::yourock::thumbsup: Lucy, you are my fav poster now!

The thing is, the difference between the old board and the new board are kinda like this:

Say you live in a nice small, quiet town. You know all your neighbors and get along with almost all of them, or at least can tolerate them.

And then one day you wake up, and about 10000 new people have moved into your town overnight. And a large part -not all- of your new neighbors are Loud, disrespectful to the current residents, and trash up the place. And so, you try to speak up, but are told to "Deal with it!" "This is the way it is now!" and "If you don't like it, leave!"

How would you feel?

It's not that the Oldbies think we're better, or that we know more, or blah blah blah.

The thing is, the difference between the old board and the new board are kinda like this:

Say you live in a nice small, quiet town. You know all your neighbors and get along with almost all of them, or at least can tolerate them.

And then one day you wake up, and about 10000 new people have moved into your town overnight. And a large part -not all- of your new neighbors are Loud, disrespectful to the current residents, and trash up the place. And so, you try to speak up, but are told to "Deal with it!" "This is the way it is now!" and "If you don't like it, leave!"

How would you feel?

It's not that the Oldbies think we're better, or that we know more, or blah blah blah.

There will always be conflicts between certain people, no matter how small of town/board. You can't like everyone and not everyone can like you. You know the old saying, the more the merrier. There will always be assholes....that's people/life, but if you have lemons what do you do with them? Make lemonade.....right?

There will always be conflicts between certain people, no matter how small of town/board. You can't like everyone and not everyone can like you. You know the old saying, the more the merrier. There will always be assholes....that's people/life, but if you have lemons what do you do with them? Make lemonade.....right?

:goodpost::thanku:

Sure, but I think Bonnie's point had to do with what happens when an established community changes its character overnight. It wouldn't be human not to feel some nostalgia for the old community, even if in some cases it ends up being seen through rose-colored specs. :)

Sure, but I think Bonnie's point had to do with what happens when an established community changes its character overnight. It wouldn't be human not to feel some nostalgia for the old community, even if in some cases it ends up being seen through rose-colored specs. :)

Some of the older community posters had a bit of a superiority complex, and seemed to have a need to tout their education or lifestyle in every thread. I think there's less of that, now?

My take on the "old" vs. the "new" can be biased and incensitive at times. I fully accept and welcome new people and discussions all the time. I guess because back in 03, 04 it was new to me, everything seemed better in some way. I do remember alot less arguing, atleast bitter arguing and more acceptance and more discussion about the fruits of life. Granted, I think we here reflect the world we live in and our world has arguably grown darker in those 6 years. The biggest regret I have is alot of posters from the old board didn't come over or didn't hang around long. It's kinda like Spanky & The Gang. The Gang went through phases and kept changing its characters over time. I guess I just miss those guys.

The biggest regret I have is alot of posters from the old board didn't come over or didn't hang around long. It's kinda like Spanky & The Gang. The Gang went through phases and kept changing its characters over time. I guess I just miss those guys.

Evster and Matt, or Chubby and Farina?

OK credit where credit is due: And here's from me:

Otto Masson and Pb Dirigible - while I'm not one to play faves I am always interested in what they have to say (I don't know either).

Aquamarine - she created my favorite thread

speaking of which Coda S. and Black Country Woman and PlanetPage whose pics of Robert are most beautiful

He gets well-deserved credit but also get flak - hey that's the name of the game - with those "gay" and "impostor" innuendos - but you gotta admit he has shared so much wealth of information about the band and has kept a major part in keeping this forum afloat: SteveAJones.

Blokeboy right from first day he posted he caught your attention. I never knew Robert Plant won a dance competition!

Mainly I come here for Robert Plant - my :superman::air_kiss:

OK have fun

I'll admit I used to be more enthusiastic about this place. But that has nothing to do with the old posters vs. new posters. I've just kind of lost interest for reasons completely unrelated to that(I guess it may or may not be reflected in how I post).

So to answer the original question. I don't really have a favorite thread here.

FWIW, I wish many of the old members who left, would come back. There are many who I have never met and, some who have left who are doing themselves and this forum a disservice by not being here. Christ, if I survived the last year then certainly most of you can :lol:

Archived