Adam Lambert sings WLL on American Idol

zep4ever

i think this guy just sucks, and both songs he did tonight were awful. and the judges kiss his ass. the whole thing makes me want to vomit.

kris allen was brilliant doing kanye west.

I agree... that Kris Allen was brilliant. And I do think the judges kiss Adam's a$$ a bit. He has great stage presence but as for when he makes a record, I'm not sure I would like his style. We'll see! I'm hoping Kris takes it. Regardless these three guys are very talented in their own ways. I think the best top 5 ever on the show.

i think this guy just sucks, and both songs he did tonight were awful. and the judges kiss his ass. the whole thing makes me want to vomit.

kris allen was brilliant doing kanye west.

I'm right there with you on that. Apparently the show jumped through major hoops to get permission for him to sing "One" and he butchered it. :(

Who watched tonight? Wow, they(the judges) don't like Kris Allen. What is up with that?

I watched as always! :) Not sure what you mean about judges not liking Kris? Is it because Simon said he had written him off after his first song..or...??? I actually thought the judges had been liking Kris overall.

As to Adam, I agree with people that are saying that he is CLEARLY the judges favorite...and what was up with Katy Perry and her Adam Lambert cape??

Sharon

I watched as always! :) Not sure what you mean about judges not liking Kris? Is it because Simon said he had written him off after his first song..or...??? I actually thought the judges had been liking Kris overall.

As to Adam, I agree with people that are saying that he is CLEARLY the judges favorite...and what was up with Katy Perry and her Adam Lambert cape??

Sharon

I guess it just seemed like they were shocked to see Kris in the finals and then Simon said something about a Ding Dong show next week.

And yeah, the Katie Perry/I want Adam to win cape? Rude.

And anyway... I would have rather seen Adam dress up as Elvis. ;) He would probably get my vote for sure then.

I had a chance to watch the video of Adam/WLL yesterday. There was a section he improvised that didn't work for me. But it's a minor criticism. I also watched Born to be Wild again, and I still think it was MUCH better than WLL: it has incredible momentum and energy, and the improvising & high notes work, for me anyway. I do think he sounds similar to Robert, at times, esp. on Ring of Fire. From the last few notes of Black or White, on the studio version, I don't know if I'd be able to tell them apart. I react differently to each guy, but I hear similarities.

It's very hit and miss which versions (of Adam's songs) to listen to. For example, on some songs, the vocals are better on the studio version than the live performance, but on several of the studio versions, the accompaniment/arrangements are so terrible they are unlistenable. I haven't listened to the studio version of WLL yet...will momentarily.

I posted (warning: studio versions may induce vomiting) on the idol forum, because the arrangements are so bad.

I'd say if you're interested in Adam, listen to the studio (full length) versions of Ring of Fire, Mad World, Feelin' Good (the arrangement sucks but the vocal is great) & WLL (av on iTunes). Watch the live video versions of Tracks of My Tears & Born to Be Wild. One (U2) was great live Tuesday-I haven't heard the studio version.

I posted (warning: studio versions may induce vomiting) on the idol forum, because the arrangements are so bad.

I'd say if you're interested in Adam, listen to the studio (full length) versions of Ring of Fire, Mad World, Feelin' Good (the arrangement sucks but the vocal is great) & WLL (av on iTunes). Watch the live video versions of Tracks of My Tears & Born to Be Wild. One (U2) was great live Tuesday-I haven't heard the studio version.

I haven't listened to any of his studio versions, so am interested to check out the ones you said...I did like Ring of Fire live, so would be interested to see what the studio version was like. also, i agree, that One was very good the other night live.

Will be interesting to see if he wins the whole thing! I think maybe he should do something with Slash! :D

Sharon

I'm right there with you on that. Apparently the show jumped through major hoops to get permission for him to sing "One" and he butchered it. :(

I loved his Mary J. Blige version of "One". Adam is awesome! Hope he wins, but if he doesn't he'll still be very successful!

I loved his Mary J. Blige version of "One". Adam is awesome! Hope he wins, but if he doesn't he'll still be very successful!

That arrangement/version was Mary J Blige? Didn't know that and was curious who did the arrangement.

Sharon

I forgot she had done the song but I can't remember what it was for - wasn't it some benefit or am I confused again?

I didn't like it either.

so he's a rock god?! you mean like Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Steven Tyler, Jimi Hendrix...he's like them...HAHAHA like Mick Jagger, Stevie Rey Vaughn...

so he's a rock god?! you mean like Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Steven Tyler, Jimi Hendrix...he's like them...HAHAHA like Mick Jagger, Stevie Rey Vaughn...

Where did she said things like that?

Eh??? All I said was I didn't like it. Don't know why you quoted me and responded as such :huh:

Sorry, mate, but if you don't feel like a complete idiot by now, you should.

Eh??? All I said was I didn't like it. Don't know why you quoted me and responded as such :huh:

Not quoting you just making a comment on the whole Adam phenom Kara from AI made the rock god comment i thought some of you may have heard it and found it ridiculos too jump off my back everyone

Not quoting you just making a comment on the whole Adam phenom Kara from AI made the rock god comment i thought some of you may have heard it and found it ridiculos too jump off my back everyone

I wasn't jumping on your back - I merely didn't understand your post and being you posted it quoting my comment, I simply wanted clarification on what you meant. Don't think that's the same thing as attacking you.

And it's really not that difficult to say "sorry I made a mistake by quoting ninelives wrongly". It could happen and you can see most people in this thread DON'T see Adam Lambert as a rock god and actually agree with you.

You can always clarify yourself, don't take the comments from others as attacks. :beer:

Yes, flower, I saw it when Kara called Adam a "ROCK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (<---her words). Geez she was practically apoplectic after that performance--I thought she was going to run up and kiss him even tho he's gay. LOL!! :) I WAS ROFL'ing at your post, as I totally get what you mean! Yeah...like Adam is ready to be in the company of REAL rock gods(like the ones you listed)....can we at least wait a decade or two and see if Adam amounts to anything before handing him the "god" crown?!?! :blink::D

Peace--

Sharon

We'll see what happens this week with the final. I could be wrong, but I think the finalists choose their own material now. Not sure if there is any theme to it. I actually liked Adam's version of WLL. At least he was original and didn't sing it exactly like Zep's studio version. Always good to improvise and that makes you unique as Adam is. Sometimes he nails his improvising and sometimes not. Always good to try things out and you learn from that to be better the next time. Either way, I think we'll be hearing from him for years. He's creative and that's a positive to have you own distinct style, unlike much of the music today.

Archived