Why do you Love Led Zeppelin

McSeven

Out of every music that I have heard in my lifetime, LZ is #1. Nothing else surpasses it. Only James Brown can tie with them.

What is it about Zep's music for you does it as a fan. For me its the dynamic diversity of the band sonic out put. When I listen to Zep on Youtube, I always notice that they like to make thier music like a journey. I have heard at least 4-6 versions of How many more times. Each one of them is like visting a different continent.

I also love the riffs. The are complex and simple at the same time. I love the way the guitar/vocal/Bass/Percusion meet. Thier is Play a foot when they play live. Zep does not have a paint by the numbers vibe like a lot of bands.

I guess to me Zep have a Twisted Curved sound that is diverse and makes it multi listenable. Or I wonder if its a blues element that makes thier sound timeless.

Mc7

Out of every music that I have heard in my lifetime, LZ is #1. Nothing else surpasses it. Only James Brown can tie with them.

What is it about Zep's music for you does it as a fan. For me its the dynamic diversity of the band sonic out put. When I listen to Zep on Youtube, I always notice that they like to make thier music like a journey. I have heard at least 4-6 versions of How many more times. Each one of them is like visting a different continent.

I also love the riffs. The are complex and simple at the same time. I love the way the guitar/vocal/Bass/Percusion meet. Thier is Play a foot when they play live. Zep does not have a paint by the numbers vibe like a lot of bands.

I guess to me Zep have a Twisted Curved sound that is diverse and makes it multi listenable. Or I wonder if its a blues element that makes thier sound timeless.

Mc7

Sort of tight but loose? :D

I like your descriptions a lot--can't say it much better. :thumbsup:

Mc7

Well said. I also liked their spirit and desire to push the envelope musically and not fit some "mold". They took each album to a new place and weren't content to rest on their past achievements. As a result, they're in a way, hard to describe because so many things are going on but it works so perfectly. Their music is also layered in a way that you can revisit songs and keep discovering interesting things in them.

Bit of a ramble but it's a tough question to properly articulate!

I think for me it started out with their mystical lyrics , Jimmy's unequaled mastery , Jonseys double blessed talents, Bonzo's thunder beat, and the unbelievable range and depth of Plants voice. It had to be a cosmic/devine destiny of the 4 perfect parts that made one unbelievable whole! We used to just lay around and listen to their entire albums. I couldnt wait for SRTS to hit the stores! If I remember correctly, the album came out before the movie did. I was absolutely blown away by them live! I have been listening to them for about 35 years and they are the soundtrack of my life. There is only one Led Zeppelin and I feel blessed to have been able to experience them in this life.

Mc7

.....You have covered every possible reason......When Jimmy Page and Robert Plant met for the very first time, it was a meeting of minds and hearts to explore the world as in culture, music, art, fashion, and most importantly people/humanity....They both had passionate desire to bring East/West countries together, Jimmy and Robert for instance wanted to travel "in to the minds of eastern musicians" when they first visited India...

Why I love Led Zeppelin? Led Zeppelin is a beautiful garden of music with colorful songs created by expert cultivators...... :thanku: Jimmy and Robert.........

Raakhee_Gulzar.jpg

Aside from the top notch reasons above about why we love Led Zeppelin, no mention was made that several album sides are conducive for good lovemaking. I'll let someone else establish that point.

Well said. I also liked their spirit and desire to push the envelope musically and not fit some "mold". They took each album to a new place and weren't content to rest on their past achievements. As a result, they're in a way, hard to describe because so many things are going on but it works so perfectly. Their music is also layered in a way that you can revisit songs and keep discovering interesting things in them.

Bit of a ramble but it's a tough question to properly articulate!

Well said yourself :D

They're so varied, so amazing that you can never get tired of them. I love re-listening to the ones I've heard a million times late at night when it's perfectly silent. You can hear new things forever! Sometimes I've even gained a better perspective of the whole song because of another layer I found. I love the dynamics they had as a band. You can tell from listening to them that they were ment to be together. Even a 'simpler' song like Rock & Roll. I was listening to it with a friend one day when she had a revelation about how it all worked. "Ya know - It's just everything. You could say 'Oh, the guitar just makes this song' But then the drums make the song, and the vocals, and the bass and it's just all of it together..." "And the piano nobody notices..." I added. There's just so much unity & dynamics in their music, and they all accent each other perfectly! Ah, I could go on all day...

Why do I love Zepp?

They are an inspiration.

They were a band that no-one could replace, or could forget.

To those who know them, they add quality to music and they way that we feel and act towards music, they are a band that adds presence and passion towards written notes.

They are a band which makes us feel connect, a part.

Edit: I think I feel another poem coming on :lol:

Edited by Jimmy's A Legend

The guitar rif's (1st album), the drum's and the singing on that (and all the rest) first song on the first album! Bass makes it fit like glue!

There is the sonic's of the sound to, the way it was recorded, mixed and so on! I mean what else can you say but, Eddy Kramer and Page working together on the first few album's!

• 2 weeks later...

Mc7

Well said, and also if you ever saw them live these men were having fun on stage. You would see all of them at some point look at one another and smile. I mean think about it, Pink Floyd while they were in the top 5 bands were fighting with each other so you never knew if the bands were gonna break up or get a new member and with Zep they proved that they (Page , Plant, Bonham & Jones )were the band. They didn't over shadow each other. They were a Rock/Blues band that had class and loyalty. And the ironoc part is look at the loyalty that has continued to follow them. never ceases to amaze me.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, there are many reasons why people may love (or even hate) Led Zeppelin and their music. My own personal reasons for loving the music of what I call the "MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN" is simple: they created and personified the electric blues and "heavy" music with a cross section of all kinds of other influences thrown together to produce all spectrums of the musical variety. "Light and Shade", psychadelic, folk, soul etc.. NONE of the close to 100 songs Led Zeppelin produced sound anything similiar to the other. That in itself is on major accomplishment. LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN...

When I was in high school, Zeppelin were like gods to some of my friends. But then again, they my friends were almost always stoned, and I think that accounted for much of the appeal. Ive always found them Led Zeppelin this time a bit boring but with flashes of brilliance.

When I was in high school, Zeppelin were like gods to some of my friends. But then again, they my friends were almost always stoned, and I think that accounted for much of the appeal. Ive always found them Led Zeppelin this time a bit boring but with flashes of brilliance.

:blink:

:huh:

Completely agree with your analogy about your friends. My friends in high school were all Mormons and treated Zep like they were Gods. So stoned or Mormon, it's all the same really.

Mc7

firs of all the reason i started lisining 2 zep in the first place is im a drummer and u cant get much better then Bonham lol.

i completly agry with you about the whole divercity thing, i dont think its actuly poible to zep in a genre.

and about the blues eliment, it defently hade a part in thare sound but i think bonham's jazz influenc was a big part of it.

p.s. sory about the spelling i have dyslexia and Dysgraphia lol so try two get past the horible spelling