Could Mr Rodgers be the Man?

He COULD be. But I doubt it.

He has an unbelievable voice, he had enough experience working with different musicians and groups. But still it's hard to tell if there can be muscial sparks between him and Jimmy and Jonesy.

He has worked with Jimmy in the 80s, but after the Firm broke up, Jimmy hasn't expressed the wish to revisit the collaboration.

And, the 3Js' project had fallen apart claimed Jimmy's manager in January, and til now four months have passed, there has been no news coming out to deny that. So I guess there is little hope.

In addition, Paul Rodgers is due to undertake a short U.S tour with the surviving, original members of Bad Company...

It's only 10 dates. It'll be over in no time.

Paul could be a great frontman for a JP/JPJ project. He's still in excellent voice and doesn't look half bad either :D

Now that Paul Rodgers has left Queen could he be the man to fill the hole? Would be nice, Not as Zeppelin though. Paul is my second Love (Music wise) after Zeppelin and he has an unbelievable voice, What's your thoughts ?

I take it you never saw The Firm :slapface:

Cripes I thought you were talking about the real Mr. Rodgers. You know, "It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood" Mr. Rodgers. Who, by the way has died so he is definitely not the Man.

That fella's name was actually Mr. Rogers.

I love Paul Rodgers.

He is the only one that I can imagine singing with the three J's, just my opinion.

I loved him in Free, Bad Company, The Firm and with Queen.

I was a bigger fan of Bad Company than of Led Zeppelin in the 70's. :D

I also liked The Firm's music. Perhaps Jimmy can give him another try?

I love Paul Rodgers.

He is the only one that I can imagine singing with the three J's, just my opinion.

I loved him in Free, Bad Company, The Firm and with Queen.

I was a bigger fan of Bad Company than of Led Zeppelin in the 70's. :D

I also liked The Firm's music. Perhaps Jimmy can give him another try?

Rodgers and the 3 Js would be interesting, but he's a little like the singer that can't nail a long term gig (not that he needs one). Rodgers is like a Rolling Stone. He left Queen?? Why? Thought they were a decent fit.

The Firm's second album Mean Business was brilliant and completely underrated. But forget about Rodgers singing any Zep songs. Voice = different. I can picture him singing Whole Lotta Love or Heartbreaker in a lower key but that's about it....bring Chris Robinson back or put Adam Lambert in front and you may have something...

If you were a singer who has been famous from several previous groups over the past 40 years (Free, Bad Co, Firm) as well as an established solo touring/recording artist and then were asked to front a band like Queen, how long would it be that you may grow tired of it??? (as he left amicably after a few years of touring and recording a new record). I think the new record not doing much in the US probably helped him to make his decision.

It wasn't much of a "Queen" record (but it did have a few good tracks). Who knows???

R B)

I can picture him singing Whole Lotta Love or Heartbreaker in a lower key but that's about it....bring Chris Robinson back or put Adam Lambert in front and you may have something...

According to interviews I've seen with Chris Robinson, working with Page is apparently not an experience he choses to repeat again. Not because of Page himself but evidently he didn't get the biggest kick out of performing Zeppelin songs. As for Lambert, I imagine it'll be a cold day in hell before Page, Jones and Jason Bonham are in a band fronted by an American Idle contestant. Not to mention, when they were supposedly searching for a singer Jones said they weren't looking for someone that was a Robert Plant soundalike or a clone to sing Led Zeppelin songs.

According to interviews I've seen with Chris Robinson, working with Page is apparently not an experience he choses to repeat again. Not because of Page himself but evidently he didn't get the biggest kick out of performing Zeppelin songs.

I thought The Firm only played their own material and tracks from Page and Rodgers' solo albums?

Now that Paul Rodgers has left Queen could he be the man to fill the hole? Would be nice, Not as Zeppelin though. Paul is my second Love (Music wise) after Zeppelin and he has an unbelievable voice, What's your thoughts ?

Paul Rogers is boring (to me). His lyrics/writing skills are weak and has no presence onstage. Replacing Freddie Mercury with Paul Rogers was a huge mistake.

The guy has a great voice, but no range. His approach to music is always the same and predictable.

If Paul Rogers is the best singer that Page and Jones can find, then they should just hang it up and call it day.

This is just my opinion.

I don't think Paul Rodgers was ever even considered a "replacement" for Freddie Mercury either by the surviving members of Queen or by Rodgers himself, that's why they were always billed as Queen + Paul Rodgers. I also never got the impression that was ever meant to be any sort of long term thing. It appeared to be something they were doing just for fun.

As for Page and Jones looking for a singer, according to a statement issued by Page's manager that "search" has been called off for quite some time now.

I don't think Paul Rodgers was ever even considered a "replacement" for Freddie Mercury either by the surviving members of Queen or by Rodgers himself, that's why they were always billed as Queen + Paul Rodgers. I also never got the impression that was ever meant to be any sort of long term thing. It appeared to be something they were doing just for fun.

As for Page and Jones looking for a singer, according to a statement issued by Page's manager that "search" has been called off for quite some time now.

True, on both counts. I guess I'm just not crazy about Paul Rodgers.

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Rogers is boring (to me). His lyrics/writing skills are weak and has no presence onstage. Replacing Freddie Mercury with Paul Rogers was a huge mistake.

The guy has a great voice, but no range. His approach to music is always the same and predictable.

If Paul Rogers is the best singer that Page and Jones can find, then they should just hang it up and call it day.

This is just my opinion.

You need to listen to "Simple Man" off Run With The Pack and get back to us. His writing, vocals and overall presence is off the charts, imo.

• 2 weeks later...
According to interviews I've seen with Chris Robinson, working with Page is apparently not an experience he choses to repeat again. Not because of Page himself but evidently he didn't get the biggest kick out of performing Zeppelin songs. As for Lambert, I imagine it'll be a cold day in hell before Page, Jones and Jason Bonham are in a band fronted by an American Idle contestant. Not to mention, when they were supposedly searching for a singer Jones said they weren't looking for someone that was a Robert Plant soundalike or a clone to sing Led Zeppelin songs.

Zep did license the rights to "Rock and Roll" for a car ad...don't forget...I would never say never...

You need to listen to "Simple Man" off Run With The Pack and get back to us. His writing, vocals and overall presence is off the charts, imo.

I'm getting back to "us". I've heard the 'Run With The Pack' album many times, and love it.

I was really refering to Paul Rogers work with Page in The Firm.

He was perfect for Bad Company, but his collaboration with Page was pretty weak,

in my opinion.

Thats why the suggestion of them playing together again doesn't thrill me.

Archived