BEST ZEPP CONCERT?

TyrackT71

9 January 1970 The Royal Albert Hall.

RAH was the concert that really made me fall in love with the band and their music. It was the first performance that I ever saw of Zepp.

For one I personally feel that it was a time when the group were at their strongest together, their music was more powerful and stronger. Plus it was a time when Zepp were untouched by fame. To me it was a time when they cared 100% for the music. (not to say they didn't later on). And you could really tell that this is what they wanted to so, this is the life which they wanted to lead; a life of music.

(that's right-it's not just becuase it was Pagey's B-day :rolleyes: )

Just my opinion.

when and where was your favourite led zeppelin concert of all time?

How's it going "TyrackT71?" I saw LED ZEPPELIN twice in their heyday which is on 23 June 1977 at The Forum in Los Angeles, California and one month later on 23 July 1977 at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California. After listening to hundreds and hundreds of LED ZEPPELIN bootlegs along with seeing ZEPPELIN twice, my favorite concert would still have to be The Forum show on 23 June 1977. ZEPPELIN was on fire that night! This show should rank as one of the band's all-time greatest shows ever performed. ROCK ON!

How's it going "TyrackT71?" I saw LED ZEPPELIN twice in their heyday which is on 23 June 1977 at The Forum in Los Angeles, California and one month later on 23 July 1977 at the Oakland Coliseum in Oakland, California. After listening to hundreds and hundreds of LED ZEPPELIN bootlegs along with seeing ZEPPELIN twice, my favorite concert would still have to be The Forum show on 23 June 1977. ZEPPELIN was on fire that night! This show should rank as one of the band's all-time greatest shows ever performed. ROCK ON!

I was at the June 23rd 1977 show in LA it was my first concert. I must say I have never seen anyone better than they were on that night. The only thing as good was the reunion gig I attended in 2007 no one has even come close.

I was at the June 23rd 1977 show in LA it was my first concert. I must say I have never seen anyone better than they were on that night. The only thing as good was the reunion gig I attended in 2007 no one has even come close.

How's it going "allbettsareoff?" That is so ccol to finally meet someone else that was at The Forum show on 23 June 1977 like I was! I don't what it is but LED ZEPPELIN were always in top form when they performed live in Los Angeles. I wished that the ZEPPELIN organization or Peter Grant would have approved a taping of the complete Forum 23 June 1977 show and not the Seattle Kingdome on 17 July 1977. Thats just my opinion, what do you think? ROCK ON!

How's it going "allbettsareoff?" That is so ccol to finally meet someone else that was at The Forum show on 23 June 1977 like I was! I don't what it is but LED ZEPPELIN were always in top form when they performed live in Los Angeles. I wished that the ZEPPELIN organization or Peter Grant would have approved a taping of the complete Forum 23 June 1977 show and not the Seattle Kingdome on 17 July 1977. Thats just my opinion, what do you think? ROCK ON!

Yes, I enjoyed that night.

I like Eddie over Badgeholders because on the latter Page's guitar is buried in the mix. Badgeholders does have a better No Quarter, but Eddie has Bonzo's stunning single stroke roll entrance to TSRTS. Pagey could play the blues when he felt like it, just like Bonham could play a single stroke roll, except I NEVER heard a roll like that one.

Per the St. Millard recordings, both nights sound like Zep on top of their game.

And on Badgeholders, Moon the Loon (the most over-rated drummer in rock) detracts from and intrudes upon Led Zeppelin's show, he wasn't even funny, just an embarrassing drunk. Look at the look on his face when Plant snatches the mike out of his hand. I'm surprised Richard Cole didn't throw that idiot head first into the parking lot.

I like Eddie over Badgeholders because on the latter Page's guitar is buried in the mix. Badgeholders does have a better No Quarter, but Eddie has Bonzo's stunning single stroke roll entrance to TSRTS. Pagey could play the blues when he felt like it, just like Bonham could play a single stroke roll, except I NEVER heard a roll like that one.

Per the St. Millard recordings, both nights sound like Zep on top of their game.

And on Badgeholders, Moon the Loon (the most over-rated drummer in rock) detracts from and intrudes upon Led Zeppelin's show, he wasn't even funny, just an embarrassing drunk. Look at the look on his face when Plant snatches the mike out of his hand. I'm surprised Richard Cole didn't throw that idiot head first into the parking lot.

really..? I thought Kieth insane moon made the badgeholders show even more classic.

really..? I thought Kieth insane moon made the badgeholders show even more classic.

You got the insane part right, jp66. Moon genuinely belonged in an institution if for nothing other than his rampant alcoholism. After TOMMY his drumming skills atrophied bigtime; he was OK, but not in Bonzo's league by any stretch, or Dino Danelli's, Mitch Mitchell's, Ginger Baker's, Kenney Jones', or any number of other drumming peers. The method in which the Who and their manager Bill Curbishley (now Jimmy's manager) handled Moon was deplorable. Instead of hospitalizing Keith, round-the-clock handlers kept him out of trouble, after all, a man who's in a hospital can't tour and record (and that in turn might negatively impact someone else's income).

I've read two very sad biographies about the Who's late drummer. Moon interfered with flight crews, terrorized old women, entered restaurants stark naked and walked across tabletops putting his feet in dinner plates, and lived in a house full of dogshit that he couldn't be bothered cleaning up. Did you know Moon killed a man by driving a limousine over him? None of that is funny, or cool. They're insane acts. If you or I pulled stunts like that we'd be in straitjackets.

I can debunk two rock 'n roll writ-in-stone myths in one sentence: Moon never did drive a Cadillac into a swimming pool any more than Keith Richard got a blood change operation in Switzerland to cure heroin addiction. A drunken Moon did drive a car into a fish pond at his house.

Moon is remembered as a rock 'n roll wild man and a comedian instead of a chap with a real problem nobody around him gave a damn about. Call me a spoilsport, but I think that's about as humorous as Moon showing his ass in front 20,000+ people on June 23rd, 1977.

"Full Moon" by Dougal Butler is a great rock and roll book, there's some hilarious shit in there. And Keith was a very unique drummer, he supplied real excitement to the music, (unlike Kenny Jones).

Yes his story is sad, but also highly entertaining. Don't be so hard on ol' Moonie, there wasn't any decent treatment available for bipolar conditions back then. (see Jaco Pastorious for a similar story)