Most powerful scenes in movie history.

lzzoso

the scene in Munich where they track down the female assassin to the Dutch Canals and shoot her.

Sure, she did a nasty thing to one of them and deserved it, but the scene of her death is horrible/moving/powerful. The acting on her part is top notch. having just been shot she simply doesnt know what to do, how to react or what should be happening. She stubbles around for a bit, picks up the cat strokes it, puts it down, sits down confused and eventually dies. The raw base-level emotions she seems to go through and displays in the short space of time before she dies really knocked me for six.

Brian's song was one of the most powerful movies I've seen. A true story of friendship, courage and brotherly love when there was still much civil unrest in this country. I cry every time I see this movie, here is one of many touching scenes. At the 1:30 mark when the theme comes on that's it for me, the waterworks begin. ..........missy :'(

Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams) speech from the 1971 TV movie "Brian's Song."

The ending of Godfather Part 2 when they show Sonny, Fredo, Michael, Carlo, Tom, Sal and Connie.

It was a happy time and then you realize that 4 of them are dead.

Very good point. I Love that scene for that reason and two others:

When Sonny says (paraphrasing), "the nerve of them damn Japs, dropping bombs on Pop's Birthday" and then Fredo says, "They didn't know it was Pop's Birthday".

And, when Michael surprises everyone and announces that he enlisted in the Marines that day and then Fredo says, "Congratulations Mickey" and reaches over to shake Michael's hand and Sonny grabs Fredo's hand in disgust and breaks up their handshake. It seems that Sonny actually physically hurt Fredo. Then you can hear (in the background) one of Sonny's daughter say, "Daddy's fighting again".

What makes that seemingly innocent statement so profound is the fact that it was Sonny's "hotheadedness" that eventually caused His downfall.

What a great scene and what a Great Movie!!!

• 2 weeks later...

"Network" - 1976 Arthur Jensen's speech to Howard Beale.

When people mention Network, it's usually Howard Beale's "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" rant they remember...and rightly so, and Peter Finch deserved the Oscar and every bit of praise he received for that part. It was a shame he passed away before the Oscar awards.

But, for me, the key scene of the film, and one of the most powerful and indelible monologues in cinema history is this scene where Ned Beatty (as TV station owner Arthur Jensen) lays down the law of the land to Peter Finch's Howard Beale. "You are meddling with the primal forces of nature!"

This movie is over 35 years old, and it is just as relevant today as it was then...maybe even more so. That is the genius of the screenwriter, Paddy Chayevsky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sySuIXG_IM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://youtu.be/muEnLlycOn4

Pretty much any scene from any Charlton Heston movie where he "discovers" something or comes to a realization of epic proportions whether zombie mutants are running a post apocolyptic world, whether he discovers humans are a goverment sponsored food source, whether he discovers he's landed on a planet run by talking apes or if he discovers that planet of apes was actually home after all....

From the movie Apocalypto, the main character Jaguar Paw after watching his family and friends get slaughtered and almost getting beheaded himself, gets chased down by the warriors trying to kill him, he jumps into a waterfall and the warriors think he got killed but he climbs out of the water and gives the speech: " I am Jaguar Paw, son of Flint Sky. My Father hunted this forest before me. My name is Jaguar Paw. I am a hunter. This is my forest. And my sons will hunt it with their sons after I am gone. " I just get chills when I hear it, he has seen and been through so much but he keeps going.

Also another powerful movie moment for me is in the movie The Last King of Scotland, when Dr. Garrigan(James McAvoy), escapes out of Uganda on a plane after being tortured by Idi Amin (Forest Whittaker) and the look on Idi Amin's face because he knows that soon everyone will know just how evil he was and Dr. Garrigan having flashbacks about how good things were when he first arrived in Uganda.

Archived