Most powerful scenes in movie history.

lzzoso

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, when they both died. that did it for me

Haven't seen that one yet.

Two films I've recently watched with tons of great scenes:

'Crash' and 'Reign Over Me'

These are the kind of films you remember and are rare gems out of most of the crap from Hollywood these days.

B)

"I'v seen things you people wouldnt believe...."

Amazing that someone talking about rather generic sci fi themes can be so poetic. Really shows the overall theme of the film aswell IMHO, people generally focus on the aspect of using Replicants as slaves but really I think its a study of the human condiction. The replicants effectly reflect the modern human IMHO, there limated lifespans highlight iour own morality and the fact they were created by a "godlike" figure who ultimately prooves to be just a falable as them reflects a loss of belief in relgion.

Thats why Deckard being a replicant is so important IMHO, its not some "warning" but rather the end of the process where by he realises there essential just as "human" as anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

This may have already been posted but the farm house scene from "Inglorious Bastards" has to rank as one of the most moving scenes I've ever witnessed !

THE WALL, the movie featuring Pink Floyd's music has a powerful animated scene where peaceful England is barraged by the Nazi war machine... "Goodbye Blue Sky"...

Along with the powerful images in "Empty Spaces"

I remember seeing The Wall on it's premier run in the Dallas Northpark Theater, one of the biggest indooor screens at the time.....

Awesome !

Almost everything in "Into the Wild" was so empowering. Chris McCandless is a hero to me, a hero thats so unknown to the general public.

Here's just scenes put toghether with a song from the movie (Eddie Vedder wrote some amazing music for that movie.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7WItOr4O8&feature=related

I don't know if anyone has posted this, because I am not about to go through this whole thread.

But this scene in "On The Waterfront" is just a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0waNRaz6wU

This one has been commented on but it is a classic. I read the book too.

From 'Requiem For A Heavyweight'....

The last scene when Mountain Rivera (Anthony Quinn) goes into the wrestling ring for the first time and Mickey Rooney is crying for him.

The film was written by Rod Serling and has a great music score.

B)

The first scene in "Star Wars: A new hope" was the first time cinema really blew me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oma9uPz9YYk

I realize that this reply and scene was posted over 9 months ago, but, I have to admit that this is what I would consider a "Powerful" scene in movie history. My reason, I can actually remember seeing 'Star Wars' in the movie theaters with my parents when I was 6 (going on 7) years old. Back then, for a little kid, this movie was and still is (33 years later), the fucking bad-ass shit. Just as Led Zeppelin's music was then and still is the same bad-ass shit.

• 4 weeks later...

The landing on Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan was for me the most powerful movie going experience I have ever had. As I sat and watched this scene my hands were gripping the seat so tight that my fingers went numb. For 20 minutes as this scene played out, I could hardly swallow and my breathing was short and shallow. I had never before been so drawn into what was happening in a film as I was during this scene.

To this day I find this hard to watch without a lot of emotion welling up inside of me, and I can't help but think how much the nations of Western Europe owe us in thanks --- actually our soldiers -- our blood and treasure, for saving them in that war.

Hoorah!

http://www.youtube.c...k...PL&index=47

This is definitely the most powerful in my book. This really brought home the very real ravages of war. I left the theater with the most terrible headache, and I cried on and off for a week after seeing this movie, thinking of our young men and what they had to endure. To this day, I've never been able to sit through another war movie. The horror and intensity of the opening scene was grueling.

No Country For Old Men is a very intense movie with many powerful scenes, but 2 that really stand out are an early scene where Javier Bardem's character Anton Chigurh strangles a Sheriff's Deputy while wearing handcuffs, the overhead shot showing all the scuff marks on the floor makes you feel like you actually witnessed a murder.

Later on, the gas station scene with Anton Chigurh and the old man who ran the gas station almost explodes from the tension.

This is definitely the most powerful in my book. This really brought home the very real ravages of war. I left the theater with the most terrible headache, and I cried on and off for a week after seeing this movie, thinking of our young men and what they had to endure. To this day, I've never been able to sit through another war movie. The horror and intensity of the opening scene was grueling.

You probably wouldn't want to watch 'A Face Of War' about the Marines in Vietnam.

It's the real thing and even the cameraman is wounded.

Hi all,

Glory is a 1989 American drama war film based on the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry as told from the point of view of its commanding officer, Robert Gould Shaw during the American Civil War. The 54th was one of the first formal units of the U.S. Army to be made up entirely of African-American men (apart from the officers).

My link

My link

KB

You probably wouldn't want to watch 'A Face Of War' about the Marines in Vietnam.

It's the real thing and even the cameraman is wounded.

You are probably right. I'm a wife and mother and to think what brave young men have to sometimes endure is sometimes too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand and I do realize that sometimes extreme sacrifices have to be made. I totally respect and appreciate our military men and women who are currently serving and who have served in the past. They really do have my utmost respect and gratitude. Maybe that's why I got so emotional, because it really brought home the extreme sacrifice and that these brave men go out and do what has to be done knowing what their fate may be. I guess what I'm saying is that watching war movies is too intense for my liking. Not my idea of entertainment. My husband says that they started using the "PG13" rating for me. :)

You are probably right. I'm a wife and mother and to think what brave young men have to sometimes endure is sometimes too much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand and I do realize that sometimes extreme sacrifices have to be made. I totally respect and appreciate our military men and women who are currently serving and who have served in the past. They really do have my utmost respect and gratitude. Maybe that's why I got so emotional, because it really brought home the extreme sacrifice and that these brave men go out and do what has to be done knowing what their fate may be. I guess what I'm saying is that watching war movies is too intense for my liking. Not my idea of entertainment. My husband says that they started using the "PG13" rating for me. :)

I just watched 'Battleground' (1948) about the men who fought 'The Battle Of The Bulge'

The Nazi's could never defeat men like that.

The scene in 'The Great Santini' with Robert Duvall as a Marine fighter pilot when he's fighting with his wife in the kitchen and the 4 kids come in and gang up on him to get him to stop.

The movie had many powerful scenes.

:mellow:

Archived