Michael Jackson Depreciation thread

Mr. Da-Lo

This is not a place for hate, just a place to write your thoughts about balconies, plastic surgery, Elvis and the like.

Share your favorite memories of Jacko.

Anyone remember that time Mike went shopping with ABC's Martin Bashir and bought a bunch of crap? Martin was like..what the blazes?

martin_bashir_-_michael_jackson.jpg

I doubt you'll find many to play along. Not because it's a sin but because even the haters started to heed the Golden Rule after a rough start in a few of the other threads. With all there is to worry about in the world getting negative about a pop star seems like a waste of energy. Even the remembraces haven't started to cool down a bit. He died, some cared, others didn't but it's time to move on.

I doubt you'll find many to play along. Not because it's a sin but because even the haters started to heed the Golden Rule after a rough start in a few of the other threads. With all there is to worry about in the world getting negative about a pop star seems like a waste of energy. Even the remembraces haven't started to cool down a bit. He died, some cared, others didn't but it's time to move on.

Well said. Let's move to some more interesting thread than this. <_<

This topic will die a slow death. If a typical Led Zeppelin fan approves of the boorish behavior of the members of Zeppelin during their heyday, what makes you think they would disapprove of any of the questionable behavior of Michael. I'm old enough to have experienced the birth of his career in the 60's with the Jackson 5. Musically an incredible talent, but Michael really blew it with all the nonsense that swirled around him. It didn't have to be that way.

One thing is for sure. Those wanting to tear him down are the minority, every forum I belong to has reacted similarly to threads like this. Even those who weren't fans ever have chosen the high road. If MJ did anything in life or death he's proven that people aren't nearly as intolerant and hateful as it often seems. His death has had a unifying effect. IMO that is very impressive.

His death has had a unifying effect. IMO that is very impressive.

That's what I was thinking when I was out Friday (or Sat.? Can't remember :P) night- sitting on a patio in downtown Toronto at an R&B club that was pretty busy, but when the band started playing an MJ medley, a whole crowd of people just came outta nowhere! And just stood around together in the street, grooving. It was neat! :)

One thing is for sure. Those wanting to tear him down are the minority, every forum I belong to has reacted similarly to threads like this. Even those who weren't fans ever have chosen the high road. If MJ did anything in life or death he's proven that people aren't nearly as intolerant and hateful as it often seems. His death has had a unifying effect. IMO that is very impressive.

Agreed--and why not look for the good he did? He never hurt any of us.

Strong in this thread, the hypocrisy is.

yoda.jpg

Just a little ironic that every negative post in the original MJ thread was met with cries of "Create your own thread for that kind of BS!"

Now that the thread's created, the same thing's happening in reverse.

Those who oppose the OP are jumping in and complaining.

And frankly, if you actually read the OP, it's not that offensive...

it's a call for pretty much exactly the type of discussion that everyone claimed wasn't appropriate for the "appreciation thread"

This is not a place for hate, just a place to write your thoughts about balconies, plastic surgery, Elvis and the like.

Share your favorite memories of Jacko.

Anyone remember that time Mike went shopping with ABC's Martin Bashir and bought a bunch of crap? Martin was like..what the blazes?

martin_bashir_-_michael_jackson.jpg

Archived