The right to bear arms

DRUNK08

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords and IEDs?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

I agree we all have a right to bear arms.

Otherwise it would be virtually impossible to play music!

BTW, I have been around guns, mostly .22 and .303 calibre rifles, Bren machine guns and mortars since I was about 14 years old at high school.

We had the Cadet Corps similar to ROTC and we also had a rifle range at the rear of the sports fields so I found respect for them at an early age.

We hunted feral pigs (wild big tusked razorbacks) that were destroying crops of the farmers out back using .22's, 33/30's and 12 gauge shotties.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people I hear you say?

Yes, but it's usually people with guns and knives who kill people.

How many kids have accidentally killed themselves or others because the parents have left them laying around or they just found them by chance?

And hunting accidents?

Too many.

As for "sporting" guns there's nothing brave about shooting defenceless animals and any idiot especially when fitted with telescopic sights, can use one.

I worked with a couple of blokes who were always on about deer hunting being this great sport and how much fun it was stalking the prey and then the firing "kill" shot.

My response was that it wasn't much of a sport considering the deer couldn't shoot back!

Some even think it makes them tough or cool.

They are considered a fashion accessory! :blink:

Yeah right, more like stupid.

Weapons were invented for two reasons, to kill and make money and not necessarily in that order.

Criminals will always have access to weapons because there will be some scumbag selling them somewhere.

I keep hearing the same old lame logic, for personal defence and hunting.

Paranoia is alive and well and living in the USA with Smith & Wesson, Remington and Colt et al, laughing all the way to the bank.

I expect all the rednecks and homies to fire up and shoot the messenger as is their won't.

We have gun control laws and they are working fine here.

If you can prove you have a genuine need you can get a licence.

Hey, I'm not saying things are perfect, but I would rather people have guns than have the government try to take them away.

In case you haven't noticed, the US government is quickly producing a 1984 reality.

Hey, I'm not saying things are perfect, but I would rather people have guns than have the government try to take them away.

In case you haven't noticed, the US government is quickly producing a 1984 reality.

I'm a legal weapon owner (it's not a gun, it's a rifle or a weapon/piece), one 7.62/39 semi automatic that stay's loaded with ten rounds of steel core and soft tip ammunition all the time. It is only a short range cartridge but it has a bayonet and I know how to use it but. I don't really want to unless I feel a life or death need and I wish and hope that one day we will never call for anything like that need.

No, I hadn't noticed.

Big Brother eh?

In a perfect world there'd be no need for guns, but, we don't live in one.

Maybe if the controls were focused on who was allowed to obtain licences and buy them would be a better option?

Too many nutters have access to guns that "normal" people are compelled to get them also.

From the various assassinations in the US from Lincoln to John Lennon and school shootings to going "postal", it's way too easy for them to fall into the wrong hands.

Unscrupulous gun sellers aren't helping either.

Where do the "gang bangers" (in my day that was a term for group sex), get the Uzi's etc from, for all the drive bys.

Like they say, "those that live by the sword, die by the sword."

No, I hadn't noticed.

Big Brother eh?

In a perfect world there'd be no need for guns, but, we don't live in one.

Maybe if the controls were focused on who was allowed to obtain licences and buy them would be a better option?

Too many nutters have access to guns that "normal" people are compelled to get them also.

From the various assassinations in the US from Lincoln to John Lennon and school shootings to going "postal", it's way too easy for them to fall into the wrong hands.

Unscrupulous gun sellers aren't helping either.

Where do the "gang bangers" (in my day that was a term for group sex), get the Uzi's etc from, for all the drive bys.

Like they say, "those that live by the sword, die by the sword."

My Remi is registered and permitted my friend. The only place I've ever fired it was in a controlled environment.

And to borrow from your phrase, "those who crawl through my window, get their ass shot by my window."

Sorry mate, lived in a bad part of town. ;)

Way I see it, if the fucker's coming through my window with an uzi, well I'm probably toast, but if he comes in with a knife, he's goin out in sandwich baggies.

My Remi is registered and permitted my friend. The only place I've ever fired it was in a controlled environment.

And to borrow from your phrase, "those who crawl through my window, get their ass shot by my window."

Sorry mate, lived in a bad part of town. ;)

Way I see it, if the fucker's coming through my window with an uzi, well I'm probably toast, but if he comes in with a knife, he's goin out in sandwich baggies.

That just illustrates my point.

People feel the need for protection.

Big Brother has nothing to do with the crime rate, rather, there was no crime in 1984

only punishment for those attempting it.

I lived in a bad part of town too.

Friends of mine were involved in an armed robbery where a victim was shot (not critically), and another bloke I knew was murdered over drugs and other things.

But, when the guns went the shootings stopped.

The only solution is the government should look at destroying the black market and cutting supply to the traders.

Unfortunately the worst of capitalism will rear it's ugly head again and corruption is rife everywhere from the street to the government, so it's not gonna be easy.

But it'd be a good start.

WARNING !

..... to all free citizens of the world. Learn from the UK example -

DO NOT allow yourself to be turned into subjects !

DO NOT allow yourselves to be made prisoners inside your own homes.

(A while back, honest hardworking UK citizens were forced to hand over their guns - the criminal classes, as you might expect, decided they would keep theirs.)

And BTW, I have never owned a firearm - but support all responsible citizens who would defend their rights to do so. :wave:

WARNING !

..... to all free citizens of the world. Learn from the UK example -

DO NOT allow yourself to be turned into subjects !

DO NOT allow yourselves to be made prisoners inside your own homes.

(A while back, honest hardworking UK citizens were forced to hand over their guns - the criminal classes, as you might expect, decided they would keep theirs.)

And BTW, I have never owned a firearm - but support all responsible citizens who would defend their rights to do so. :wave:

ZeppyWanderer!! Long time no see!! How've you been? :wave:

The ultimate american delusion is that personal gun ownership will protect you from misuse of goverment power.

People stand up for gun right because they don't want to lose them. If the misuse of power you are talking about is the government trying to take away the right to bear arms, then yes, standing up for personal gun ownership will prevent that, and is certainly not a delusion.

number 8 doesnt make any sence becasue if you are a little baby like 1 or 2 i dont think they would know there rights and im pretty sure they have rights unless you dont count a baby as being a human and if that is what you believe than there is a bigger problem there

also number 16 doesnt make any sence because people who hunt shoot to kill and they arent even being attacked unless they are being attacked then it does make sence but number 16 doesnt specify anything and i dont want to assume

People stand up for gun right because they don't want to lose them. If the misuse of power you are talking about is the government trying to take away the right to bear arms, then yes, standing up for personal gun ownership will prevent that, and is certainly not a delusion.

Civilians with guns are no match for the organized and high-tech military. If they want your guns they will take them but fortunately more people in Congress and the House respect the Constitution than some believe.

Civilians with guns are no match for the organized and high-tech military. If they want your guns they will take them but fortunately more people in Congress and the House respect the Constitution than some believe.

Yeah right. An American insurgency would be impossible to control.

Archived