Favorite quotes/proverbs

Zepulon

I wanna share this with all the weird people like me:

"What we share with music is a celebration of the infinite possibilites the universe has to offer. I love all who share in this celebration with us. I recommend that you use the experience to inspire you to be yourself, and to let it all hang out. What the fuck do you think is so cool about Flea and Anthony in the first place? Or Jimi Hendrix or David Bowie? Or Little Richard? They waved their freak flag high! We should all follow their lead! Have respect for those who do this(whether they're famous or not)and you will develop the courage to do this yourself. Everyone of you is a star. Its just hiding inside of some of you. That part of you will come out if you treat others as you would like to be treated, and when you can't find it in yourself to do so, if you just leave others alone."

- John Frusciante

Several favorites from Antoine de St. Exupery:

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes." :toast:

"Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is exhausting for children to have to provide explanations over and over again." :friends:

and my favorite :wub: :

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction."

And one that always makes me laugh:

"If you stare at a carton of orange juice because it says "Concentrate", :blink: you might be a redneck" Jeff Foxworthy :D

A few of my favorites -

"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Live life in the direction it takes you." - Unknown

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

A few of my favorites -

"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Live life in the direction it takes you." - Unknown

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Very good ones

'Who says that I am not under the special protection of God?'

'A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage.'

(Why the Hippies favored the gutless turd is beyond me) :blink:

'Well, he (Chamberlain) seemed such a nice gentleman, I thought I would give him my autograph as a souvenir'

All Hitler quotes

'Think of the press as a giant keyboard on which the government can play'

(ain't that the truth these days?)

'If the day should ever come when we (the Nazis) must go, if someday we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction' :lol:

Josef Goebbels

:elvis2:

You gotta know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

Know when to run

You never count your money

When you're sitting at the table

There'll be time enough for counting

When the dealin's done.

Cornball Kenny Rogers lyrics, but take those words out of context and see how they fit into your everyday life problems. Sounds dumb, I know, but just give it a shot.

Edited by --Heartbreaker--