Robert Plant

lzzoso

The one in that video, ...jeez I guess They didn't have a name really. blink.gif

It is nice to know that we can turn to wiki in times of need. He did have some personnel on hand to assist with a few minor musical details. googleit.gif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Nirvana

His basic band in those days consisted of

Chris Blackwell - Guitar, Drums

Doug Boyle - Guitar

Phil Johnstone - Guitar, Keyboards

Charlie Jones - Bass

thumbsup.gif That's the one. cheer.gif

He played even longer at the show in SLC. Pretty sure he was wearing the Page tee, which I thought was hysterical. He didn't look odd at all. I miss that band he had.

Bill Graham's Winterland Productions sold that t-shirt to coincide with The Led Zeppelin Box Set released on September 7th 1990. The Salt Lake City gig was 9/16 so it's quite possible it was worn every night of that

leg of the tour (Sep-Nov) but I haven't confirmed that yet. He did wear it for several of the Nov '90 gigs.

Bill Graham's Winterland Productions sold that t-shirt to coincide with The Led Zeppelin Box Set released on September 7th 1990. The Salt Lake City gig was 9/16 so it's quite possible it was worn every night of that

leg of the tour (Sep-Nov) but I haven't confirmed that yet. He did wear it for several of the Nov '90 gigs.

If I remember correctly, he wore a Page t-shirt on the 88 tour too?

If I remember correctly, he wore a Page t-shirt on the 88 tour too?

Correct. Robert got that Jimmy Page t-shirt when he attended Jimmy's 10/29/88 Centrum gig in Worcester, MA. Robert played the same venue the next night and his tour ran into December. Same thing applies - it

was worn on multiple nights but I can't say with certainty (yet) if it was worn at every show after 10/29.

Correct. Robert got that Jimmy Page t-shirt when he attended Jimmy's 10/29/88 Centrum gig in Worcester, MA. Robert played the same venue the next night and his tour ran into December. Same thing applies - it

was worn on multiple nights but I can't say with certainty (yet) if it was worn at every show after 10/29.

That's exactly what I've heard. :)

Here is a photo from that night.

post-9388-12522601837_thumb.jpg

Drummer Chris Blackwell is wearing a cast - he broke his wrist earlier in the month (horsing around backstage before the show at Lloyd Noble Arena in Norman, OK on Oct 7th 1988).

I thought he fell in the shower right before the show???

I saw Robert playing the guitar on Anniversary in 1990 but I've got a number of boots where he's playing it.

Could it be this one?

:nuke:

Good God I almost had one watching that. Don't know why it's such a big turn on for me,'cause his voice alone is enough to scorch you. And the smile. With that sleeveless t/playing guitar, it did show off those arms.

He should play the guitar more often-it's not about how many notes you play, it's how you play them, and he knows how! Like my fave guitarist Sonny: sure, he can play fast licks, but it's the different sounds he gets out of the guitar, and the emotion, that I love, even on sustained notes/chords. I'm clueless about the technique (I tried slogging through an article about Sonny in a guitar magazine and understood a little, but it's mostly beyond me.): there are players and fans here who can talk more in technical terms. I just say that Sonny talks to me with his guitar, and that his playing reminds me of the dragon slaying metaphor-if I didn't know better I'd feel sorry for the guitar! But now that I've heard Robert play, I want MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE...Goddamn it Robert, when are you going to get Alison out of your system and go solo again? Hook up with Sonny, or else go it alone-sing/play/sing/play/sing/play. How's that for demanding? Next thing you know, I'll expect him to provide entertainment during intermission (juggling lemons or something-I've seen a photo of that:)

Oh, by the way, I didn't understand what he said when he announced the song. What song was it? I wish I'd been a Plant fan years ago, because you guys are way ahead of me, and have seen him live. I've missed so much!

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT!!! (Once again, in a thanks-for-torturing-me kind of way. Sigh.)

Perhaps I should change my name from ZeppyNetters to Ravenous for Robert...

I think Robert predominantly grabs my senses, John Hiatt resonates with my emotions, and Peter Gabriel intrigues my mind & soul, or whatever you'd call curiosity about the mysterious (he's in a realm that I haven't touched yet myself-I think of him as almost a prophet-but I would love to know how to get there). Those 3 guys touch on all of those elements (senses, emotions, mind, soul), but they each affect me in different ways. Thank God for music-I'd be a complete wreck without it! It's like a lifeline.

Afterthought: because Hiatt is the one I'd have to choose if I could have only one of them, I'm guessing it means that the most dominant part of me is the emotional part. I suppose there's something Jungian behind it all. Hell if I can remember what. The phrase "memory like a sieve" applies.

Nothing new about Robert playing guitar.

He has played guitar many times during his solo career although there isn't much video around.

2000 Priory Of Brion in Wolverhampton - Season Of The Witch, good luck finding it on YouTube.

I reckon he would've picked up a thing or two from Jimmy over the years.

You can't tell me that even with Zeppelin he wouldn't've at least strummed a guitar while creating those lyrics and melodies you mentioned.

Why shouldn't he play, with Jimmy or not?

IMO, Robert not playing acoustic guitar on say GTC live was an opportunity lost.

Duh-maybe I don't know this because I'm not a texter, but what does IMO mean?

I've seen it before, but didn't know what it meant. As long as I'm asking, what is GTC (George Takei Central?:)). Thanks.

Duh-maybe I don't know this because I'm not a texter, but what does IMO mean?

I've seen it before, but didn't know what it meant. As long as I'm asking, what is GTC (George Takei Central?smile.gif). Thanks.

I don't text much either but type a fair bit on the keyboard so abbreviations come in handy now and then.

They are Acronyms and SKA (sometimes known as) Mnemonics, used for highlighting or remembering key words.

They have been around longer than texting has.

An example is the KISS principle:

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid.

IMO = In My Opinion.

GTC = Going To California.

You've been watching way too much Star Trek! rolleyes.gif

FYI, this may help you.

http://www.acronymslist.com/

I don't text much either but type a fair bit on the keyboard so abbreviations come in handy now and then.

They are Acronyms and SKA (sometimes known as) Mnemonics, used for highlighting or remembering key words.

They have been around longer than texting has.

An example is the KISS principle:

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid.

IMO = In My Opinion.

GTC = Going To California.

You've been watching way too much Star Trek! rolleyes.gif

FYI, this may help you.

http://www.acronymslist.com/

HA! Actually I don't watch much of the original Trek (was a big fan of The Next Generation-I just saw Nemesis for the first time, and I didn't know THEY KILLED DATA! Nooooooooooooo!), but for some reason when I saw GT, that's the first thing that popped into my head. Maybe because I listen to Stephanie Miller & he's been an occasional guest. Also Steph's Emmy Award Winning Voice Deity, Jim "Louise" Ward, impersonates George.

Thanks for the link to the list of acronyms. I sometimes abbreviate things-the other night when I was on here, I abbreviated The Last Temptation of Christ as LToC (after I'd previously typed it in full). Sometimes I just don't figure out other peoples'. I've also seen EMO a lot-maybe it's on that list-I'll check because I don't know that one either.

Perhaps I should change my name from ZeppyNetters to Ravenous for Robert...

I think Robert predominantly grabs my senses, John Hiatt resonates with my emotions, and Peter Gabriel intrigues my mind & soul, or whatever you'd call curiosity about the mysterious (he's in a realm that I haven't touched yet myself-I think of him as almost a prophet-but I would love to know how to get there). Those 3 guys touch on all of those elements (senses, emotions, mind, soul), but they each affect me in different ways. Thank God for music-I'd be a complete wreck without it! It's like a lifeline.

Afterthought: because Hiatt is the one I'd have to choose if I could have only one of them, I'm guessing it means that the most dominant part of me is the emotional part. I suppose there's something Jungian behind it all. Hell if I can remember what. The phrase "memory like a sieve" applies.

Unfortunately I don't know any better and I would probably choose Robert Plant against my better judgement if those circumstances applied.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived