No autobiography.

glicine

FANS of Led Zeppelin look away now:Jimmy Page, 65, will never write an autobiography.

The guitarist, who with Robert Plant formed the Seventies rock group, says most books on the band have been “a load of old rubbish”.

At pal Gary Kemp’s book launch he said: “I’ve had so many offers over the years but I’m not interested. I wouldn’t know how to go about it.”

Is that the same Gary Kemp from Spandau Ballet? If so, wow - who woulda thunk they were friends??

As much as I would LOVE for Jimmy to write a book, IMO I think there would be too much expectation for it to be the 'greatest story ever told'. As usual there would be the backlash that he forgot this or forgot that or whatever.

Now that it's established he's not writing a book, maybe there's more time for him to GET OUT AND PLAY.

Is that the same Gary Kemp from Spandau Ballet? If so, wow - who woulda thunk they were friends??

As much as I would LOVE for Jimmy to write a book, IMO I think there would be too much expectation for it to be the 'greatest story ever told'. As usual there would be the backlash that he forgot this or forgot that or whatever.

Now that it's established he's not writing a book, maybe there's more time for him to GET OUT AND PLAY.

Yes, that is THE Gary Kemp.

It's not a surprise anyway, that Jimmy denies the autobiography idea. He is too much a private person. And I think it's good so.

FANS of Led Zeppelin look away now:Jimmy Page, 65, will never write an autobiography.

“I’ve had so many offers over the years but I’m not interested. I wouldn’t know how to go about it.”

...I will agree with Jimmy. IMO The Legendary Musician's life cannot be closed within few chapters and collect dust some day. Page by nature is a explorer and likewise, that tradition should continue those who wish to seek..granted, not always positive writing but there have been some good writers too, and most I come across, do sincerely Love and Respect Page...... :)

I am not so much surprised (or not shocked) because it had been expected before. However I'm expecting somebody of his family members will write about 'real Jimmy Page as a human being' without exaggeration

in the future.

Most people are interested in his recollections of being a musician in Led Zeppelin and I should think no family members can impart significant insight into that. Do we really need another 'Elvis, My Fourth Cousin' book on

the shelf?

'Peter Grant - The Man Who Led Zeppelin' is and remains the closest we'll get to a Jimmy Page autobiography.

My most treasured possession is the book, John Henry Bonham, by his brother Mick, I find this book just beautiful, he was my favourite Led Zeppelin member, the story of his life, was amazing he fitted so many things into his short life.

Most people are interested in his recollections of being a musician in Led Zeppelin and I should think no family members can impart significant insight into that. Do we really need another 'Elvis, My Fourth Cousin' book on

the shelf?

'Peter Grant - The Man Who Led Zeppelin' is and remains the closest we'll get to a Jimmy Page autobiography.

People have each idea or wish,I think.

For Led Zeppelin's music,various records,cds,dvds and books already exsit.

IMO,music itself tells all. However I cannot suppress the desire to know the real image of the person who made the music that had caught me deeply.

It's my own simple wish.

I never say most fans should have the same idea. ;)

I am not concerned by that statement. I think it is still possible. It would be nice to have his recollections all in one place. It has been mentioned Scarlet might write it for him? He has talked about writing one in the past. Perhaps after he finishs what he is working on now, he does it. I'm just saying, that may not be the end.

Myself, being the great and fanatical Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin fan that I consider myself to be, I DO NOT think that Mr. Page would (will) ever write his autobiography. Why? Because he does not have too. I really wish that he would but it will never happen in our lifetime (or his).

Jimmy Page is one of the most private persons in all of Rock and Roll (and in all of the Entertainment industry). Why would he feel the need to write a book about himself. Certainly he DOES NOT need the money. Most of us already know this.

"If" Jimmy did ever write his autobiography, and it was too be a true "autobiography", that means that he would have to write or reveal things about himself and his true self and persona. By that I mean all the good and bad stuff that is already Jimmy Page and/or Led Zeppelin "lore". (Whether fact or fiction).

I am talking about his early years, session work, the Yardbirds, forming Led Zeppelin, LZ's entourage, and YES (not the group), the groupies, the drugs, Aleister Crowley, the Occult, Bonzo's death and whatever else has been written about him. An autobiography of this magnitude could run over a 1000 pages. Why would Jimmy succumb to such a laborious and self-revealing task. The simple answer is that he will not.

Lastly, if Jimmy Page the Man and the Legend does ever publish his memoirs or autobiograpy, I will be one of the first people in the Great country of the United States of America (Texas) to buy his copy.

If anyone out there who read my post and for whatever reason disagrees with what I have written, I welcome all criticisms, opinions, beliefs, facts, thoughts, beliefs, etc.. Please feel free to agree or disagree.

If anyone out there who read my post and for whatever reason disagrees with what I have written, I welcome all criticisms, opinions, beliefs, facts, thoughts, beliefs, etc.. Please feel free to agree or disagree.

John Paul Jones once said "...life's too short to go looking for pictures of yourself". Jimmy has the same mindset.

Jimmy Page is one of the most private persons in all of Rock and Roll (and in all of the Entertainment industry). Why would he feel the need to write a book about himself. Certainly he DOES NOT need the money. Most of us already know this.

We sometimes can see him say own life(though not very often of course).

An obvious fact about Jimmy Page is that the most wonderful time in his life was the each moment that his children were born. (I certainly remember Robert also said the same thing in the past,but I don't remember when and where)

Jimmy really said that way in Q magazine from 2006.

I wonder if they are all devil's children.....just kidding. :P

Anyway I am so joyful for the continuance of their DNA.

The trouble with an autobiography, or any biography, is that it has to be personal and has to include childhood and relationships and crises and uncomfortable events.

People should start asking him for his memoirs instead, which is a different thing. Talking through the music, telling anecdotes at random and just getting a load of good stuff down on paper, without the grief of having to analyse break-ups and drug problems and groupies etc, or even to be particularly accurate about anything. He doesn't seem to have a problem with talking about music and his influences etc, as shown in that new film, and there must be loads of fascinating events which he remembers clearly.

But maybe he's dismissing that as well.

Jimmy, I think Alice75 would love to hear about you bringing ice cream to that girl at the Granada Cinema in Epsom - but when you asked her out she refused. Must have been 1958, if not earlier.

What hurt your feelings? :blink:

Though I only wrote the truth that Jimmy really had said....

The guitarist, who with Robert Plant formed the Seventies rock group, says most books on the band have been “a load of old rubbish”.

At pal Gary Kemp’s book launch he said: “I’ve had so many offers over the years but I’m not interested. I wouldn’t know how to go about it.”

:boohoo: Never say never. Wasn't it in the last year or so he had said he WAS thinking about it. :wacko:

Ok Jimmy, here's what ya do...pick up one of your recording devices and just start talking. Easy!

:boohoo: Never say never. Wasn't it in the last year or so he had said he WAS thinking about it. :wacko:

Ok Jimmy, here's what ya do...pick up one of your recording devices and just start talking. Easy!

Better yet, borrow Peter Frampton's talk box and do it, that way you can kill the "autobiography" and "new music" birds with one stone!

Archived