rock band (Game)

metalhead16

so john paul johns allowed one them crooked vultures song on rock band . this begs the question. if he likes the idea . he as much authority as jimmy does . so i guess we shall have to see. i personally would love to play some zepp in guitar hero .

so john paul johns allowed one them crooked vultures song on rock band . this begs the question. if he likes the idea . he as much authority as jimmy does . so i guess we shall have to see. i personally would love to play some zepp in guitar hero .

interesting i would also love a zep guitar hero or rock band game

Rock band is much more accurate in their song scripting process, and are infinitely more true to the music than Guitar Hero is. Look at what they did with The Beatles: Rock Band... not only did they portray one of the greatest bands in the history of music to a new generation in a way that kept the music genuine, they were humble about it! There is a reason it is called THE BEATLES: Rock Band. The Beatles is and always will be bigger than Rock Band, just as Led Zeppelin is bigger than anything music oriented period.

I am ashamed to have been born a part of the generation that killed music, but I believe that it is mostly just conditioning that kids today keep falling in line with the popular culture. They listen to it at first because of peer pressure, then they enjoy it because it is all they have known. The old ways of entertainment have started to shrivel up. FM radio has been replaced by MP3 players, just as FM replaced AM. Finally through all of the crap that was called the turn of the millennium rock and roll has been rediscovered by this latest generation through video games. These video games are the next medium of entertainment. If Zeppelin were to have their own game it would not only provide a wealth of musical insight to the new generation, it would also inspire others to create REAL music.

I am 16 years old and am a die hard Zeppelin fan. I wear my hair long. I play guitar. I listen to real music. I don't conform. I am called an outcast. I AM PROUD.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why it should never be.

Q: What is the switch on electric guitar in the top left corner like you see on Slash's guitar for?

In: Guitar, Guitar Hero [Edit categories]

This is a question I game across on the internet the other day.

I cringe at this, not only as a Led Zeppelin Fan, but as a person who plays guitar.

Them Crooked Vultures being in Rock Band has nothing to do with the possibility of Zeppelin being in the game. Jimmy Page owns the catalog, not John Paul Jones. Dave Grohl and Josh Homme have both had numerous songs of theirs in music games so naturally they would be OK with letting their songs be used.

By that logic Page would sooner put out an all bluegrass album just because Plant & Jones were involved in projects like that. That's not going to happen & neither is Zeppelin on a videogame, & if it does most people who are complaining about it will be to old to care if it did happen. To put in perspective I waited over 20 years for HTWWW & the DVD to come out, what chance does a video game have by comparison?

Rock band is much more accurate in their song scripting process, and are infinitely more true to the music than Guitar Hero is. Look at what they did with The Beatles: Rock Band... not only did they portray one of the greatest bands in the history of music to a new generation in a way that kept the music genuine, they were humble about it! There is a reason it is called THE BEATLES: Rock Band. The Beatles is and always will be bigger than Rock Band, just as Led Zeppelin is bigger than anything music oriented period.

I am ashamed to have been born a part of the generation that killed music, but I believe that it is mostly just conditioning that kids today keep falling in line with the popular culture. They listen to it at first because of peer pressure, then they enjoy it because it is all they have known. The old ways of entertainment have started to shrivel up. FM radio has been replaced by MP3 players, just as FM replaced AM. Finally through all of the crap that was called the turn of the millennium rock and roll has been rediscovered by this latest generation through video games. These video games are the next medium of entertainment. If Zeppelin were to have their own game it would not only provide a wealth of musical insight to the new generation, it would also inspire others to create REAL music.

I am 16 years old and am a die hard Zeppelin fan. I wear my hair long. I play guitar. I listen to real music. I don't conform. I am called an outcast. I AM PROUD.

Rock on little brother! I love what your saying and I was just like you when I was 16! I spent the last 26 years touring with some of the best artists the 70's,80's and 90's had to offer! I too am an OUTCAST! I was proud of it then and proud of it now! Who cares what anyone else thinks keep it real and keep it loud!

• 1 month later...

This is a topic that keeps moving forward. We were discussing this @ Yahoo! Answers and a lot of people think that they shouldn't do it. They don't want to see them "sell out". Of course I understand their point, but if they do decide to agree to do a game of any type, then we have to respect their decision. Which means, buy the game. I would have to get me a "real" guitar and not a flimsy plastic one if I bought the game.....eh?

ledzepgirly-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

lets get it straight, you cannot keep things like guitar hero or rockband as a supressed medium of entertainment, all i hear is "the kids, the kids" whatever, im 28 in 4 bands, i drum and guitar, page is my all time hero but nothing will stop me wanting to play video games and as it happens RB and GH give me the best of both worlds, and it can be hilarious too, my mrs has always wanted to play drums, she has been at RB Beatles since Christmas and now says she has a greater understanding of coordination of drums, this can only be a positive thing! im up for Zeppelin RB, but only if its as good, or better than Beatles RB which might i say, is fucking fantastic!

personally, i would totally LOVE to play a Zeppelin rock band. it would reintroduce my favorite band's music to the masses and give me an opportunity to rock out on some of Bonzo's tracks. if it can work for the Beatles, it would absolutly work for the greatest band EVER.

I think it's pretty ridiculous how some people seem think Zeppelin is 'above' games like rock band. Hell, it would be great fun to have a few beers then play some drums/guitar or sing a zeppelin track on the game. Countless other great bands are in the game.

I personally think it would be a great thing, getting more young people such as myself into Zeppelin, which I am seeing more and more of anyway. Also people say that why don't kids just play the instrument, well the game gives people a taste and I would say make a lot of people want to go further and take up the instrument itself.

Archived