It Might Get Loud' will premiere in the UK next year

glicine

Jack White, The Edge, Jimmy Page film release date set

'It Might Get Loud' will premiere in the UK next year

'It Might Get Loud', the forthcoming documentary featuring Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy Page, has got a release date.

The 97-minute film, which trails how the guitarists developed their trademark styles by using different approaches to playing the electric guitar, will get its official theatrical release on January 8.

Watch the film trailer by clicking below.

Directed by Oscar winner Davis Guggenheim, the documentary shows the trio jamming, swapping stories and sharing their passion for playing the guitar.

The film also shows rare footage of Page's first appearance on TV as a teenager, U2's first gig and White making a guitar with a piece of old wood and some rusty nails.

Each guitarist's music is played throughout the documentary, which features scenes filmed in London, Nashville and Dublin.

source here: NME

Didn't anyone noticed that this being released in the UK the day before Jimmy's birthday and what Ross was talking this week in his diary which is , he said he was taking pictures 'for something new in January,' may very well be linked? This was pointed out to me by Jimmy's A Legend who lives in the UK. Could it be that Jimmy wants it to conincide with something else, after all, he was one of the assoicate producers of the movie.

I would have thought it would have been realeased earlier too, I mean they are British arn't they? Still...can't wait to see it!!

Well, Jimmy is British but The Edge is Irish and Jack White is from the States, and Davis Guggenheim is American too...

Didn't anyone noticed that this being released in the UK the day before Jimmy's birthday and what Ross was talking this week in his diary which is , he said he was taking pictures 'for something new in January,' may very well be linked? This was pointed out to me by Jimmy's A Legend who lives in the UK. Could it be that Jimmy wants it to conincide with something else, after all, he was one of the assoicate producers of the movie.

...the IMGL premier is on Presley's 75th Birthday...Jimmy is 66 the next day...the photos taken with the jukebox look like outtakes from a photo shoot for a magazine feature...

Thanks. About bloody time, Wouldn't believe Jimmy was British would you :angry:

Led Zeppelin o2 arena Dec 2007, The only full gig in the world in 27 years staged where..here in England !! I think he knows he is British.

Looking forward to the film in Jan though :)

Fair chance of Jimmy showing up, I'd say--

From the Hammersmith Apollo

Buy tickets to the UK Celebrity Premiere of

It Might Get Loud

starring The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White!

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 The HMV Hammersmith Apollo and Blue Dolphin Films are hosting the UK Premiere of this brand new feature film from the Oscar winning director of An Inconvenient Truth - Davis Guggenheim.

Join a host of special celebrity guests and be among the first to see this unique film which celebrates the talents, inspirations and journeys of three generations of guitar legends. It Might Get Loud goes on general release on 8 January 2010 at selected cinemas.

Premiere tickets are available to purchase at just £10.00 each including booking fee and delivery - these tickets are limited so book now to guarantee your place at the premiere of the music film of the year!

ON SALE FRIDAY 27TH NOVEMBER AT 9AM

Ticketmaster link

Fair chance of Jimmy showing up, I'd say--

From the Hammersmith Apollo

Buy tickets to the UK Celebrity Premiere of

It Might Get Loud

starring The Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White!

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 The HMV Hammersmith Apollo and Blue Dolphin Films are hosting the UK Premiere of this brand new feature film from the Oscar winning director of An Inconvenient Truth - Davis Guggenheim.

Join a host of special celebrity guests and be among the first to see this unique film which celebrates the talents, inspirations and journeys of three generations of guitar legends. It Might Get Loud goes on general release on 8 January 2010 at selected cinemas.

Premiere tickets are available to purchase at just £10.00 each including booking fee and delivery - these tickets are limited so book now to guarantee your place at the premiere of the music film of the year!

ON SALE FRIDAY 27TH NOVEMBER AT 9AM

Ticketmaster link

Thanks Aquamarine, Just bought my tickets. Near the front-ish as well. I cannot wait :hysterical:

I'll be there; managed to get a ticket in the Circle, Block 9, Row A dead centre, should get a beautiful view from up there, really lookin forward to it. Not quite sure if the Hammy Apollo will cut it as a makeshift cinema, but what better occasion... A film is the only way you gonna get me to sit down at the Hammy Apollo!!!

Cheers,

Indi.

Archived