symbols?

BC Rayne

I don't know what they mean, except the one of John Paul Jones, I guess, and I hope I translate it correctly, "Infinity life".

And I think the 3 circles of Bonzo are Man Woman and child...

Zoso is a secret I guess and the feather, really don't know...

Hey, don't laugh. Your post is not far off.

Bonham's symbol is the same symbol as the Ballantine ale...

ballantine_ale

some said that is where he got it from and not from all the "mystical" places because of his fondness for drink. I think that this is just a coincidence and that he did get it from the references noted in the link earlier in this thread but who knows!

peace!

Pop I

Los simbolos significan lo siguiente:

Jimmy Page: Algunas personas han dicho que quiere decir un perro de tres cabezas que cuida las puertas del infierno.

Robert Plant: La pluma ha significado durante los años la representacion de las tribus, en este caso la tribu Mu que se establecieron entre mexico y japon.

John Bonham: Es el simbolo de la trinidad, cada circulo tiene su propio centro.

John Paul Jones: Lo usaban para exorcisar espiritus.

• 2 weeks later...
.....Bonham's symbol is the same symbol as the Ballantine ale...

I think this is not far off. Bonzo was more one for drinking than for magick, magic or whatever ..... and "his" sign perfectly fitted in the symbol stuff. Personally I don't believe that he was much interested in magical work and he was much more far away from being a magician. Page and Plant both have strong connections to the World Between Worlds, and I dare to say that especially Page at least made a few steps on the dark path. It may has also affected him for a while.

Anybody who is working with sygills, symbols and magic in general knows that it is out of question if magic really works. It's always the question how it will work. All old symbols carry ancient and often unknown loads of energy. A careful and conscious use with respect and the intention not to harm any living thing is necessary to prevent the user from paying the bill. Maybe in Bonzo's case the magical sign has worked in a way which couldn't have been foreseen from anyone ... who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If this helps... Jimmy hated the press, especially in the early days. His idea was to release an album with no mention of the group name on the cover. Just four symbols. He has stated he wanted the music to be judged and not the band. Fine... but anybody listening to Zep IV, Zoso, Runes, Untitled or Symbols would instantly recognize the voice of Robert Plant, the drums of John Bonham and the guitar of Page. The bass might not be instantly recognizable because most people don't notice the bass... unless it's missing... and aren't aware enough of JPJ and his style to determine it was actually him. But the other guys are instantly recognizable.

JPJ's symbol is meant to represent artistic talent, as it's extremely difficult to draw free hand. It's fitting as he played every instrument known to man and woman. Plant's is sort of a symbol of the hippie culture that initially turned him onto music. Bonham's is said to represent Man - Woman - Child. At the time he was married to Pat and they only had Jason.

Jimmy's can be found in an old book of magick. In the book it's actually upside down from the way Jimmy has his. So... technically, Jimmy's is upside down. And of course Sandy Denny also had a symbol... something noted in my current sig but something that seems to always be overlooked. She is the only person to actually sing on a Led Zeppelin album as a lead singer besides Plant.

Hope that helps...

Anybody ever noticed that if you turn Bonzo's symbol upside down that the inter-linking center part looks like Jonesy's symbol? (Next time you have on a Zep shirt, look down at it & you'll see it.) I think it's kinda ironic considering how much chemistry they had & how much they worked together & depended on each other.

Anybody ever noticed that if you turn Bonzo's symbol upside down that the inter-linking center part looks like Jonesy's symbol? (Next time you have on a Zep shirt, look down at it & you'll see it.) I think it's kinda ironic considering how much chemistry they had & how much they worked together & depended on each other.

JPJ and Bonzo took theirs directly from Rudolph Koch's book of symbols.

Robert says his also relates to the Mu civilization.

I'm not sure. Never really searched into them very far. Of course, we all know that Page will take the secret of Zoso to his grave. However, there is a drawing like zoso (almost exact) in one of Aleister Crowley's books of the occult.

I'm not sure. Never really searched into them very far. Of course, we all know that Page will take the secret of Zoso to his grave. However, there is a drawing like zoso (almost exact) in one of Aleister Crowley's books of the occult.

That's probably where he got it. But there's a thread thats about Zoso, i forgot where it was that has a link on it that elaborates more on Zoso.

Archived