The crowd sings"you'll never walk alone" When was this?

saltypete

I have some zeppelin I don`t have a title for that is live and labelled as the number 10 song of the concert,the crowd is singing along...You`ll never walk alone.....anyone recall where this is from? You`ll never walk alone is the title of the track. thanks p

I have some zeppelin I don`t have a title for that is live and labelled as the number 10 song of the concert,the crowd is singing along...You`ll never walk alone.....anyone recall where this is from? You`ll never walk alone is the title of the track. thanks p

Knebworth Festival, August 4, 1979

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/august-4-1979

The crowd got this going themselves, as our own Pilot of the Storm will attest. wink.gif

Thanks for that clip of the Kop, Ally--brings a lump to the throat every time!

It alway's gets me as well H. For those who haven't experienced it, there's nothing quite like it smile.gif

Might have been the whiskey ...could have been The Kop

My introduction to this was via Pink Floyd's Meddle LP circa 1970, at the end of a blissful Gilmore tune. In fact it sounds a lot like the above video clip. Good thing that isn't big stateside. I couldn't sing that without choking up.

My introduction to this was via Pink Floyd's Meddle LP circa 1970, at the end of a blissful Gilmore tune. In fact it sounds a lot like the above video clip. Good thing that isn't big stateside. I couldn't sing that without choking up.

I'm suprised that it hasn't been adopted over here. Maybe it will when Portland and Vancouver join the MLS next season

I'm suprised that it hasn't been adopted over here. Maybe it will when Portland and Vancouver join the MLS next season

Hi Ally,

"You'll never walk again" if it is mate, :lol: nobody out sung the Cop. ever, I've seen my team West Ham make a valiant attempt but 30,000 Scousers are a hell of a lot to contend with, the one thing that amazes me is the amount of Scousers in the Cop with their hands raised, what with Liverpool being the pick pocketing capital of England that is. :lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

They changed over from baseball to soccer at the stadium last year, and I live close enough to hear the difference in spirit. This is an enthusiastic but tuneless crowd. I bet they can put a handle on we will we will rock you.  ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

And me, and no doubt ledded1 - an incredibly moving moment in time I will remember forever.

Indeed--I just singled out Pilot as he'd posted at one point about the song and his feelings about singing it for the band. I'm sure you felt the same way. B)

They changed over from baseball to soccer at the stadium last year, and I live close enough to hear the difference in spirit. This is an enthusiastic but tuneless crowd. I bet they can put a handle on we will we will rock you. wink.gif

I alway's remember the crowds in Portland and Seattle to be very enthusiastic. When the old NASL was happening we used to travel down to both cities to watch the Vancouver Whitecaps vs.... the Timbers and Sounders. Their fans would do the same .Great time had by all ck.gif and some long lasting friends made on both sides of the border. I'm looking forward to a few upcoming sessions in 2011 when we're all back in the mix. You can bet, I won't be walking alone laugh.gif

Archived