Robert Plant Meet and Greet - Hypothetical

With the new Plant tour announced and the question of a meet and greet possibility I pondered to myself:

What would I ask Robert/talk to Robert about if I only had sixty seconds.

What would other die-hard Zeppelin fans ask.

So.....I thought I'd start a new thread.

With the new Plant tour announced and the question of a meet and greet possibility I pondered to myself:

What would I ask Robert/talk to Robert about if I only had sixty seconds.

What would other die-hard Zeppelin fans ask.

So.....I thought I'd start a new thread.

Hi bigzepfan...so what would you ask him?

I think I would ask him what sort of inspirations he used for any of the new songs coming out.

I definately would NOT ask him about LZ. We may be die hard fans but I think he likes to look forward in his career, not backwards.

I think it would be very awkward to ask anything in that kind of setting. There would be people crawling all over the poor guy. It would be different if it was an off chance meeting in a pub as you could just ask him "whatchya havin' mate " or a book signing where the reasons for being there would be obvious. Not knowing the man personally, I don't think I'd really want to attend a meet and greet unless I was specificly asked to be there !

First, I would tell him that I've been a huge fan of his for years.( Yeah, he's never heard that) Then compliment him on his quick wit. Then ask if I could pose in a photo with him. I'll come up with more with my remaining 23 seconds...

If invited.. I would introduce myself to him, thank him for the body of work musically that helped to create some of my most valuable memories in my life. Then I would ask him what does he enjoy doing that is outside of the music world.

If invited.. I would introduce myself to him, thank him for the body of work musically that helped to create some of my most valuable memories in my life. Then I would ask him what does he enjoy doing that is outside of the music world.

Sorry, Deborah, for a second I was lost in translation while reading your post...and I understood you'd thank him for his body :blink::wacko::hysterical::slapface:

If I ever meet him....

Me:

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Mr. Plant:

:run:

Sorry, Deborah, for a second I was lost in translation while reading your post...and I understood you'd thank him for his body :blink::wacko::hysterical::slapface:

If I ever meet him....

Me:

Mr. Plant:

brspled, that was great. I am sure I would have a really difficult time staying focused on just his eyes :-)

Sorry, Deborah, for a second I was lost in translation while reading your post...and I understood you'd thank him for his body

If I ever meet him....

Me:

Mr. Plant:

Now that would probably get a smile lol

and I bet fainting would be interesting

I've noticed during events like these people are herded in so fast it's hard to get much chatting in or even dare to talk shop...

Me...friendly hellos and mention a friend and hopefully get a photo or something signed then I'd probably have my daughter sing a line of her favorite Plant song :D

I think it's funny that when the moment comes it's hard to really find the right things to say or do haha

Just got back home to check in. Thanks for all of the great responses.

I would want to ask him about Zep but would be to afraid to as I know he doesn't like that.

the last thing i would want to do is piss him off in the first five seconds of my one minute.

sooo....

i would tell him that i'm a lifelong fan and that i've enjoyed most of his music.

then i would joke with him that some of it is too far out for me.

Tell him that I was front row to the reunion concert and that it was by far the greatest

musical experience of my life and thank him for doing it...

and I would definitely tell him to keep on rocking.

then i would silently crap my pants and leave a happy man.

Just got back home to check in. Thanks for all of the great responses.

I would want to ask him about Zep but would be to afraid to as I know he doesn't like that.

the last thing i would want to do is piss him off in the first five seconds of my one minute.

sooo....

i would tell him that i'm a lifelong fan and that i've enjoyed most of his music.

then i would joke with him that some of it is too far out for me.

Tell him that I was front row to the reunion concert and that it was by far the greatest

musical experience of my life and thank him for doing it...

and I would definitely tell him to keep on rocking.

then i would silently crap my pants and leave a happy man.

Maybe you'd better do that AFTER you leave? :unsure:

:D

:hysterical: OMG....you all just made my day. What an amusing lot of responses.

That got me too...the visual is too much lol

I do think it is kind of sad that so many feel that to ask "certain" questions or praise his musical past is out of line or disrespectful when most of those questions hold a strong heartfelt meaning to why many of us are Robert Plant fans...I really don't believe in my heart he wouldn't get our reasons or sincerity but even the rock gods have to be "in the mood" I guess ;)

and I bet he can smell and spot a "fan type" a mile away lol

I understand that to grow as an artist one needs to try different projects but I would sure

like LED ZEP to play together on a hard rockn tune again. For me that is when they really

rocked. I would ask Robert Plant to give it a try and see if he can work some more magic.

I am a songwriter and was inspired by Led Zep to write a tune and as soon as I am done with it I

would like to get peoples opinion on it. I would thank Robert for his great contribution to rock n roll.

^^^Welcome to the forum ghostwriter.

That got me too...the visual is too much lol

I do think it is kind of sad that so many feel that to ask "certain" questions or praise his musical past is out of line or disrespectful when most of those questions hold a strong heartfelt meaning to why many of us are Robert Plant fans...I really don't believe in my heart he wouldn't get our reasons or sincerity but even the rock gods have to be "in the mood" I guess ;)

and I bet he can smell and spot a "fan type" a mile away lol

It would be a fine line as to how much you praise the past without him feeling the same old retoric. LZ gave Robert the stepping stone to move forward in his solo career, but his focus now would be the current project.

i would just thank him for making peoples lives better through his music.

even if he has an ego the size of Russia, he has to appreciate that. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll remember that!

I would thank him for his eternal love to music, enthusiasm and a great will to go forward (especially at that age...But I'm not sure it would be a good idea to tell: 'Mr. Plant, you are 61, but you continue making us happy.' :rolleyes:)

I'd just have a few drinks,play some blues,shoot the shit,etc. Might even show him some of the stuff I wrote in the '70 but never had time or money to get into the studio with. Probably be a good laugh.

Boy, thats alot of stuff to cram in 60 seconds. :blink:

Archived