Vienna '73

tom kid

My god. I just got the Winston version of this show, listening to Dazed at the moment. It's phenomenal. This tour is awesome, but I only have this and Essen. Need to start digging deeper. What would you guys say is the next best show to get?

• 4 months later...

The Hamburg show I have is only the soundboard fragments too. Dazed is amazing, especially Jimmy and Bonzo. Never heard Bonzo that good...EVER! Amazing versions of You're So Square and Let's Have A Party (which never seems to end). ALso on this tour are as others mentioned and are some other faves from this tour: Southampton, Vienna and Offenburg. I have Essen as well but I think it's not quite as good as the others, but still a good show.

They're really considered 2 different tours: UK from Nov 72-Jan 73, then "Europe" in March 73 (basically Sweden, Denmark, Germany, and France).

From the UK tour, I like the 1/15/73 show at Trentham Gardens in Stoke. Great soundboard tape and a really good show. 1/14 Liverpool is also a good soundboard tape.

They're really considered 2 different tours: UK from Nov 72-Jan 73, then "Europe" in March 73 (basically Sweden, Denmark, Germany, and France).

From the UK tour, I like the 1/15/73 show at Trentham Gardens in Stoke. Great soundboard tape and a really good show. 1/14 Liverpool is also a good soundboard tape.

I agree that they're two different tours as far as locales and performance wise. The band is much more on in Western Europe vs the UK. Stoke is definitely a good one from the UK tour. I'd say my fave from the tour. I do like Southampton a lot too, but it's not as good of a performance as Stoke.

I agree that they're two different tours as far as locales and performance wise. The band is much more on in Western Europe vs the UK. Stoke is definitely a good one from the UK tour. I'd say my fave from the tour. I do like Southampton a lot too, but it's not as good of a performance as Stoke.

Stoke was the first boot I ever got, in 1991. There was a local record store that sold boot cd's, but they were too expensive for me, having just graduated from high school. So they offered to record the boot onto a cassette for me, for $10 I think. Listened to that tape a lot!

Stoke was the first boot I ever got, in 1991. There was a local record store that sold boot cd's, but they were too expensive for me, having just graduated from high school. So they offered to record the boot onto a cassette for me, for $10 I think. Listened to that tape a lot!

The cds were quite expensive back in the day. I had a store that sold both too. The tapes were about $8-$10, while the cds were really expensive around $25 each. I did get quite a few cds. Spent a lot of money on them, because I wanted them badly. But if I didn't like the sound quality, they'd let me return them. They knew me so it wasn't a problem. I could have just taped the cds, but I wanted most on cd. I don't regret it at all. Then came the pc age and now I just download these for free. I didn't know of any swap meets or trade shows so I had to buy these.

it's a fantsastic show and a great tour. i think it only a shame that no quarter wasn't included in the set as the solo could have been great with the way jimmy was playing

Unfortunately, they didn't include NQ into the set unti a month later in the U.S. portion of the '73 tour, where it stayed through '79.

To me Offenburg is the best of Europe '73, being complete and a good aud. Unfortunately, Hamburg is a soundboard but incomplete and is why it isn't tops on my list. But Dazed and You're So Square(the best ever of this) are great from Hamburg.

To me Offenburg is the best of Europe '73, being complete and a good aud. Unfortunately, Hamburg is a soundboard but incomplete and is why it isn't tops on my list. But Dazed and You're So Square(the best ever of this) are great from Hamburg.

The last 4 minutes of Dazed from Hamburg are breathtaking. The stops and starts are just crazy.

The last 4 minutes of Dazed from Hamburg are breathtaking. The stops and starts are just crazy.

Never heard them do anything like that on Dazed. What was with Bonham that night? Just amazing the stuff he does along with Page in unison, during Dazed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just listened to Hamburg for 2nd time ever. The 2nd half is just insane. Page is non stop on his game soloing while Bonzo is just going off on the drums and all the dynamic aspects. Just crazy good Zeppelin. This reminds me why they are the best ever, no question.

Just listened to Hamburg for 2nd time ever. The 2nd half is just insane. Page is non stop on his game soloing while Bonzo is just going off on the drums and all the dynamic aspects. Just crazy good Zeppelin. This reminds me why they are the best ever, no question.

Yeah, it doesn't get more fierce than that. They were just savage on that tour, and that show especially.

Which version of Offenburg is the best? I have "A Little Bit Warm" and the sound quality is lacking. I like "Danke Vienna" a lot better. If there's a better version of Offenburg, let me know.

Right now I'm listening to D&C from "Live In Moon Chin". It sounds great on my computer speakers!

But so far, my favorite from this tour is Danke Vienna. D&C blows me away everytime - even with the changes in SQ.

Which version of Offenburg is the best? I have "A Little Bit Warm" and the sound quality is lacking. I like "Danke Vienna" a lot better. If there's a better version of Offenburg, let me know.

Right now I'm listening to D&C from "Live In Moon Chin". It sounds great on my computer speakers!

But so far, my favorite from this tour is Danke Vienna. D&C blows me away everytime - even with the changes in SQ.

Essen is pretty damn good as well mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Essen is a great show as well. The gigs on this part of the European tour are pretty unbelievable. The shows just prior to this in the UK were mixed with some really good ones and some not so. Although, at the end of the European tour the band is a bit off. Especially at the Paris shows.

Archived