Top 15 Zeppelin Songs

Here's the list based on your votes. I'm going to make a playlist starting with #15 and ending with #1, and listen to them in order. :D

What do you guys think? Is Kashmir really #1? Is Stairway really just #10?

1. Kashmir (30)

2. Achilles Last Stand (29)

3. When the Levee Breaks (28)

4. Since I've Been Lovin' you (21)

4. Ten Years Gone (21)

6. The Rover (15)

7. No Quarter (14)

7. That's the Way (14)

9. The Rain Song (12)

10. Stairway to Heaven (10)

10. In My Time of Dying (10)

12. Bring it on Home (9)

12. Can't Quit You Baby (9)

14. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (8)

14. I'm Gonna Crawl (8)

I love it.

Finally, No Quarter in top 10.

And The Rover is kind of surprise (since it was a grower for me - now I love it so much, but at the beginning ... meh)

What can I say? Most of the posters who made this list were not "entry level" zepheads, and it shows clearly.

Nice list of fan Favorites of Led Zeppelin songs. I replied to your question/and or census of my top 5 Led Zeppelin songs. Once again (if I HAD To choose my top 5 songs favorite Led Zeppelin songs): In order:

1. In the Light

2. Since I've Been Loving You

3. No Quarter

4. Achilles Last Stand

5. The Rover

I realize that this is just a "hypothetical" evaulation of the top 5 or 15 Led Zeppelin songs that those who chose to responded to your survey have listed (from what I see, so far only 26 have replied).

I must say that I TRULY LOVE EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT LED ZEPPELIN EVER CREATED. That is no exaggeration or Bullshit. So to choose only 5 was (and is) very hard and takes some very hard introspective thinking.

I am somewhat proud to think that those others out there have also picked 4 of my 5 songs in the top 10 list. The exception being "In the Light". In my opinion, "In the Light" is the Greatest and most Under-Rated Led Zeppelin song of All-time. Actually, I think that "In the Light" may possibly be the Greatest Rock and Roll song ever produced and recorded. I realize that IS a BOLD statement but I really Believe that.

If you disagree, I say, take another listen to this Powerful song and tell Me what You think. I believe that some of You may actually agree to what I say and how I feel about this song.

"In the Light You Will Find the Road"...

I think you should have waited longer or had more replies before you made your list.

Maybe you should repost it in the poll section or ramble on section.

Just a thought. ;)

Nice list of fan Favorites of Led Zeppelin songs. I replied to your question/and or census of my top 5 Led Zeppelin songs. Once again (if I HAD To choose my top 5 songs favorite Led Zeppelin songs): In order:

1. In the Light

2. Since I've Been Loving You

3. No Quarter

4. Achilles Last Stand

5. The Rover

I realize that this is just a "hypothetical" evaulation of the top 5 or 15 Led Zeppelin songs that those who chose to responded to your survey have listed (from what I see, so far only 26 have replied).

I must say that I TRULY LOVE EVERY SINGLE SONG THAT LED ZEPPELIN EVER CREATED. That is no exaggeration or Bullshit. So to choose only 5 was (and is) very hard and takes some very hard introspective thinking.

I am somewhat proud to think that those others out there have also picked 4 of my 5 songs in the top 10 list. The exception being "In the Light". In my opinion, "In the Light" is the Greatest and most Under-Rated Led Zeppelin song of All-time. Actually, I think that "In the Light" may possibly be the Greatest Rock and Roll song ever produced and recorded. I realize that IS a BOLD statement but I really Believe that.

If you disagree, I say, take another listen to this Powerful song and tell Me what You think. I believe that some of You may actually agree to what I say and how I feel about this song.

"In the Light You Will Find the Road"...

i agree with you, in the light is a GREAT song. and like you, i truly love all of them too. ;):D

"cept maybe the crunge. just can't get into that one. :(:unsure:

:P I can't get into In The Light (of course, I don't skip it, but the vocal part (not necesary the voice!!) is a drag (and I LOVE Robert!!)).

In fact I like much more the alternate version found on YouTube. The vocal part and instrumentals are somehow more fitting.

(of couse, all this are strictly IMO)

I think you should have waited longer or had more replies before you made your list.

Maybe you should repost it in the poll section or ramble on section.

Just a thought. ;)

If I remember, I'll make another one in a few months. I'll probably wait for more replies like you suggest. I don't see the point of posting it in the other forums though, unless there are some people who never look at this one.

Also, I might make it top10 instead of top 5, as far as listing your nominations goes. I think that will give us a more accurate list. I only did 5 this time out of laziness (I thought it would take a long time to calculate) but it didn't take nearly as long as I expected.

Here's the list based on your votes. I'm going to make a playlist starting with #15 and ending with #1, and listen to them in order. biggrin.gif

1. Kashmir (30)

4. Ten Years Gone (21)

6. The Rover (15)

7. No Quarter (14)

7. That's the Way (14)

9. The Rain Song (12)

12. Bring it on Home (9)

14. I'm Gonna Crawl (8)

This list is just more evidence that every led zeppelin song is truly great, and that they dont belong in any order. So many great songs, played in so many different styles. Lists are just personal preferences.

But to contradict myself for a second......

Stairway #10??!!??!! wtf.gif haha

I guess its cuz i didnt get to witness zeppelin in the 70s like most of you guys. So to you Stairway is just another song. But to me its like, Holy/Sacred. Im 18 and have only been listening to zeppelin for not even a year now, but they have changed my life dramatically. I listen to nothing else now. I love, and can find the beauty in every single song of theirs. Jimmy Page is the only reason I ever picked up a guitar, and thanks to him I finally found my calling in life. Before Led Zeppelin placed its full impact on my life I was just like a lost child who had no idea what to do with his life, and now everything is just so clear. Enough rambling though.

Figured I would share....

1. Stairway to Heaven

2. Achilles Last Stand

3. Dazed and Confused

4. Ten Years Gone

5. The Ocean

6. In My Time of Dying

7. The Rover

8. Black Dog

9. Over the Hills and Far Away

10. Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

But to contradict myself for a second......

Stairway #10??!!??!! wtf.gif haha

I guess its cuz i didnt get to witness zeppelin in the 70s like most of you guys. So to you Stairway is just another song. But to me its like, Holy/Sacred. Im 18 and have only been listening to zeppelin for not even a year now, but they have changed my life dramatically.

I'm 27, so I didn't witness them in the 70s either. Personally, I can't stand Stairway To Heaven. I don't begrudge people that DO like the song, because everything is personal preference but I don't listen to it anymore and haven't in I can't remember when.

Here's the list based on your votes. I'm going to make a playlist starting with #15 and ending with #1, and listen to them in order. :D

1. Kashmir (30)

4. Ten Years Gone (21)

6. The Rover (15)

7. No Quarter (14)

7. That's the Way (14)

9. The Rain Song (12)

12. Bring it on Home (9)

14. I'm Gonna Crawl (8)

Rankings aside, I can't find any real fault with that list. From the looks of it, PG and III get the most love. Would make an interesting compilation...hell, I'd buy it!

I guess its cuz i didnt get to witness zeppelin in the 70s like most of you guys. So to you Stairway is just another song. But to me its like, Holy/Sacred. Im 18 and have only been listening to zeppelin for not even a year now, but they have changed my life dramatically. I listen to nothing else now. I love, and can find the beauty in every single song of theirs. Jimmy Page is the only reason I ever picked up a guitar, and thanks to him I finally found my calling in life. Before Led Zeppelin placed its full impact on my life I was just like a lost child who had no idea what to do with his life, and now everything is just so clear. Enough rambling though.

That sounds a lot like my story several years ago. Since then my musical tastes have expanded significantly (I listen to everything from death metal to opera as long as it's good), but I still consider Zeppelin the best band I've ever heard, as well as my favorite. Nothing beats putting on a Zeppelin album and lighting up a blunt.

Also, I wouldn't consider the guitar my calling, but it sure is fun. :D How long have you been playing?

That sounds a lot like my story several years ago. Since then my musical tastes have expanded significantly (I listen to everything from death metal to opera as long as it's good), but I still consider Zeppelin the best band I've ever heard, as well as my favorite. Nothing beats putting on a Zeppelin album and lighting up a blunt.

Also, I wouldn't consider the guitar my calling, but it sure is fun. biggrin.gif How long have you been playing?

Ahhhh!!!! this is exactly why I came on here, to find people like you. That is my everyday, zeppelin and mariuana entered my life simultaneously and there has been no turning back.

Ive been playing for around 5 months now, but my dad was/is a musician and it just comes so naturally to me, and i absolutely love playin it. Especially just jammin with others

Ahhhh!!!! this is exactly why I came on here, to find people like you. That is my everyday, zeppelin and mariuana entered my life simultaneously and there has been no turning back.

Ive been playing for around 5 months now, but my dad was/is a musician and it just comes so naturally to me, and i absolutely love playin it. Especially just jammin with others

That's great! I've been playing somewhat seriously for over a year now, but you're probably already better than me. ;)

The fondest memory I have of any song is from a clear spring night when I was 18. I was laying in a hammock smoking a joint (it was a local purple strain) with my iPod on shuffle. Kashmir came on and it wasn't the first time I heard the song, but it was the first time I really listened to it. It was such a sublime eight minutes, staring at the stars and being absorbed by the epic music. Every time I hear Kashmir I'm taken back to that beautiful night and life just feels right.

I wish they had done it live more often.

I commend them for finally attempting it in early 1975 but they didn't do the song any justice, IMO. Perhaps, had they tried it earlier like in 1971-72 as someone suggested, it would have gone over better.

That's great! I've been playing somewhat seriously for over a year now, but you're probably already better than me. wink.gif

The fondest memory I have of any song is from a clear spring night when I was 18. I was laying in a hammock smoking a joint (it was a local purple strain) with my iPod on shuffle. Kashmir came on and it wasn't the first time I heard the song, but it was the first time I really listened to it. It was such a sublime eight minutes, staring at the stars and being absorbed by the epic music. Every time I hear Kashmir I'm taken back to that beautiful night and life just feels right.

That sounds perfect. My fondest memory to any song is to Ten Years Gone. It was my gateway to Zeppelin. Me and my buddy were all kinds of messed up and we air guitared on top of every piece of furniture in his basement to that song, I had already been a fan for a little while at this point, but it was extremely sentimental just like yours. I wouldnt consider myself the same person since that day. Thats when i officially became a Zephead

Hi , I am new here. I wanted to share my opinion on the top 15 songs.

My list is not really in order because it is impossible to pick the best one......

1. Tangerine

2. The Rain Song

3. Ramble On

4. Thank You

5. Since I've been Lovin You

6. In my Time of Dying

7. Ten Years Gone

8. Going to California

9. Misty Mountain Hop

10. Stairway to Heaven

11. In the Evening

12. Battle of Evermore