Plant ready for Led talks

royalrumpus

I just read all of this. I look at it this way...I would give anything to see them, (with Jason) as I was unable to obtain 02 tickets.

I have never seen any band live that can compare to them. I was fortunate to see them twice in their glory. I have since went along another journey with Jimmy, Robert and JPJs solo work. These men are individually above most, if not all in musical talent. I am so glad they are still here with us. I can't explain it, but as I think of seeing JBLZE, I feel it will be yet another journey and this one will be an emotional one. I hope Jimmy gets back on a stage soon...very soon!!! I am glad Robert and JPJ are happy with what they are doing. My point is enjoy this magnificent music they gave us and there is nothing wrong with dreaming...if it ever happens I am sure I would see most of you there. :D If it doesn't, just enjoy the journey!!

I just read all of this. I look at it this way...I would give anything to see them, (with Jason) as I was unable to obtain 02 tickets.

I have never seen any band live that can compare to them. I was fortunate to see them twice in their glory. I have since went along another journey with Jimmy, Robert and JPJs solo work. These men are individually above most, if not all in musical talent. I am so glad they are still here with us. I can't explain it, but as I think of seeing JBLZE, I feel it will be yet another journey and this one will be an emotional one. I hope Jimmy gets back on a stage soon...very soon!!! I am glad Robert and JPJ are happy with what they are doing. My point is enjoy this magnificent music they gave us and there is nothing wrong with dreaming...if it ever happens I am sure I would see most of you there. :D If it doesn't, just enjoy the journey!!

See this is how one should respond. But instead, I get a bunch of vicious attacks basically saying how dare you second guess Robert for not wanting to re unite for a tour. I would think that Led Zeppelin fans would be beating down the walls for a possible tour. Of course this website does not represent but a very small number of their fan base which is enormous. Many of which probably are unaware of this site and are not internet junkies.

See this is how one should respond. But instead, I get a bunch of vicious attacks basically saying how dare you second guess Robert for not wanting to re unite for a tour. I would think that Led Zeppelin fans would be beating down the walls for a possible tour. Of course this website does not represent but a very small number of their fan base which is enormous. Many of which probably are unaware of this site and are not internet junkies.

No one is viciously attacking anyone, that's in your head.

One minute you're commending her for her restraint, for loving the guys and what they're doing, and her attitude of "if they do it great, if they don't, that's OK", then you go on to say fans should be beating down the walls demanding a tour. Which is it? It's exactly statements like that that she (and I) are talking about when saying that people need to let it go and whatever happens, happens.

Wishing they'd get back together is one thing and no one has attacked anyone for feeling that way. It's the trashing Robert and what he's doing because he's chosen a different career path that is unnecessary. And what about JPJ - he's doing his own thing but no one is complaining about that.

Wishing they'd get back together is one thing and no one has attacked anyone for feeling that way. It's the trashing Robert and what he's doing because he's chosen a different career path that is unnecessary. And what about JPJ - he's doing his own thing but no one is complaining about that.

If Robert said its a go, and called Jimmy, Id bet the ranch that JPJ would come on board no questions asked. But, I will concede, right now it does not look very promising. Due to that blasted bloke! :D Just kidding. Really.

Fans can only speculate what John Bonham would think about a reunion, we KNOW what Robert thinks.

I wonder why when he's asked about it, he doesn't tell the press to,

"Go ask Jimmy?" :huh:

Obviously the media would know the answer.

Perhaps when JP releases the elusive new album he'll be hounded with the same level of interrogation.

Perhaps when JP releases the elusive new album he'll be hounded with the same level of interrogation.

Perhaps, to take some of the slack from Robert. Maybe they're taking turns?

I doubt it.

You're first line answer's your own question.

The media know Robert's reluctance, excuse me, refusal. Jimmy would probably give a consistent, "I'm all for it!"

I doubt it.

You're first line answer's your own question.

The media know Robert's reluctance, excuse me, refusal. Jimmy would probably give a consistent, "I'm all for it!"

It was a statement not a question.

Of course he's all for it but hammering Plant isn't the best tactic and Jimmy knows it.

If people left it alone and stopped pressuring him all the time, maybe he wouldn't be so reluctant or stand offish about the whole reunion / tour thing.

This has been going on for 30 years.

Ever since his first solo effort everyone has hounded him, mostly because out of the three of them he put out more albums than JP or JPJ collectively within the first five years of Zep's demise.

At least we know where he stands but not everyone accepts his postion.

Hi from Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain). I think they get together again only if they have a very fresh and good music, something to say really new. Bonzo memory on the other hand is really heavy. I´m sure they are in touch

Deborah will you be so kind to tell us something about the concerts you see, anything you want to share, the sound, the venue, details you know. I´m a drummer from Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain). They never came to Spain and I started to listen to them just when John died.

It was a statement not a question.

Of course he's all for it but hammering Plant isn't the best tactic and Jimmy knows it.

If people left it alone and stopped pressuring him all the time, maybe he wouldn't be so reluctant or stand offish about the whole reunion / tour thing.

This has been going on for 30 years.

Ever since his first solo effort everyone has hounded him, mostly because out of the three of them he put out more albums than JP or JPJ collectively within the first five years of Zep's demise.

After Bonzo's death nobody questioned their decision. It was a group decision. Then after Live Aid, there still wasnt too much hipe for a reformation maybe iin part due to Collin's stinking up the place? But the O2 was different. They publically called it led Zeppelin and a reunion, even though a one off. So it lit the fire. A fire that they knew very well woudl have their loyal fans clammering for more. For me to say, oh, thats fine, that is enough. Let them ride off into the sunset, woudl not show me being much of a fan would it? That is what some of you expect. Like its a sin for some of us to want them to play again. I say the whining about leave Robert alone is bullshit. If you are in the spotlight and you are a superstar, it comes with the territory. So, I am all for them playing again. Big time. But I willl agree, only if they are all into it. And obviously that is not the case. But a change of heart is not entirely impossible. If Jimmy wants it to happen badly enough, perhaps he can make it happen?

Which to me is part of the problem. There's a difference between accepting something and liking it. You don't have to like that Robert has no interest in doing a Led Zeppelin concert again, but you should accept how he feels about it and move on.

After Bonzo's death nobody questioned their decision. It was a group decision. Then after Live Aid, there still wasnt too much hipe for a reformation maybe iin part due to Collin's stinking up the place? But the O2 was different. They publically called it led Zeppelin and a reunion, even though a one off. So it lit the fire. A fire that they knew very well woudl have their loyal fans clammering for more. For me to say, oh, thats fine, that is enough. Let them ride off into the sunset, woudl not show me being much of a fan would it? That is what some of you expect. Like its a sin for some of us to want them to play again. I say the whining about leave Robert alone is bullshit. If you are in the spotlight and you are a superstar, it comes with the territory. So, I am all for them playing again. Big time. But I willl agree, only if they are all into it. And obviously that is not the case. But a change of heart is not entirely impossible. If Jimmy wants it to happen badly enough, perhaps he can make it happen?

Again I will say no one is faulting anyone for wishing to see them together. I do however, find it sad that so many trash Robert's choice as far as HIS career and HIS life. That's the frustration that you seem to keep missing. As far as Live Aid and Collins causing lack of hype - doubt it. There has been wanting of a reunion since shortly after they disbanded. But as with the 02, Live Aid and the 40th Anniversary were ONE-OFF shows with no promise of anything.

Jimmy can want it all he'd like but ain't gonna happen if the rest of them aren't on board.

As Yoda once said, "hear you nothing that I say?"

So by deciding to honor Ahmet Ertegun and do show, that lit a fire that they should've known better than to light? They should have not done that show, because it was going to light a fire in Rick from Buffalo that can't be extinguished, and 3 years later he can't shut up about? Yep, all their fault.

So by deciding to honor Ahmet Ertegun and do show, that lit a fire that they should've known better than to light? They should have not done that show, because it was going to light a fire in Rick from Buffalo that can't be extinguished, and 3 years later he can't shut up about? Yep, all their fault.

Dude! Please change the avatar. Actually Im an hour east of Buffalo

It's so funny. After reading what Robert said I heard on the radio the other day a DJ saying that he heard IT"S A FACT that Robert Plant just said that he's thinking about getting back to Led Zeppelin. LOLLLL. And yet another rumor going nowhere. When Robert said they were "Thinking about talking" I think he was making a joke as if to say - yeah they are thinking about JUST talking (to each other) not specifically to form the group though. Again being asked the same ole questions over and over and over. So he has decided to get more creative with his answers.

It's so funny. After reading what Robert said I heard on the radio the other day a DJ saying that he heard IT"S A FACT that Robert Plant just said that he's thinking about getting back to Led Zeppelin. LOLLLL. And yet another rumor going nowhere. When Robert said they were "Thinking about talking" I think he was making a joke as if to say - yeah they are thinking about JUST talking (to each other) not specifically to form the group though. Again being asked the same ole questions over and over and over. So he has decided to get more creative with his answers.

Just giving the media some of their own medicine. Robert's just playing the game.

To be fair, Rick from Buffalo isn't the only guy who felt that way. Jimmy (Page) from London also said he doubted whether letting the genie out of the bottle for only one show was a good idea. He's said it in numerous interviews.

Archived