Plant ready for Led talks

royalrumpus

Back on topic, Robert will cave. He will be playing that place with Jimmy soon enough.

Yeah, 30 years of pressure has pushed him to the brink, he'll crack any minute! Mind you, he already played with Jimmy for 4 years ('94-'98), traveled around, and played Zep songs. It was a Zep reunion in all but name, John Paul Jones even said as much. That was your chance to see Robert & Jimmy tour and play Zep songs. It's over, man.

Yeah, 30 years of pressure has pushed him to the brink, he'll crack any minute! Mind you, he already played with Jimmy for 4 years ('94-'98), traveled around, and played Zep songs. It was a Zep reunion in all but name, John Paul Jones even said as much. That was your chance to see Robert & Jimmy tour and play Zep songs. It's over, man.

I saw Led zeppelin in 1977, May 30th, my ticket stub is posted. Go check out the footage from that night Sam posted. Its pinned at the top of the Main Forum in Landover MD. That was the show I was at. But I still dream to see them again.

Master Forum, New Zepp Footage. Landover and Japan. I was at that very landover show

I saw Led zeppelin in 1977, May 30th, my ticket stub is posted. Go check out the footage from that night Sam posted. Its pinned at the top of the Main Forum in Landover MD. That was the show I was at. But I still dream to see them again.

I meant that was your last chance. Besides, there is no "them" to see. No Bonzo, no Led Zeppelin. That's why they broke up to begin with, and 30 years later, obviously that hasn't changed. Sure, you can dream about seeing 3/4 of Led Zeppelin touring and playing football stadiums all over. I dream of winning the lottery, but it's not going to happen. Sorry man, it's just not ever going to happen.

Which kind of in itself leaves the door cracked upen just enough so it cant be totally dismissed. I dont know how any true Led Zeppelin fan would be in favor of there not being another concert down the road? Maybe the fear that they wont be nearly as good as they were? Well, without bonzo of course it wont be exactly the same. But it would still be great. It would be Page and Plant and Jones. Far better than another Rolllng Stones concert with Ron Wood.

Define true fan?

Of course we'd all like to see them hit the road but it is not entirely up to Plant.

Is JPJ interested as much as Jimmy and Jason?

They AREN'T as good as they used to be they are mature gentlemen after all, however they are still capable of delivering amazing music.

It would be better than a Rolling Stones concert, period!

When will this insipid speculation end?

I am not 'anti-Plant' - why would I be, when I own all of his recordings, and nearly all of his bootlegs? I'm just anti-bullshit. Say what you mean, mean what you say.

So what exactly do you want, Knebby? An anodyne, happy-clappy, blind devotion site, where the meagre tablets cast down from on high are worshipped unquestioningly? Sounds like you should set up your own 'I Luv Robert' blog. But before you do, consider this: he's NOT the Messiah, he's a Very Haughty Boy.

As for 'Give it up we KNOW you come back time after time to pedal [sic] this shit - we are ALL tired of it': not quite sure what you mean by this, but who are the 'we' here? Do you mean ALL board members - in which case I suspect you'll find you're wrong? Or just the 'cackling hens' BigDan referred to elsewhere some time ago?

You know exactly what I mean, and we all know you've been here before and banned. What kind of impetus leads the banned to keep coming back to sing the same old songs? And the "pedal" was quite deliberate, I'm surprised you didn't get that, since you are so pedantic about what people write here.

Future thread titles

"Why Won't Jason Tour His Led Zeppelin Experience Again??"

or

"Why Won't They Do A Led Zeppelin Experience Tour - Jason Did!!"

:lol:

Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience will generate a few more "if onlys" around the world but it's almost certainly the closest we're ever going to get to a Led Zeppelin tour.

If it's not Robert (and I hope it's a long way off before any of them leave us), he will be bagged posthumously for not being available to reform the band. :angry:

Probably true, with all the garbage that is hurled on this forum regarding the matter.

I meant that was your last chance. Besides, there is no "them" to see. No Bonzo, no Led Zeppelin. That's why they broke up to begin with, and 30 years later, obviously that hasn't changed. Sure, you can dream about seeing 3/4 of Led Zeppelin touring and playing football stadiums all over. I dream of winning the lottery, but it's not going to happen. Sorry man, it's just not ever going to happen.

It could happen in a blink. If Robert were to change his mind it would happen. Now why is that not possible? I am not getting it? I dont see how you can all say its impossible? Improbable is a better term. But its not impossible. Its something that could happen if he decided to do it. Ill be the first one in line for a ticket

It could happen in a blink. If Robert were to change his mind it would happen. Now why is that not possible? I am not getting it? I dont see how you can all say its impossible? Improbable is a better term. But its not impossible. Its something that could happen if he decided to do it. Ill be the first one in line for a ticket

Sure, it could. It likely won't, but it could.

Thing is, no one ever leaves it at that. People don't just say "it won't happen, but if it did, that'd be cool", and go about their business. They talk about them reuniting constantly, rehash it ad nauseum, analyze every little thing Robert says, and wait on pins and needles for Robert to change his mind and get miffed when he doesn't. Just let it go. If it ever happens, awesome. But don't expect it, and you have nothing to be disappointed about.

I have nothing against people harboring a sliver of hope. I have a problem with people who just can't let it go, and make it the main thing they talk about on this site.

Bump

such wannabe confusion.

Mr. Plant has clearly stated that he wants to go forward with his record collection and with the help of Buddy Miller's guitar and record collection.

The record collection collaboration with Jimmy Page is over, done. This all can be viewed on YouTube, the Led Zeppelin website and heard on YouTube, the Led Zeppelin website and other bootleg sites.

However, it would be quite amusing to hear how a business meeting goes on between the members of Led Zeppelin. Now that could be a fun thread.

What a charge I get reading threads like these.Many great posts.

Most intriguing to me, in this obvious remote reformation: What/where would the direction of new material take us?

I lust at the thought.

Archived