Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
NobodysFaultButJimmys

Best Jimmy Page Impersonator EVER! - Jimmy Sakurai

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

MR. JIMMY Led Zeppelin Revival Show in Japan December 21st 2018 at EX Theater Roppongi Tokyo. Reviving the Last US tour of Led Zeppelin 1977 [Listen To This Eddie]. ---Filmed and edited by KIKUCHI Film Works

The best LZ tribute footage I've ever seen!

2 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Best impersonator bar none.

EVERYTHING is the same.

Best at his job in the world.

Sorry but I disagree.  It's like watching a bad drag queen. IMHO all he does is ape Led Zeppelin. He may resemble Jimmy but it's in appearance only. There is no feeling in his guitar playing that comes anywhere near to what Jimmy actually sounds like.  Somebody posted an audio cut of him jamming and tried to pass it off as an unheard jam by Zeppelin. As soon as I heard it I knew it wasn't Jimmy or Zeppelin in general, turns out it was this guy. Couple others got it too.  

If you want to listen to Guitarists who know Jimmy check out Blue Congo playing Dazed and Confused on his ACOUSTIC GUITAR! He plays it mostly from his slant but at the end, he adds a couple licks that you can hear Jimmy Play live and he plays them correctly and if you are as intimately familiar with Zeppelin's live repertoire as I am you will also feel it. He gets Jimmy.  Then head over to porgie's vids where he and his mates recreate Zeppelin's studio work. They are as close to Zeppelin as you can get without being them and I can feel it in my bones when I watch their vids. These guys are on another level when compared to sakurai.  He's all pride pomp and circumstance with nothing behind the veil.  TMSAISTI.:D

p.s. My opinion is based on 35 years of obsessive listening to Live Zeppelin. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Sorry but I disagree.  It's like watching a bad drag queen. IMHO all he does is ape Led Zeppelin. He may resemble Jimmy but it's in appearance only. There is no feeling in his guitar playing that comes anywhere near to what Jimmy actually sounds like.  Somebody posted an audio cut of him jamming and tried to pass it off as an unheard jam by Zeppelin. As soon as I heard it I knew it wasn't Jimmy or Zeppelin in general, turns out it was this guy. Couple others got it too.  

If you want to listen to Guitarists who know Jimmy check out Blue Congo playing Dazed and Confused on his ACOUSTIC GUITAR! He plays it mostly from his slant but at the end, he adds a couple licks that you can hear Jimmy Play live and he plays them correctly and if you are as intimately familiar with Zeppelin's live repertoire as I am you will also feel it. He gets Jimmy.  Then head over to porgie's vids where he and his mates recreate Zeppelin's studio work. They are as close to Zeppelin as you can get without being them and I can feel it in my bones when I watch their vids. These guys are on another level when compared to sakurai.  He's all pride pomp and circumstance with nothing behind the veil.  TMSAISTI.:D

p.s. My opinion is based on 35 years of obsessive listening to Live Zeppelin. 

I fooled die-hards blind testing them making them think Sakurai IS Page.

Sorry but you're wrong here..

Watch this and tell me he doesn't have everything COMPLETELY downpat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CONhsNGLvnY

The dude literally is Saturn's incarnation of Jimmy and we are borrowing him for a bit IMO.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

1 hour ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

The dude literally is Saturn's incarnation of Jimmy and we are borrowing him for a bit IMO.

read my post again.  

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, hummingbird69 said:

It's like watching a bad drag queen.

:D

The closest you’ll ever see to the real thing...come to the U.K. !

Edited by Paganini

Jimmy Page himself, was impressed when he flew over to see Jimmy Sakurai play in Japan years ago. Jimmy Sakurai pays tribute and concert video on YouTube proves he helps keep the music of Led Zeppelin’s live style and feel alive whether it be with JBLZE, Mr. Jimmy , etc.

R😎🎸👍

6B578A23-D780-4175-AAA9-26D9B6C75C20.jpeg

3256FAB5-A89D-4CC1-AE5E-99777AB1E1AF.jpeg

DAFDA3F5-8031-456C-B6B9-9A38F91A8A5F.jpeg

Edited by reids

On 12/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, SteveAJones said:

MR. JIMMY Led Zeppelin Revival Show in Japan December 21st 2018 at EX Theater Roppongi Tokyo. Reviving the Last US tour of Led Zeppelin 1977 [Listen To This Eddie]. ---Filmed and edited by KIKUCHI Film Works

"Comments are Disabled for the Video"...

1. The guitarist should have done more blow before the show.

2. I thought Jimmy's shades were rose-colored.

3. Nice touch having Tommy Chong sit in on drums. ☺️

On 1/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Absolutely agree with you on this- Sakurai is phenomenally good at not just the technical stuff but also the look and the moves. I would like to see him put the odd bum note in tho-just to be totally authentic 😉