Top 10 Rock Bands of All Time

Led Zep Girl

That video is just some fanmade thing. The Beatles aren't even performing Helter Skelter it's random snippets from other songs, occasionally synched up to look like they're playing it. As much as I love The Beatles, that's a lousy video. But the point is made glaringly clear about they're easy listening demeanor. :lol:

That video is just some fanmade thing. The Beatles aren't even performing Helter Skelter it's random snippets from other songs, occasionally synched up to look like they're playing it. As much as I love The Beatles, that's a lousy video. But the point is made glaringly clear about they're easy listening demeanor. :lol:

It did look like things matched up at times and at others it didn't. Had a feeling it wasn't a legit video.

I quite agree with this Top 10, because the first 3 on the list The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Queen are my favourite bands.It's a bit ludicrous to say The Beatles weren't a rock band: Helter Skelter, Get Back,Twist and shout, Revolution, Polythene Pam,The End,I want you,Come Together and Get Back are rock songs,and these are only examples.

I' ve always hesitated a bit between Led Zep and Queen, but I think Queen should be n°1 because on stage, they were just irresistible, no one came close.

The Cars & Journey ? :huh: They shouldn't even be in the top 100.

Is that supposed to be a joke or what? I did like The Cars, but they can't be put in this. I saw them in concert once and they were horrible, back in 1984. Just played, little talking, no emotion, just played to get paid I suppose.

The Cars were a fun band in the late 70s, but to mention Journey in anything but THE WORST bands, IS a joke ! Neal Schon had his day with Santana before Journey and was a great guitarist, but the band was pure ballady schlock ! Steve Perry can suck one.

Arena Rock at its' best...or worst...depending how you interpret it.

Only a yank would say the Beatles are Rock. The Beatles are not big in the UK like they are in the states mainly because we never fell for the hype. They made some classic tunes and sold billions of records granted but their not Rock. Learn you Genre's pal

You are right.In Britain "Beatles " were a bit of an opposite to the "Stones" and you won´t find them

being considered as a Rock band. This is very diffrent from the US or the continent.

They had some great songs and also heavy numbers but their image was a diffrent one.

The Beatles became as huge as they did because they really did bring something totally new to what people at the time did consider to be rock, at least in the States. Even Ellvis was considered to be rock. The Beatles were at the right place, at the right time, with the right management and they looked and sounded different. It was way more than just the music. HOWEVER, as time progressed and groups like Led Zeppelin, and especially Led Zeppelin came on the scene, I think everyone's musical tastes evolved because they brought to us harder rock, better musicianship and vocals beyond compare. You can take any Zep song today and put it up against songs from groups like Metallica, Pearl Jam, etc. and Zep's music sounds just as amazing and current today as it did back then. Not so in my opinion with any Beatles music. However, I always wonder what John Lennon if he were still alive would be doing today. I'm thinking it could have been pretty great stuff unlike McCartney.

Agree to that.But I wonder if Lennon would publish diffrent songs today.

The only guy who really won´t do the same things like in his beginnings is Peter Gabriel.

Is the post-Zeppelin work so diffrent from their main work ?

Luckily or not I don´t think they developed furtheron and maybe nobody could reach higher horizones.

So this is a problem with a "best of list" too.

I am not into the modern bands but I find it hard to compare them with our heroes..

You are right.In Britain "Beatles " were a bit of an opposite to the "Stones" and you won´t find them

being considered as a Rock band. This is very diffrent from the US or the continent.

They had some great songs and also heavy numbers but their image was a diffrent one.

No, he's not right, and neither are you. You must be talking about a different UK to the one I grew up in when the Beatles first hit, belting out Twist and Shout on shows that previously featured lounge singers.

Is that supposed to be a joke or what? I did like The Cars, but they can't be put in this. I saw them in concert once and they were horrible, back in 1984. Just played, little talking, no emotion, just played to get paid I suppose.

Same thing with Clapton. I saw him live last year. I was surprised. He only said good evening & good night. But Roger Daltrey was a hoot!

It's a bit ludicrous to say The Beatles weren't a rock band: Helter Skelter, Get Back,Twist and shout, Revolution, Polythene Pam,The End,I want you,Come Together and Get Back are rock songs,and these are only examples.

What about "Get Back"? :lol:

The Beatles and Pink Floyd were both rock bands no matter which side of the ocean you're on. What's next? Zeppelin aren't rock?

Indeed! In the 1960's 'Rock' was used as a blanket term to music for a slightly older and sometimes more sophisticated market (i.e. not pre-pubescent girls) than pop, whereas now some people think it refers to only those bands that play a certain style of 'heavy rock'. The Beatles may have started playing to screaming girls but they were certainly a rock band, albeit a very commercial one. Ditto Pink Floyd; none-more Rock!

No, he's not right, and neither are you. You must be talking about a different UK to the one I grew up in when the Beatles first hit, belting out Twist and Shout on shows that previously featured lounge singers.

Aqua, Are you actually saying Twist and Shout is a Rock song?

Aqua, Are you actually saying Twist and Shout is a Rock song?

I believe Helen is saying that The Beatles are in fact, a rock band, contrary to popular opinion. Twist and Shout is more pop-rock than typical "rock", but that doesn't make them any less a rock band. The Beatles were at their core, a rock band, but they also were able to do other styles of music as well.

It beggars belief that whether the Beatles were a rock band or not is actually up for debate. These fools should be condemned to a lifetime of listening to nothing but Fabian, Perry Como and Pat Boone.

It beggars belief that whether the Beatles were a rock band or not is actually up for debate.

Er it does, Because the Beatles we're classed as No1 i.e. beating Zeppelin to the best Rock Band vote. Beatles are Rock, PLEASE..Yeah and the Sex Pistols we're easy listening as well eh :hysterical:

Er it does, Because the Beatles we're classed as No1 i.e. beating Zeppelin to the best Rock Band vote. Beatles are Rock, PLEASE..Yeah and the Sex Pistols we're easy listening as well eh :hysterical:

The Beatles were a rock band. You not believing that doesn't make it any less so.

Archived