ROBERT PLANT SAYS YES TO LED ZEPPELIN REUNION!

Strider

From the Louisville MacGuffin...

Robert Plant Springs Led Zep Shocker!

Reported by George Kaplan

DATELINE-April 1, 2011

Louisville, KY

"Abba, the gauntlet has been thrown down.

For years now, Robert Plant, former lead singer of Led Zeppelin and reigning "Golden God" of the 1970's, has parried away all requests for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour. Requests that only got more demanding and desperate after the success of their one-off reunion gig for the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in London, December 10, 2007.

Today, in a brief telephone interview with this reporter to talk about the upcoming Band of Joy concert here in town, April 8, the singer revealed a thaw in his previous stance regarding any Led Zeppelin reunion.

Here's Robert Plant after I asked him if he could ever see playing with Led Zeppelin again: "I'll tell you what; you tell Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus to get Abba back together and then I'll get the lads back together for a tour. In fact, we could tour together and show these kids Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga what world domination really looks like."

Led Zeppelin and Abba? The mind reels at the thought of the heavy-metal titans and the squeaky-clean Swedes in satin together on a tour. But Mr. Plant thought it perfectly natural. "We always got on well with those guys, and had a grand time recording in their studio(Polar Studios) for the "In Through the Out Door" album. And who knows, if we're in the right mood, we could even pop in on each other's sets. It's a little-known secret, but Jimmy(Jimmy Page, guitarist for Led Zeppelin) actually played the guitar overdubs on "Dancing Queen". It was just before we all met up in Malibu to commence working on the "Presence" record. In fact, some of the lyrics were inspired by Jimmy's old flame, Lori Maddox. The line "feel the beat of the tambourine" was suggested by Jimmy and came from how at our concerts, Lori used to shimmy in time to me tambourine-banging during "Stairway to Heaven". And really, if you think about it, the whole aura of the song brings to mind all those girls with dreams in their eyes dancing the night away at Rodney's English Disco."

The golden-tressed singer, long a beacon of sexual desire for women of all ages, then suggested a sartorial common-link with Abba. "Well, if you go back and look at old photos, Björn and I seemed to share a propensity for male camel-toe."

Mr. Plant also revealed an ulterior motive for wanting to tour with Abba. "After the O2 gig, I was talking football with Liam Gallagher and, as is his wont, he started shooting his mouth off. So what I would like to do is join forces with Abba and challenge the Oasis boys to a match. They can name the pitch. Maybe even get together with Blur. It'll be 70's vs. 90's."

When I suggested that with both Abba and Zeppelin having four members their side might be a little short-handed, the singer revealed his well-known impish sense of humor, suggesting that "we'll put Jimmy's wallet in goal. Nobody gets in Jimmy's wallet" he cackles devilishly.

Asked if he ever thought about playing soccer before becoming a singer, he replies, "I think every English boy dreams at one time or another of scoring the winning goal for his side, whether it be for England in the World Cup, or in my case, winning the FA Cup for the Wolves." The Wolves are Mr. Plant's beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, of which Mr. Plant is currently one of the team's Vice-Presidents.

Our allotted time having come to an end, Robert had to go, but he had a parting shot for Abba before he left.

"Just tell them to get in shape. I don't want to be on the road with a bunch of Swedish Meatballs, ha-ha-ha-ha".

Robert Plant will be appearing with his Band of Joy at the Louisville Palace, Friday April 8, 8pm."

Good one, but I started to believe it less as I read more. Robert usually isn't quite that frank when he talks about other musicians. He uses more innuendo then anything else. He wants you to guess who and what he is talking about. As clever and sharp as always. One of the best at it with a great sense of humor as well.

From the Louisville MacGuffin...

Robert Plant Springs Led Zep Shocker!

Reported by George Kaplan

DATELINE-April 1, 2011

Louisville, KY

"Abba, the gauntlet has been thrown down.

For years now, Robert Plant, former lead singer of Led Zeppelin and reigning "Golden God" of the 1970's, has parried away all requests for a Led Zeppelin reunion tour. Requests that only got more demanding and desperate after the success of their one-off reunion gig for the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in London, December 10, 2007.

Today, in a brief telephone interview with this reporter to talk about the upcoming Band of Joy concert here in town, April 8, the singer revealed a thaw in his previous stance regarding any Led Zeppelin reunion.

Here's Robert Plant after I asked him if he could ever see playing with Led Zeppelin again: "I'll tell you what; you tell Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus to get Abba back together and then I'll get the lads back together for a tour. In fact, we could tour together and show these kids Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga what world domination really looks like."

Led Zeppelin and Abba? The mind reels at the thought of the heavy-metal titans and the squeaky-clean Swedes in satin together on a tour. But Mr. Plant thought it perfectly natural. "We always got on well with those guys, and had a grand time recording in their studio(Polar Studios) for the "In Through the Out Door" album. And who knows, if we're in the right mood, we could even pop in on each other's sets. It's a little-known secret, but Jimmy(Jimmy Page, guitarist for Led Zeppelin) actually played the guitar overdubs on "Dancing Queen". It was just before we all met up in Malibu to commence working on the "Presence" record. In fact, some of the lyrics were inspired by Jimmy's old flame, Lori Maddox. The line "feel the beat of the tambourine" was suggested by Jimmy and came from how at our concerts, Lori used to shimmy in time to me tambourine-banging during "Stairway to Heaven". And really, if you think about it, the whole aura of the song brings to mind all those girls with dreams in their eyes dancing the night away at Rodney's English Disco."

The golden-tressed singer, long a beacon of sexual desire for women of all ages, then suggested a sartorial common-link with Abba. "Well, if you go back and look at old photos, Björn and I seemed to share a propensity for male camel-toe."

Mr. Plant also revealed an ulterior motive for wanting to tour with Abba. "After the O2 gig, I was talking football with Liam Gallagher and, as is his wont, he started shooting his mouth off. So what I would like to do is join forces with Abba and challenge the Oasis boys to a match. They can name the pitch. Maybe even get together with Blur. It'll be 70's vs. 90's."

When I suggested that with both Abba and Zeppelin having four members their side might be a little short-handed, the singer revealed his well-known impish sense of humor, suggesting that "we'll put Jimmy's wallet in goal. Nobody gets in Jimmy's wallet" he cackles devilishly.

Asked if he ever thought about playing soccer before becoming a singer, he replies, "I think every English boy dreams at one time or another of scoring the winning goal for his side, whether it be for England in the World Cup, or in my case, winning the FA Cup for the Wolves." The Wolves are Mr. Plant's beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, of which Mr. Plant is currently one of the team's Vice-Presidents.

Our allotted time having come to an end, Robert had to go, but he had a parting shot for Abba before he left.

"Just tell them to get in shape. I don't want to be on the road with a bunch of Swedish Meatballs, ha-ha-ha-ha".

Robert Plant will be appearing with his Band of Joy at the Louisville Palace, Friday April 8, 8pm."

I was curious about that line so I listened to the song and there is indeed one line of distorted guitar that I can hear.

In order for an April Fool's Day prank to be good, it must be believable. I knew it was fake before clicking the link, but you get bonus points for scaring the shit out of everyone else.

You're right Electrophile, and immediately after I posted the thread I wanted to rewrite it and change the Thread heading to something less obvious.

Then again I didn't want it to be TOO believable. If it was so good that someone might have asked someone in Abba's or Plant's circle about it and the finger of blame points to me, I was afraid the mods would ban me from the board.

And for those that I pissed off, sorry...it was just an April Fool's gag. I was bored at work and just wanted to have a little fun during my break. I had never done one of these April Fools things before and judging from the reaction, I won't be doing one again soon.

You're right Electrophile, and immediately after I posted the thread I wanted to rewrite it and change the Thread heading to something less obvious.

Then again I didn't want it to be TOO believable. If it was so good that someone might have asked someone in Abba's or Plant's circle about it and the finger of blame points to me, I was afraid the mods would ban me from the board.

And for those that I pissed off, sorry...it was just an April Fool's gag. I was bored at work and just wanted to have a little fun during my break. I had never done one of these April Fools things before and judging from the reaction, I won't be doing one again soon.

I thought it was funny. Almost believable but not quite.

If this were really true and not an April Fools joke- Mr. Robert Plant might be eating his words about Abba-which I really like. They are scheduled to be maybe playing the upcoming William and Kate Royal wedding. Side note- Led Zeppelin used Abba's Polar Studios to record 'In Through the Out Door'

What got me about this was not being an April Fools joke was the the fact that Robert doesn't talk like that. He's not that direct. He's so intelligent and clever, he deceives the reader a bit, but not in a bad way. He gives you hints and tells you what you need to know, but will never give you too much information. Lots of innuendo and wants you to think on your own. The man is a master! That's why I never fell for this. Being a fan of his and Zep for so many years, I know the way he talks....his style.

As it's long past April fools I was hoping to erase this thread but it doesn't give me access to the edit button anymore.

So Sam...or any other moderator...can you please erase this thread now?

As it's long past April fools I was hoping to erase this thread but it doesn't give me access to the edit button anymore.

Why?

Leave it. I like it…

Why erase it? It was good for a chuckle! :D

Archived