Plaster Caster vs. Led Zeppeling

Cynthia was simply thrown into a pool at the Hyatt House because she would not stop pestering the band. Robert and Cole were poolside and Cynthia would not leave regardless of Cole telling her to go. Since she would not stop harassing Robert, Cole threw her into the pool. That's it. Unfortunately, as the old proverb says, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. In this case, so true.

I'm very sorry to read about the Plaster Caster's experiences with the band. She is the first and only woman who (at least as far as I've read) has called Robert a misogynist. The first and the only. Every other woman I've met who spent any amount of time with Robert (even during his "hell raising" years with LZ) describes him so differently - the complete opposite of how the Plaster Caster depicts him. And Bonzo, yes, he did engage in certain sorts of destructive behavior when he was drinking heavily but I never heard any tales of him hurting a young woman/girl fan. Some women who knew him when they were young fans describe him as an "older brother" type of guy. I don't think John could have been a misogynist either as I can't imagine how that would have fit in with the strong and loving relationship he had with Pat. Again, I'm sorry if Plaster has had the experiences she describes but they were in no way typical of how Robert and John treated young women.

I wasn't there MSG but I think some people just like to embellish the truth to fit the tall tale they're trying to sell ;)

Surprised that Silver Rider hasn't posted here yet. This is the kind of thread she would just love.

Come to think of it, Silver Rider has been very quiet the past few days.

I wonder what happened to Silver Rider? :Thinking:

Surprised that Silver Rider hasn't posted here yet. This is the kind of thread she would just love.

Bouillon, you must be really bored...or you have been smelling too much napalm.tongue.gif

She's plotting her next move...which is classified. :guns:

I saw that VH1 Documentary with Pamela Des Barres, "Let's Spend the Night Together" and there was a segment where she met with Cynthia Plaster Caster in her home/apartment and Cynthia proudly displayed her "casts". From what I recall (and I could be mistaken), Cynthia did not say one word or mention anything about Led Zeppelin during her segment. Maybe she is saving her experiences with Led Zeppelin for her "book" even if she has very negative things to say about LZ. I think that she may be jumping on the bandwagon and realizes that so-called "controversy" (whether true or not) helps to sell books.

There is a list of Cynthia's models here

She wasn't as prolific as I'd imagined - only about 25 from 68-71, after which it looks like she took a career break....but Richard Cole is on the list, from November 68. Presumably he was over there scoping LZ's first US tour?

Cynthia actually sees what she did as art. I must admit that I don't really have a high opinion of it as art, more like an elaborate 'artistic' joke in tune with the spirit of the times, but I hesitate to dismiss what she's saying so quickly - which is not to say it's the truth. Sometimes we just don't know. A documentary was made about her in 2001, called Plaster-Caster, produced by Jessica Everleth. It's worth seeing, and definitely for those who think she was a prostitute - she wasn't.

I recently saw a 50 mins film about groupies..Pamela, Cynthia and Jenny Fabian (London groupie) were all interviewed and Pamela of course couldn't stop talking about her "relationship" with Jimmy..as for Cynthia, my god, what a disgrace she is..I can just imagine her approaching Robert going "Can I give u a blowjob so I can plaster caster your dick?" and Robert's like (in his finest English accent "What the bleedin hell are u talkin about girl?"..How disrespectful can one person be as to ask famous persons something like this..Totally unbelievable..I woulda done more to her than throwing her into the pool :mad: ..As for him calling her a fat chick: NO WAY!! I must admit I don't know the lot but from what I've heard and read Robert was very kind and gentle towards women, whatever relationship he had with them..No way did he hate women or treat em mean. What do they fookin expect when they approach a rock star with something like that?? To me this sounds veeeeeeeeeery much like hurt ego. Maybe she wanted to do more with him but he refused so she tries to take revenge or something. Anyways I don't care in the end, to me all these groupies were hangers-on with very low to none self-respect trying to get a piece of the cake..much like Richard Cole..I would never for one moment believe any of these pathetic stories. Get a life groupies..I pity you, much like Robert!!! :sarcastic_hand:

To quote the everso famous song: "Clutching pages from your teenage dream in the lobby of the Hotel Paradise Through the circus of the L.A. queens how fast you learn the downhill slide"

I recently saw a 50 mins film about groupies..Pamela, Cynthia and Jenny Fabian (London groupie) were all interviewed and Pamela of course couldn't stop talking about her "relationship" with Jimmy..as for Cynthia, my god, what a disgrace she is..I can just imagine her approaching Robert going "Can I give u a blowjob so I can plaster caster your dick?" and Robert's like (in his finest English accent "What the bleedin hell are u talkin about girl?"..How disrespectful can one person be as to ask famous persons something like this..Totally unbelievable..I woulda done more to her than throwing her into the pool :mad: ..As for him calling her a fat chick: NO WAY!! I must admit I don't know the lot but from what I've heard and read Robert was very kind and gentle towards women, whatever relationship he had with them..No way did he hate women or treat em mean. What do they fookin expect when they approach a rock star with something like that?? To me this sounds veeeeeeeeeery much like hurt ego. Maybe she wanted to do more with him but he refused so she tries to take revenge or something. Anyways I don't care in the end, to me all these groupies were hangers-on with very low to none self-respect trying to get a piece of the cake..much like Richard Cole..I would never for one moment believe any of these pathetic stories. Get a life groupies..I pity you, much like Robert!!! :sarcastic_hand:

To quote the everso famous song: "Clutching pages from your teenage dream in the lobby of the Hotel Paradise Through the circus of the L.A. queens how fast you learn the downhill slide"

You're wrong about Cynthia - but then I already pointed that out.

Anyway, here's Robert:

gr_RP_PG_with_grouppy_1973.jpg

And with Pamela:

tumblr_lkb7tcnf6u1qb45wxo1_500.jpg

With Audrey Hamilton:

gr_RP_at_plane_US_NP_apr_1977-04.jpg

Reunited with Pamela:

Pamela-Robert.jpg

Quote from Robert on the back of a recent edition of Pamela's I'm With the Band:

I couldn't have done it better myself. I will always love you, and, again, a thousand apologies for the premature ejaculation.

Perhaps a little reconsideration is in order....?

There is a list of Cynthia's models here

Gadzooks! She casted three of my favourite chick-rockers: Sally Timms from the Mekons; Laetitia Sadier from Stereolab; and Suzi Gardner from L7! Who knew?!? :blink:

I'm assuming she casted their breasts and not their...well, you know. :bagoverhead:

Considering the subject matter of this thread, I'm surprised this hasn't taken a completely different path or slight detour. :offtopic: In a way it probably is a bit controversial. Do you think so? But not as to do it. :Thinking:

Hey now -- exactly who are we to judge these ladies' motives? And I'm not seeing how they "debased themselves" at all.

By all accounts, these girls were just having a good time. Bringing a little fun to an otherwise intolerably boring life on the road.

btw, nobody complained at the time. Even tho' some of the gurrrrlz were indeed jailbait.

Thankfully, we didn't have Chris Hansen in those days or Jimmy might've had a surprise visitor waiting in the kitchen when he got home from the gig, lol!!!

banana-chris-hansen.gif

Archived