Jimmy Page - Locked and Loaded

nirvana

Aha, I wonder if he'll take the route Percy has and do small places or the arenas, can he still fill arenas do you think?

I suppose it would matter who he brings along with him in this venture.

My recommendation is 8,000-10,000 seaters - occasionally smaller.

I've seen a few acts like Jeff Beck, Roger Hodgson and 10CC at the Enmore Theatre it holds 2500 in Sydney.

Very good venue and great acoustics plus atmosphere.

Better if they were small venues up to say the size of O2, 20000 capacity, IMO.

Hi Reggie!

I also like the smaller venues of 2500-5000 people. Just more intimate and most of the time the acoustics are better:-) But no matter what, if Jimmy does go back on the stage for a tour, I am there!!

Same it's the route Roberts taken with the BOJ I can see Jimmy doing the same, it'll be very weird seeing Jimmy on a stage after all this time.

I totally agree. Smaller venues with a very talented, but somewhat obscure, backup band. A female singer would not be a bad idea either.

Ideally the band will showcase some new Jimmy tunes with some ethnic music and a touch of re-vamped Zeppelin. Hopefully it wouldn't be a "greatest hits" tour with

little new approach. I doubt this would be the case. Jimmy has to be re-born and start freash with just a nod to the past to be successful this time around.

Robert's appraoch has always been well thought out. He knows the past is just that. Zeppelin is a pleasent memory and should be touched on in new ways

just as a old friend wants to hear new stories. Jimmy would be wise to follow suit.

I totally agree. Smaller venues with a very talented, but somewhat obscure, backup band. A female singer would not be a bad idea either.

Ideally the band will showcase some new Jimmy tunes with some ethnic music and a touch of re-vamped Zeppelin. Hopefully it wouldn't be a "greatest hits" tour with

little new approach. I doubt this would be the case. Jimmy has to be re-born and start freash with just a nod to the past to be successful this time around.

Robert's appraoch has always been well thought out. He knows the past is just that. Zeppelin is a pleasent memory and should be touched on in new ways

just as a old friend wants to hear new stories. Jimmy would be wise to follow suit.

Knowing Jimmy I expect a few relics from his past such as Stairway, Kashmir and hopefully White Summer if we're lucky :P !

I'm still puzzeled by the "Countdown" on the new site. I mean, how many new web-sites are opened with a 24 day countdown?

I would like some opinions as to why Jimmy chose to open his site with a numerical countdown and an hour glass in progress.

Curious beginnings no?

My initial feelings upon seeing his site for the first time were ones of very ominus, "we're on the clock", and Jimmy knows something we don't....silly maybe but

that was my initial reaction.

Anyone else want to share?

I'm still puzzeled by the "Countdown" on the new site. I mean, how many new web-sites are opened with a 24 day countdown?

I would like some opinions as to why Jimmy chose to open his site with a numerical countdown and an hour glass in progress.

Curious beginnings no?

My initial feelings upon seeing his site for the first time were ones of very ominus, "we're on the clock", and Jimmy knows something we don't....silly maybe but

that was my initial reaction.

Maybe he knows that his fans are waiting for him to do something big and there is huge anticipation surrounding whatever he does amongst his fans. Look at how his book sold so quickly. I know there were only 2500 printed but many many more would have been sold and look at this forum. As Sally Field once said "You like me. You really, really like me!" tongue.gif

I'm still puzzled by the "Countdown" on the new site. I mean, how many new web-sites are opened with a 24 day countdown?

I already have....search my posts....Chapter 24...improvising a temple...

Curious beginnings no?....

IMO -Never a fan of the popular press, Jimmy has always used word of mouth and personal mystery to create an anticipated buzz about his work!

He is a genius.

IMO -Never a fan of the popular press, Jimmy has always used word of mouth and personal mystery to create an anticipated buzz about his work!

He is a genius.

Let's hope and see how it plays out.

The Only Sound that Matters...A Message to Jimmy?

Robert Plant - BOJ

Why are my words running together

I thought you'd anchor me down

Forget all that let's get out

Tonight it's you and me

Looking for the only sound that matters

Sometimes you're so misleading

Sometimes you just feel right

Put me to sleep so easily or keep me out all night

Is there One in here

And it's drawn to you like a compass

That's leading you on

Like a back light too

It's your protection

It's leaving it on

Waiting for your Return - the only sound that matters

Was it what you thought

Just looking for the only sound that matters

Yeah Jimmy, was it what you thought...

What's that all about? Sort of vague, what Robert is saying perhaps.

Waiting for Jimmy to return and perhaps show him and challenge him musically. Give him something exciting to go on. Looking for the spark, desire, creativity that would interest him to partner up again? Who knows? You could interpret this in different ways.

The Only Sound that Matters...A Message to Jimmy?

Robert Plant - BOJ

Why are my words running together

I thought you'd anchor me down

Forget all that let's get out

Tonight it's you and me

Sometimes you're so misleading

Sometimes you just feel right

Is there One in here

And it's drawn to you like a compass

That's leading you on

Like a back light too

It's your protection

It's leaving it on

Waiting for your Return - the only sound that matters

Was it what you thought

Just looking for the only sound that matters

Yeah Jimmy, was it what you thought...

Did Robert even write that song? I thought it was a cover...

Did Robert even write that song? I thought it was a cover...

Correct, it is a cover of a song originally written by the Milton Mapes band with Greg Vanderpool.

However, despite the beautiful cover version by Robert and the BOJ, I think the lyrics are aimed

at Jimmy in the same sense that "Calling to You" was back on Roberts' solo album "Fate of Nations".

For years Robert has desperately wanted Jimmy to move on and create new music that he would certainly be

capable of making. Robert's frustration has been evident over time with Jimmy's lack of musical productivity.

So, with this new song - "The Only Sound that Matters" he gently reminds Jimmy of what they used to travel for,

stay up late at night for, the journey for a "tune" and how he has left the porch light on waiting for Jimmy's return, only

to hear - the only sound that matters.

Hope that helps.

Archived