JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Thank you,aen27 and PlanetPage,as always.I love Jimmy's OTD and am looking forward to see it almost everyday.Though I sometimes miss it,I always can see when I come here. I personally see this OTD is Jimmy's semi-autobiography.

I heard Jimmy tended to forget the names or faces of people whom he had met in the past,so I believe every OTD is done by himself.

...Alice75, thank you for your kindness, I am looking forward to reading the inteviews now that they will be translated in English...

Jimmy has been so frustrating with his web site and the total lack of interesting output, new or old.

His site has turned into a museum...lots of tributes to the past but nothing to do with the future.

It's killing me to be this frustrated with my most favorite musician. He really is the best but why has he faded

like the sun before a winter's night - too early!

It's dark and cold without his creativity.

I love it.

Gee Wiz I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion. But do I really disagree with those that present Jimmy as some kind of living ghost or something just because he has a thing in his web site called "on this day" (I find that stuff almost tantamount to black propaganda). I actually think its really cool that hes sharing this stuff with us and some of the things I've actually never heard of before. I for one really appreciate it and will say keep it coming Jimmy! thanks. :)

I dont think that most fans who have the "Jimmy stuck in past" opinion mean any harm, I simply think their misguided (mostly by false data thats been put forth in the media over the years). IMO.

• Administrators

Here's an article of David doing some promo for the Heavy Friends LP. The photo is with Elvis and Rodney Bingenheimer, taken in Vegas, July 1969. Rodney would soon return with the members of Zeppelin to see Elvis perform. (Rodney is listed in the pic as David's chauffer :rolleyes: )

post-5-0-68998500-1328115596.jpg

Thank you for your kindness,Steve.I've sent you an e-mail.

Thank you for your warm and gracious comment,MSG!Yes,we were very sorry that Jimmy didn't visit Nagasaki because of the great disaster,but I'm sure he will come to see Japanese fans again in the near future.I was really fascinated by Jimmy's outfits and I was sure again that he had been very thin and had a great style.Of course Charlotte's ones were also beautiful.I also love her native American dress.Though we don't understand it in the photo,the hem of the dress is asymmetry line.I think it is so cute.

It isn't permitted that we freely take pictures in the museum in Japan,so I could not get any photos inside the museum.I feel so sorry for it.

I love Jimmy's (and Charlotte's clothes) so this exhibit is of great interest to me. So thank you Alice for sharing your insights as I wish I could have seen this in person myself. And thank you and Steve so much for sharing his special interview in the program. :D

An unauthorised book ?! ... that would be.. independent journalism, yes ? Never read it , might be crap, don't care. All publicity is good publicity.... or at least it ought to be in the first six months..

Also here on this website is someone's (can't see a name) reflection on the gig later that year ..

http://www.ledzeppel...m/node/418/4468

( and to add... totally irrelevant to this thread .. .but if Peter Grant were alive and well, managing an act in 2012 - exactly how many adaptations would there have to be in that 1969 attitude? With specific reference to a) journalism and b.) accessibilty of music , legally and illegally... )

I love Jimmy's little dig to Richie York and Zep biographies. It's adorable. :D

I was a little surprised when I read this- "he was one of the first people to capitalise from Led Zeppelin by writing an unauthorized book". I had always thought that Ritchie Yorke was one of the journalists they trusted, but from Jimmy's own words that doesn't seem to be the case.

I was a little surprised when I read this- "he was one of the first people to capitalise from Led Zeppelin by writing an unauthorized book". I had always thought that Ritchie Yorke was one of the journalists they trusted, but from Jimmy's own words that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's either a transcription/interpretation error by the dogsbody at the keyboard or a friendly dig. Yorke has interviewed them many times through the years but this would not be the case if he'd been blacklisted like Mick Wall.

It's either a transcription/interpretation error by the dogsbody at the keyboard or a friendly dig. Yorke has interviewed them many times through the years but this would not be the case if he'd been blacklisted like Mick Wall.

I know he dislikes them all, but what about the '70s one by Howard Maylett. Jimmy wrote him a little thank you signed picture for being able to make his book exhbit that Dave Lewis printed in the current Tight But Loose. Just wondered. Maybe Howard is in a special catorgy to Jimmy.

Nice that Jimmy was to include for today's OTD feature, the best Joe Walsh song according to me. JMHO! :thumbsup:

Not a big JW fan, but I always liked this one.

Haven't been on here in a while. Just a lot of serious stuff to deal with now. Hopefully, will be on here more as I post a lot and tend to spend a lot of time here. Just hoping for the best! :D :D

Nice that Jimmy was to include for today's OTD feature, the best Joe Walsh song according to me. JMHO! :thumbsup:

Not a big JW fan, but I always liked this one.

Haven't been on here in a while. Just a lot of serious stuff to deal with now. Hopefully, will be on here more as I post a lot and tend to spend a lot of time here. Just hoping for the best! :D :D

....Superdave, foremost wishing you much strength and best of life......

as for Today's Joe Walsh Entry....I can't recall just when Joe Walsh attended Yardbirds concerts; perphaps someone knows which ones...

....and as for Jimmy's colors and textures, Pink Once again today....I am glad he enjoys being colorful...he is timeless, forever young, colorful and all things beautiful...

....Superdave, foremost wishing you much strength and best of life......

as for Today's Joe Walsh Entry....I can't recall just when Joe Walsh attended Yardbirds concerts; perphaps someone knows which ones...

....and as for Jimmy's colors and textures, Pink Once again today....I am glad he enjoys being colorful...he is timeless, forever young, colorful and all things beautiful...

I love this too about him, PlanetPage. :D

^ ^ ^

Me too Aen-

Love that version of White Summer with the sitar!

Jimmy should sell in his website store a cd with his demo & original recordings that have been featured in OTD- I would definitely buy it!

Me too! And the verison with the sitar is so perfect. :wub:

...Tks AEN27 once again, There is every reason to love today's entry, Scripted in Bengali with deepest Respect to P. Ravi Shankar....One of Jimmy's priceless journies to the East, I am indebted to the Legendary Musician for sharing such beautiful details with us - he had somewhat mentioned this visit to India in '77 interview with Steve Rosen? and once or twice before; and more recently with Brad Tolenski in GuitarWorld...this is true essence of Jimmy Page...we have discussed this particular passion of Jimmy many times before... I think it is important to him when he says he was the only passenger getting off, I could only imagine Beautiful English Gentleman, James Patrick Page, Lost in Translation with Guitar in Hand, wandering about the roads of Bombay, Oh...the atmosphere would be HOT!!! absolutely stunning!!!

http://IMG_9170.jpg

Background Text/Scan of P. Ravi Shankar's Kinnara School that Jimmy Visited - Official Autobio. of P.R. Shankar......

In this Photograph, V. Ragav Rao is also seated in the Photo - Flutist for Bombay Sessions (He was met through R. Shankar)

http://ravishankar1.jpg

...The School was named after the Kinnaras who, like the Gandhavas, are mythological celestial musicians (mainly instrumentalists). They are known to be half human and half birds...

Some ancient temples photos/text link:

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl2425/stories/20080104242506600.htm

Archived