Who would you choose to support Zeppelin?

andyc

Hanna Montana, no wait, how about the Jonas Brothers??? LOL!!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Crowes would be cool or Eric Johnson would be even better.

www.ericjohnson.com

... but I'd be happy with no opener, too!

R B)

Dear Mountain Hopper,

I have to answer you because I laughed my ass off when I saw your reply. And to all of you that suggested any other band on stage with the Lads you must give up your membership to this site and write repeatedly (I only need to see Zeppelin) until your writing hand drops off

Peace and Love in All Ways

Franco

I totaly agreed with franco. Led can't have a support, because they are Led Zeppelin. you don't need a support, just wait and enjoy the best of the concerts ever.

The only band I would like to see play before Zeppelin would be U2. Now that would be a show for the Ages. Would never happen but hey its still cool to dream right !!!

RjK

i agree no opening band would be great. but if absolutely necessary a short set of Velvet Revolver like 3 songs (NightFlight mentione VR early in this tread).

Or just video clips from past concerts in the 70's while everyone gets their seats and then it goes dark (of course a long pause) and THEN there they are! blasting into:

Its been a long time since I rock and rolled,

Its been a long time since I did the stroll.

Ooh, let me get it back, let me get it back,

Let me get it back, baby, where I come from.

Its been a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Yes it has. <<<OOPS another thread i think (opening song choice)

I would love to see jack white and meg white open for Zepp

if you havent seen the dvd they put out, it is great after track 6

jack white has a great feel for the blues standards and how to really wake them up.

death letter is a good song made better by his guitar work imho

I think the Rumors are PERFECT.

Having the CULT open up for Zeppelin would be ONE Great show.. but Cult Deserve Mad Props for taking that sort of gig on...

Because ANYBODY who is willing to open up for Zeppelin is willing to completely put themselves out there... b/c everybody's going to be Yeah yeah .. FIRE .. smoke she is a rising.

Can't ya sing any faster.

The other band I'd love to see... would be the Red Hot Chili Peppers.. I think they would compliment them well... or even like a GodSmack... or what would be really insane would be like Slipknot LOl

• 2 months later...

I would vote for Gov't Mule as an opener because they rock and Warren Haynes can sing well live, That isn't true of many males in rock and roll. They may sound fine on a cd but put them in a live concert and they don't sound good at all. Warren on the other hand sounds good live and on cd. He is the man. Plus his band is excellent. Matt Abts is the best USA rock drummer around and Andy Hess is a great bassist. Also Danny Louis is a great keyboard player. Plus they have great rocking songs and heartfelt soulful ballads. They also can do Zeppelin like no other, though that won't be needed. LOL. Anyway, Mule brought me back to Led Zeppelin so I would love to see them open for LZ.

wolfmother could open then zeppelin come on after and show them how to do it properly.

If there was a need for a backing act it would be one from Plant's obscure likings.

But personnaly I think The John Butler Trio could handle it

Archived