The 30 Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults in History

Jahfin

Anton Newcombe? Yep. Most common response to that name is "Who??!!" Got to love the fact that he had nothing smart to say about Clapton so he made a tasteless and un-funny joke about his kid dying. Way to go!!

And Cobain calling GNR untalented? That's like Sally Struthers giving healthy eating advice or Michael Bay releasing a book called "How To Make a Good Movie." Go away Cobain!!.....oh wait.....you did, thankfully!!!! ;)

Edited by BlackDog71

Anton Newcombe? Yep. Most common response to that name is "Who??!!" Got to love the fact that he had nothing smart to say about Clapton so he made a tasteless and un-funny joke about his kid dying. Way to go!!

And Cobain calling GNR untalented? That's like Sally Struthers giving healthy eating advice or Michael Bay releasing a book called "How To Make a Good Movie." Go away Cobain!!.....oh wait.....you did, thankfully!!!! ;)

Talk about tasteless comments. And I say that as someone that wasn't necessarily a fan of Nirvana.

I am hugely BESOTTED with Miranda Lee Richards. :wub:

I drunkenly made passes at her one night, but she wasn't having any of it. I was crushed.

God, I love her music.

I think she has an amazing voice. It's a shame she's not more widely-known/popular. I was happy to hear that particular song get airtime in an episode of Bones, so at least the people who pick the music for the show have good taste.

I was expecting to see this one;

Peter Grant - "Hello, I'm Peter Grant, manager of Led Zeppelin."

Bob Dylan - "I don't come to you with my problems, do I?"

See, that's just funny.

To each his/her own, I would take Appetite for Destruction over Nevermind any day!

Oh, and there's a special place in hell reserved for Anton Newcombe. Douche.

Anton's remarks about Clapton's son were definitely out of line but Axl had a reputation for beating women which also puts him clearly into douche territory as well. That, and his voice (particularly on G n' R's cover of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door") was like nails on a chalkboard. At least to my ears.

Anton's remarks about Clapton's son were definitely out of line but Axl had a reputation for beating women which also puts him clearly into douche territory as well. That, and his voice (particularly on G n' R's cover of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door") was like nails on a chalkboard. At least to my ears.

You would want to hear my cousin immitate axel rose.

I was playing the mighty Out on Tiles and then he starts screeching Welcome to the jungle.

Ok I'll admit I'm LOVE claptons music but all I know about his life is that he stole george harrisons wife.

I never knew his kid died whoever that prick newcombe is If I see him in public A brick will be brought to his face

You cant say Clapton stole harrisons wife, what about the wife? couldnt she wanted to leave harrison for clapton? maybe she wasnt happy with him? you cant steal a person from someone, if someone leaves you, than you did somthing wrong.

Anton newcombe is a freakin duchbag.

What about what Jack Bruce said about Jimmy? :slapface:

I just looked this up out of curiosity. Well, you can take the child off the playground but you can't get rid of the immature and very defensive insults out of the old geezer. Sour grapes anyone? dry.gif I don't think anyone, including Jimmy, paid much attention to such crap. Jimmy, if that hurt your feelings, I will think nothing of kicking his ass for you. biggrin.gif

Talk about tasteless comments. And I say that as someone that wasn't necessarily a fan of Nirvana.

Oh my comments on Cobain were tasteless. I don't really care though. LOL! There's a difference between making a comment about a musician who selfishly chose to end his own life, and making light of someones kid dying in a sad and tragic way.

I apologize if I offended anyone.

I would never make light of someones kid falling to their death. Or even be as sick as to "joke" that he threw his kid out of the window.

I just laugh that Cobain called someone else untalented. He should have done that in front of a mirror while writing the same song over and over like he did with the same power chords. The only talent in that group sat behind the drum set.

Edited by BlackDog71

Keef on the Zep reunion.. :rolleyes:

Google it if interested.

He didn't even realize there was one? LOL gotta love Keith....

From the article I was reading:

He said: "Mick's a maniac. He can't get up in the morning without knowing immediately who he's going to call.

"Meanwhile, I just go 'Thank God I'm awake' and wait for three or four hours before I do anything.

Keith truly has discovered the meaning of a happy life.

Better songwriting in nirvana andI can relate to it.

Better musicianship IN g'N'r (Well only In guitar and vocals department)

Maybe.....MAYBE better lyrics(it would depend on if you have a personal connection with the songs), but no way does Cobain write better song than GnR. Every Nirvana song is virtually the same structure and order, quiet verse/loud chorus 2x>bridge>outro chorus.

There's some fantastic arrangements and interesting changes throughout all GnR albums, epics, down and dirty rock, cool acoustic stuff, massive solos. It's not even a conversation. When Kurt Cobain comes back from the dead and writes anything that sniffs Estranged, Welcome To the Jungle or Paradise City, is when we can have this discussion.

I'd rate Duff and Novoselic pretty even, but I think Duff contributed a bit more to in the songwriting department.

Grohl mops the floor with Matt Sorum, but the drumming on AFD is among the most memorable sounding of an album ever.

Maybe.....MAYBE better lyrics(it would depend on if you have a personal connection with the songs), but no way does Cobain write better song than GnR. Every Nirvana song is virtually the same structure and order, quiet verse/loud chorus 2x>bridge>outro chorus.

There's some fantastic arrangements and interesting changes throughout all GnR albums, epics, down and dirty rock, cool acoustic stuff, massive solos. It's not even a conversation. When Kurt Cobain comes back from the dead and writes anything that sniffs Estranged, Welcome To the Jungle or Paradise City, is when we can have this discussion.

I'd rate Duff and Novoselic pretty even, but I think Duff contributed a bit more to in the songwriting department.

Grohl mops the floor with Matt Sorum, but the drumming on AFD is among the most memorable sounding of an album ever.

I couldn't disagree more. Whether or not you like Nirvana, their impact cannot be denied. Nirvana's greatest achievment was probably the fact that they single handedly destroyed the L.A. Glam Metal scene that was going on at the time.

You can't complain about that.

And yes, they even made G&R look like a bunch of poser's with nothing to say, which they have always been,

(note* if Welcome to the Jungle is on the radio...I'm crankin' it up!).

No more Cherry Pie....thanks to Kurt.

Edited by snapper

I couldn't disagree more. Whether or not you like Nirvana, their impact cannot be denied. Nirvana's greatest achievment was probably the fact that they single handedly destroyed the L.A. Glam Metal scene that was going on at the time.

You can't complain about that.

And yes, they even made G&R look like a bunch of poser's with nothing to say, which they have always been,

(note* if Welcome to the Jungle is on the radio...I'm crankin' it up!).

No more Cherry Pie....thanks to Kurt.

Who's denying anything? So Nirvana single handedly destroyed the LA glam metal scene, yet a year later with 2 of the biggest albums of the 90s and all time, GnR reclaimed the title as biggest band on the planet? I'd also question the single handedness. AIC and Soundgarden had garnered quite a bit of praise and success by the time Smells Like Teen Spirit hit MTV. No, question that broke the flood gates for alternative music, but lets give credit where it's due.

Nirvana had a huge impact, but Cobain wasn't a genius songwriter. He was a genius lyricist. I don't relate to him, but realize there's a ton that do. I dig some Nirvana tunes, but they relied on the same formula and arrangements too often to stack up against GnR as songwriters.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone question the classic GnR's realness or credibility.

Edited by DewieCox

Yep; that fact alone = No more G&R for me