Five pictures of Jimmy in a box... £7000?

woz70

Just seen on Facebook and Jimmypage.com that Jimmy's selling 5 photos at £1000 a pop, or £7000 for the lot in a posh box.

It seems his career is now in 'fine art' and re-mastered vinyl.

How sad.

I idolize Jimmy but I'm sick of this. You are wasting your true talents. Stop milking your fame JP. You are turning into a classier version of Gene Simmons. Put some music out and tour. PLEASE!!!

Just seen on Facebook and Jimmypage.com that Jimmy's selling 5 photos at £1000 a pop, or £7000 for the lot in a posh box.

It seems his career is now in 'fine art' and re-mastered vinyl.

How sad.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 'woz70'. I have copied the details from the JimmyPage.com site below. I am going to express my opinion and couldn't care less if others shout me down over this. How are the rank and file Led Zeppelin fans who paid for their LZ albums over the years, and attended the gigs, supposed to afford this? No, this is targeted towards collectors who will purchase these photographs from an investment perspective. All JimmyPage.com has done so far is give us 'On This Day', which is a collection of photographs and reminiscences which we have seen and heard before, together with overpriced copies of film soundtracks from 30 years ago.

Jimmy must be needing cash to come up with this latest venture. Alternatively, he is trying to put money in Ross Halfin's pocket. I now have renewed respect for Robert Plant, who has managed to continue so very successfully with his recording and touring career, without having to stoop to this level.

There was a hue and cry over on Halfin's Facebook page regarding the guy who took the video of JP in the London market (with all the sycophants leaving comments saying "I agree with you Ross"; and "you are so right Ross". The video taper probably had more dignity than to ask for big money for this load of crap.

15 May 2012

Jimmy Page Fine Art Photographic Prints available now

j.jpg

immyPage.com is pleased to present the official Jimmy Page Fine Art Photographic Print collection, a unique collaboration between Jimmy Page and five legendary photographers who have captured iconic images throughout his career.

This museum-quality collection has been produced to the highest standards to be framed and displayed as pieces of art. Under strict supervision, each silver gelatin black and white photograph has been traditionally printed by hand from negative in a laboratory dark room on Ilford premium quality fibre based paper, the colour photograph is printed on Fuji Crystal archival paper. Jimmy Page and each photographer have worked closely together with the dark room technicians and printer to produce this highly-collectible collection.

Strictly limited in an edition of 50 prints, each Fine Art Photographic Print is individually numbered and has been hand-signed by both Jimmy Page and the respective photographer.

The official Jimmy Page Fine Art Print collection is available now, individually from numbers 11-50 or numbers 1-10 as part of a Deluxe Portfolio Boxset exclusively from JimmyPage.com.

The collection is comprised of the following photographs:

jorgenangel-1080.jpg

Jørgen Angel. KB Hallen, Copenhagen, February 1970. dickbarnatt-1000.jpg

Dick Barnatt. Earls Court Arena, London, May 1975. nealpreston.jpg

Neal Preston. Chicago Stadium, Chicago, April 1977. baronwolman.jpg

Baron Wolman. Oakland Coliseum, California, June 1977. rosshalfin.jpg Ross Halfin. The Worx Studio, London, March 2009.

Individual prints

Numbers 11 through 50 of each photograph are available individually will be sold in order of purchase.

Deluxe Portfolio Boxset

Only ten Deluxe Portfolio Boxsets have been produced. Containing all five Fine Art Photographic Prints in a hand made midnight blue, linen-upholstered archival presentation box, featuring a gold foil embossed 'JP' logo lid, black, acid free inner-lining and a special Certificate of Authenticity signed by Jimmy Page. Boxset I contains the number 1/50 of each print; Boxset II contains 2/50 of each print and so forth. Each Deluxe Portfolio Boxset is priced at £7,000 and will be sold in order of purchase.

Pricing

As is customary in the art world, the price of the Fine Art Prints will increase as the editions sell through, starting at £1000 for the lowest available individual edition number. Once an edition is sold out, it will never be made available again.

Certificate of Authenticity

Every Fine Art Print is delivered with a high-quality Certificate of Authenticity to document the size of the edition, the production technique and the materials used to create your artwork.

Important Care Instructions

Silver gelatin photographic printing is the traditional way of producing photographs. Each one is a piece of art and should be treated as such. They are extremely delicate and particularly sensitive to handling. We advise that you do not remove the print from its protective archival bag or handle the paper directly but bring it directly to a professional framer. Request acid-free museum board for mounting and matting to best display and preserve the photograph when framed.

Further care instructions will be included.

This just appears to be Jimmy pissing on his fans, from my point of view.

Halfin's idea, I'll bet.

Seriously unimpressed.

Woz70,

You are so right. In the past couple of years, all Jimmy has done is come up with vastly overpriced goods which marginalise the 'ordinary fan'. We are ostensibly being pushed out of the market. It started with the Jimmy Page book, went on to the signed vinyls of old soundtracks at £195, and now this!!!!

You may notice that Halfin is involved in much of what Jimmy does now, with particular reference to the book and these photos. My opinion is that this is Jimmy's method of putting money Halfin's way. All I can say is that RH will not be getting a penny of my money.

Take a look at the entries on Facebook on the Ross Halfin Photography page, and you will see what I mean about the sycophants trying to arse lick Halfin because of his connection with Jimmy. My point in my post above is that Halfin came out criticising strongly the man who videod Jimmy in the London market - the poor soul was not making a penny out of it. His 'crime' was to put the video on YouTube. Halfin, on the other hand, will be making a very nice cut on the Jimmy book, and these photos, through his connection to JP.

yeah, enough is enough, either tell us its over or get the album out, whats the hold up, the Sky News interview from 09 is looking more and more like a windup!

i play too and i find it very very difficult not to pick up a guitar and write a song, can his fire really be out?

Well it puts the JP book pricing into perspective !

That £400 I agonised about spending on the book is starting to look like a steal .

Spend your money on a pair of Louboutins - more useful and cheaper!!!

i play too and i find it very very difficult not to pick up a guitar and write a song, can his fire really be out?

Maybe the day has come now, that Jimmy has no ideas to pick up the guitar again. Like he said in IMGL at the end.

Do we look like a wunch of bankers?

:hysterical: Jimmy and Halfin obviously think we are. I would love to see nobody buying these, but unfortunately there are very wealthy collectors out there.

Spend your money on a pair of Louboutins - more useful and cheaper!!!

As it happens ... had just left the thread to go straight to a fashion website!

Was thinking more dresses than shoes, but either is more likely than one of those photos, and dare I say it, more fun...

And come to think of it, may as well look my best for the Robert Plant concert in July

As it happens ... had just left the thread to go straight to a fashion website!

Was thinking more dresses than shoes, but either is more likely than one of those photos, and dare I say it, more fun...

And come to think of it, may as well look my best for the Robert Plant concert in July

Truth and Beauty,

Enjoy yourself at the gig in July - I am sure you will look fantastic!! As I have said above, at least Robert has continued his recording and touring career successfully without ripping the fans off for a load of overpriced old tat.

Maybe the day has come now, that Jimmy has no ideas to pick up the guitar again. Like he said in IMGL at the end.

Black-Dog,

Jimmy has not had any ideas in a very long time. The selling of £1,000 limited edition photos is scraping the barrel, and soon there will be no barrel left to scrape!

What's next, guitar lessons through E-Bay?

More likely that he will be selling his old underpants through Ebay - that is the stage we are at, sadly. This latest venture comes across to me as a way of benefitting Ross Halfin.

Truth and Beauty,

Enjoy yourself at the gig in July - I am sure you will look fantastic!! As I have said above, at least Robert has continued his recording and touring career successfully without ripping the fans off for a load of overpriced old tat.

Kenog - thanks so much. I'm REALLY looking forward to it - and absolutely, Robert's career seems to have such amazing momentum.

I would just add that I was in the audience at Roy Harper when Jimmy came on - and that was breathtaking. Also bittersweet in that it was such an intense performance... but for one song... and six months ago.

Archived