NFL 2012 Predictions Game

DAS

I am on the fence on some of these games. I am now wondering if taking Cincy was a mistake? Dallas may beat them. I stuck my neck out and got it chopped off picking the Raiders. Many dropped balls or they may have pulled it off. I wouldnt take them against Cumberland. Does anyone know who Cumberland is? Do they still exist? They lost the most one sided game in the history of american football. 222-0 to Georgia Tech back in the pre historic ages of college football.

^^ They still exist. However they had disbanded their program before the dubious 1916 game but were forced to play the scheduled game. The rambling wreck had a score to settle from the previous spring's baseball season. It is alleged that Cumberland used professional players beating GT 22 to naught.

http://www.gocumberlandathletics.com/football/default/

I am now wondering if taking Cincy was a mistake? Dallas may beat them.

I picked Cincinnati too, and still feel OK about it. Cowboys were already in a mess before the car crash a few days ago.

Does anyone know who Cumberland is? Do they still exist? They lost the most one sided game in the history of american football. 222-0 to Georgia Tech back in the pre historic ages of college football.

I had to look that up. At first I thought it was a basketball score.

Glad you made it Strider! Haven't seen you much lately. :)

Thanks Walter. Yeah, I've been...what's the word?...busy.

I wouldn't take the Raiders against the Washington Generals at this point. Hopeless incompetence.

Crossing my fingers that Houston can pull out a win tomorrow night knowing that we are the underdogs.

New England has not lost at home in December since 2002!

That being said, and I did pick NE tomorrow, I really feel like NE is due for the upset. I have my fingers crossed, but the more I think about it, the more I see Houston pulling it out.

Rainy and about 35 degrees F tomorrow if weather has any effect.

New England has not lost at home in December since 2002!

That being said, and I did pick NE tomorrow, I really feel like NE is due for the upset. I have my fingers crossed, but the more I think about it, the more I see Houston pulling it out.

Rainy and about 35 degrees F tomorrow if weather has any effect.

Inclement weather always favors the underdog but I do not think Houston is a true underdog here.

I got the Cowboys, Rams and Jaguars today & I'm not feeling good about any of those picks. Can't wait for tomorrow night, it's got a "Game of the Year" feel to it. I hope it lives up to the hype.

You are going down on that Rams pick. And I like the Rams. There is only one team I like more. And they have Buffalo's on their helmets.

Inclement weather always favors the underdog but I do not think Houston is a true underdog here.

Houston has had a brilliant season this year. I classify them as an underdog since they have only been to the playoffs a couple of times and they are going up against a team that has been to the Super Bowl quite a few times, winning three.

Hopefully the weather won't be an issue but I am not holding me breath.

Inclement weather favours the team used to playing in such conditions. Houston plays in a nice, cushy, artificial turf stadium in sunny Texas. New England has been toughened by years of playing in the harsh Northeast winters.

Advantage Patriots. Sorry Mel...I still luv ya'. ;)

It's the same rationale that I used to pick Buffalo over St. Louis, even though I think the Rams are a slightly better team talent-wise, especially at quarterback. But a Dome team playing outdoors in Buffalo in winter? I'm taking Buffalo in those conditions.

Houston has had a brilliant season this year. I classify them as an underdog since they have only been to the playoffs a couple of times and they are going up against a team that has been to the Super Bowl quite a few times, winning three.

Hopefully the weather won't be an issue but I am not holding me breath.

Funny how Bleacher Report has one of their annoying slideshows, something like the 30 worst coaches ever. And there's Gary Kubiak. And I did a double take, thinking, isn't he the guy still leading Houston?! Lol!

It should be a great game. For the first time in years NE has a real ground game. And their defense seems to be figuring out how to play coverage and get interceptions. Houston has looked very strong pretty much all around this year. As a fan TM, what would you say is their weakness that NE will try to expose?

Funny how Bleacher Report has one of their annoying slideshows, something like the 30 worst coaches ever. And there's Gary Kubiak. And I did a double take, thinking, isn't he the guy still leading Houston?! Lol!

It should be a great game. For the first time in years NE has a real ground game. And their defense seems to be figuring out how to play coverage and get interceptions. Houston has looked very strong pretty much all around this year. As a fan TM, what would you say is their weakness that NE will try to expose?

Their inexperience with snow...LOL!

I would think that NE's strategy would be to knock out our QB. Isn't that the strategy though for most games? Our strength is our defense so I would expect NE to expose our offense. (as you can tell I am a total newb when it comes to football.)

Melanie, everyone has to start somewhere. After many years of watching American football, I'm still learning.

If you mean to literally knock out the QB, it's getting more and more difficult to do. The QB is the face of a team and the league really. The NFL's rules (getting moreso each year) really protect them.

Not sure if we'll have a predictions game for the playoffs, but if we do, you should join!

^^^^^Thank you. I just might take you up on the offer. I have a short attention span so watching a game of football is difficult for me but I know what is going on....Strider! Yeah, keep laughing. Go Texans!!

Actually I'm very proud of you! You should tell Andy...I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it. And yes, you should join in the NFL predictions game.

Actually I'm very proud of you! You should tell Andy...I'm sure he'd get a kick out of it. And yes, you should join in the NFL predictions game.

I told him. He is not a fan of football,or sports in general, so I am flying solo with this game. Now I am trying to think of what we can eat for dinner tomrrow night that can be easily cleaned up if the Texans lose and I throw food at the screen. :P

We had a football pool at work, and one woman joined, knew nothing about the game. Picked teams on which city she liked best, if she had been their. Yeah, she won the pool for the year, lol! Join in the prediction game Mel, you honestly can't do any worse than a few of us are doing!

Archived