BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

Thanks Dd. We have porridge but from Oates. Don't think yours will catch on here though. I think the name "grits" is a complete turn off. Sounds like something you squeeze off your chin or have a dose of after a dodgy curry !

Fridays fayre is Jerk Chicken and french fries. Loads of wine and some of the Cali Orange grow which gets better and better :D

If it helps, CP, my husband likes to refer to grits as Southern Polenta. So if you like polenta, you'll like grits.

Thanks Dd. We have porridge but from Oates. Don't think yours will catch on here though. I think the name "grits" is a complete turn off. Sounds like something you squeeze off your chin or have a dose of after a dodgy curry !

Fridays fayre is Jerk Chicken and french fries. Loads of wine and some of the Cali Orange grow which gets better and better :D

Dear me, I could have sworn you and I had this 'grits' discussion before CP? Perhaps it was another English gent I was illuminating.

But like Dd and ebk say, grits are fab and a man from porridge country should have no problem digging into a bowl. Or have them on the side with your eggs and bacon...as a substitute for your potatoes if you're worried about too much starch.

Like ebk put it so picaresquely, think of grits as Southern polenta.

Now, about your Friday fayre of jerk chicken and fries...are these sweet potato fries?

Valentine's Day dinner was a fine filet of Sole sauteed in garlic, lemon, white wine and mushrooms and plenty of this...

post-1470-0-96629900-1424029007_thumb.jp

Gnarly Head Old Vine Zinfandel and Coppola Rosso. Nice old-school Italian atmosphere.

post-1470-0-40254400-1424029206_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-11676900-1424029297_thumb.jp

Sunday brunch with music and aquatic companions...Maryland Crab Cakes Benedict.

post-1470-0-85106500-1424029455_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-15931600-1424029528_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-83784400-1424029619_thumb.jp