BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On the table this evening:

Onion Bhaji and Vegetable Samosa to start. Butter Chicken and Chapatis. Fresh fruit Tarts and cream.

Some wine, an Argentianian Malbec for me and some white for Mrs CP, green to smoke and maybe some English Cheeses if I get the munchies later

sounds fantastic, CP!  Mrs Walter and are going to one of our favorite restaurants tonight for "date night", while Walter Jr stays with grandma and grandpa.  Will report back later.  Some fresh green for later...been a while for both! 

On the table this evening:

Bruschetta made with very sweet Toms, Olive Oil,garlic,Balsamic Vinegar and fresh Basil

Steak Au Poivre. Sirloin steak with a peppercorn, wine and cream sauce. Garlic roast Potatoes, buttered Leeks

Lemon cheesecake for Mrs CP Mint and Dark Chocolate gateaux for me

Cheeses: Garstang blue and a Cornish Yarg

Wines: A South African Chardonnay and a red from Ribeiro, Spain.

Green: still my Cali Orange

Got together with some other whiskey enthusiasts last night and experienced my first taste of 'Black and White' Blended Scotch Whiskey. I was feeling a bit hesitant to try out this brand as it seemed pretty inexpensive in comparison to more well-known counter parts such as Chivas Regal and Johnnie Walker. But I guess I was in for a pleasant surprise! :) 

I really enjoy my whiskey neat but I did put in a few drops of water, in order to really accentuate all the flavours as much as possible. The 1st taste was very sharp and the whiskey itself seemed very fresh, acidic and citrus. I could taste hints of lemon, honey and even a smattering of toffee! It's a great whiskey for the summer, I think! :)

Hope to graduate to single malts next year! B) 

IMG_0907_zpsyfjrsk3i.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Got together with some other whiskey enthusiasts last night and experienced my first taste of 'Black and White' Blended Scotch Whiskey. I was feeling a bit hesitant to try out this brand as it seemed pretty inexpensive in comparison to more well-known counter parts such as Chivas Regal and Johnnie Walker. But I guess I was in for a pleasant surprise! :) 

I really enjoy my whiskey neat but I did put in a few drops of water, in order to really accentuate all the flavours as much as possible. The 1st taste was very sharp and the whiskey itself seemed very fresh, acidic and citrus. I could taste hints of lemon, honey and even a smattering of toffee! It's a great whiskey for the summer, I think! :)

Hope to graduate to single malts next year! B) 

IMG_0907_zpsyfjrsk3i.jpg

That looks very good, love the bottle by the way

That looks very good, love the bottle by the way

Thanks Charles! This whiskey was a very nice surprise. I highly recommend it, especially for occasions such as a family picnic. It was everything that I look for in a whiskey. Light, crisp, fresh, acidic and lemony! :) I also really loved that emerald green shade of the bottle for two reasons. The first being the colour and second being the fact that if a whiskey's bottle is green, then it emphasizes the fact that the whiskey in question, has little or no artificial sweetener! :) 

Thanks Charles! This whiskey was a very nice surprise. I highly recommend it, especially for occasions such as a family picnic. It was everything that I look for in a whiskey. Light, crisp, fresh, acidic and lemony! :) I also really loved that emerald green shade of the bottle for two reasons. The first being the colour and second being the fact that if a whiskey's bottle is green, then it emphasizes the fact that the whiskey in question, has little or no artificial sweetener! :) 

If you have the chance, check out this place, it's very good with a nice bottle as well:

http://www.keltictours.ca/resources/Glenora Distillery located on the Ceilidh Trail.jpg