BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

2 hours ago, ebk said:

That's a ... healthy plate of food there.  And by healthy, I mean healthy sized... :D 

Looks pretty tasty!

Healthy sized, indeed!  That would feed my family! ;) 

It does look yummy.  Strider, is that an English breakfast? 

37 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Healthy sized, indeed!  That would feed my family! ;) 

It does look yummy.  Strider, is that an English breakfast? 

Not just an English brekkie...A F.E.B. (Full English Breakfast)!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Zuni Cafe tonight.  As good as advertised!  We split a bolognese pasta.  I had salmon with broccoli and a soft cooked egg and corn salsa.  Mr ebk has lamb.  It was spectacular!!  Dessert was espresso granita for me and gateau victoire for him.  I may have had some wine...

All in all, a fabulous meal before we go home tomorrow. 

Sounds wonderful, ebk!  

Last night, Mrs Walter and I had a fantastic late night dinner.  I had a garlic bread crumb dusted Atlantic haddock with a lemon basil and butter sauce and Mrs Walter had some amazing sushi quality scallops over a creamy corn risotto with a crumbled bacon on top.  There was also some wine....

On 28/07/2016 at 2:14 AM, Strider said:

Indian food...it has been almost a month since I last ate India. Grilled lamb with chili peppers in a creamy curry sauce. After a long hot day that ice cold beer felt really good.

20160727_162913.jpg

looks tremendous Sean. A riata dip and coriander in the rice. What is the other dip?

Well the weather has been kind - for now, so we are having chums over for a BBQ this evening. I have prepared this morning....

Moroccan chicken kebabs with a mint and yogurt dip. Pitta breads and an olive and feta salad

Sticky Indian smokey ribs. These spare beauties will be rubbed with cumin,fennel seeds,black peppercorns and smoked Paprika. In the oven in apple juice to cook through. A wet marinade of Passata, English mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Apple Juice Honey and spices - cinnamon,coriander cayenne pepper,cumin. These will be then BBQ'd and served with the warm marinade.

I have also done some lamb cutlets in a garlic,olive oil,rosemary and lemon juice marinade. I intend to dangle these in the top of the Chimnea to smoke through. Easy to do, thread them on skewers and lay another skewer over the top of the chimnea. Dangle these down the chimney where the smoke will cook them perfectly.

A sweet of ginger and coconut cheesecake. this looks and tastes historic !

Wines and plenty of green to while away the evening. PLEASE DON'T RAIN:smiley_pray:

^^Agreed!  CP, your descriptions are so vivid!  It's about the time for you to be cooking/baking, ;), hope the weather is holding off for you! 

Mrs Walter just made some blueberry pancakes.  The mix and canned wild berries came from a favorite country store of ours in Vermont, last week in a huge order we placed with them.  The syrup came from a family members farm in Canada and some turkey sausage patties on the side.  Nice way to start a Saturday! 

• 2 weeks later...

Breakfast with Rick. He had chocolate chip pancakes...I had the french toast with berries and bananas. Took him to Uncle Bill's Pancake House...where Quentin Tarantino filmed opening scene of "Reservoir Dogs".

IMG_04961.jpg

20160811_104744.jpg

Edited by Strider