BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

4 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Hot tea and honey.

Is there anything better than honey?  I think not.

Chocolate?

Dinner was Shawarma, lentil rice, hummus, and pickled turnips and carrots. 

20160907_185721.jpg

Edited by Strider

Just now, chillumpuffer said:

I have just received the Charles J white " Eat yourself until you disappear"cookbook and amongst the many- ahem "tasties" on offer, I have had this for lunch:-

5ml water

3 grapes

2 blueberries

A slice of gluten free,wheat and butter free toast.

An empty bag of crisps

:(

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you, CP! Care for some roasted vermicelli and veggies? :console: 

Or maybe Strider might have something even yummier for you to eat?

If this is a person's idea of dieting, they can just take it and shove it! I really don't want to be a part of it. This is downright scary and preposterous! :wacko: 

I don't want to one day, find myself standing on the terrace of my apartment building, singing at the top of my lungs: Food, Food, Glorious Food!! :guitar_mood:

23 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you, CP! Care for some roasted vermicelli and veggies? :console: 

Or maybe Strider might have something even yummier for you to eat?

If this is a person's idea of dieting, they can just take it and shove it! I really don't want to be a part of it. This is downright scary and preposterous! :wacko: 

I don't want to one day, find myself standing on the terrace of my apartment building, singing at the top of my lungs: Food, Food, Glorious Food!! :guitar_mood:

Jeez Kiwi ! Of course it is a Joke. I actually had a Ham and Tomato sanga with FULL bag of crisps and a brownie and a cup of builders.

And for this evening after 9 holes of golf, Fish and Chips with peas all home made of course, Well i didn't catch the fish you understand but fresh cod filets in a beer batter and crisp home made chips. Lashings of vinegar and full on Mayo. I've done extra peas for Chalks as he won't be having the fish or chips. ;)

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Jeez Kiwi ! Of course it is a Joke. I actually had a Ham and Tomato sanga with FULL bag of crisps and a brownie and a cup of builders.

And for this evening after 9 holes of golf, Fish and Chips with peas all home made of course, Well i didn't catch the fish you understand but fresh cod filets in a beer batter and crisp home made chips. Lashings of vinegar and full on Mayo. I've done extra peas for Chalks as he won't be having the fish or chips. ;)

Whew! Thank goodness, CP! I was actually getting a bit worried there! ;) 

I think Chalks would be spooked even by my roasted vermicelli and veggies! :P 

12 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Whew! Thank goodness, CP! I was actually getting a bit worried there! ;) 

I think Chalks would be spooked even by my roasted vermicelli and veggies! :P 

He would have the veggies at a push but the vermicelli is a no no. It would sit on his tummy and bringing him nearer to the grave. Anyway I am turning to page 7 of his book and having a banana with yogurt (dairy and fat free) and a piece of gluten free toast with no spread or topping;)

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

He would have the veggies at a push but the vermicelli is a no no. It would sit on his tummy and bringing him nearer to the grave. Anyway I am turning to page 7 of his book and having a banana with yogurt (dairy and fat free) and a piece of gluten free toast with no spread or topping;)

Water, man...don't forget your water!

I think it's time we ease off CJW. I am sure he doesn't eat that spartanly all the time. He obviously has his reasons for what he does and does not eat.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I think it's time we ease off CJW. I am sure he doesn't eat that spartanly all the time. He obviously has his reasons for what he does and does not eat.

I know I know. CJW will see the funny side I'm sure? He loves his spicy and that gets a thumbs up in my book

Spag Bol tonight. It's been cooking for 5 hours. Loads of Parmesan and a Garlic Ciabatta. Some Tempranillo from Spain and a bag of Twiglets for when I get the munchies

Last night, we had Cuban food.  Had my favorite vaca frita.  Tonight, we had Indian food.  I had smoked eggplant.  Tomorrow is my cousin's wedding.  After my brother goes back home on Sunday, I may never eat again.

15 hours ago, Strider said:

Good golly, Miss Molly! This is just way too good to resist! Sorry about my weekend clowning around!

Blimey! Now, I know what Uncle Arthur must have felt like! B)

Aren't water and the power of magic wonderful? :P 

4173975.jpg

:wizard:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ddladner said:

^^^ I love salmon, don't think I've ever had it pan fried.  

In the mood to cook chicken and sausage gumbo.  Takes me two days to make, so better find something else to eat tonight.  :Thinking:

Quite easy DD. Skin side down first in a little olive oil. flip and cook t'other side adding a little butter, careful not to burn the butter. Squeeze a bit of lemon and serve. Gumbo? I'ts a rice dish isn't it? And I think we did a prawn one when the Masters golf was on once. Chicken and sausage sounds yum?

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Quite easy DD. Skin side down first in a little olive oil. flip and cook t'other side adding a little butter, careful not to burn the butter. Squeeze a bit of lemon and serve. Gumbo? I'ts a rice dish isn't it? And I think we did a prawn one when the Masters golf was on once. Chicken and sausage sounds yum?

I see.  When I saw 'fried', I mistakenly thought you were putting a batter on it.  Salmon is the best!  Yes, gumbo is served over rice.  Seafood gumbo is more popular, especially when served in restaurants.  But you can't beat the taste of chicken and sausage gumbo.  Made the chicken stock last night, so today will be the roux, and finally the gumbo.  Gumbo is one of those dishes that tastes better if you freeze it and eat it, say, a month later.  But I think I'll have to eat a fresh bowl today.