BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

17 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Wonderful comfort food! Combine this with a cup of hot chocolate and this will be perfect for a rainy day! :D 

Yes indeed, Kiwi! We've had our share of rain, but temps are rather warm. When winter rolls around, I'll have to remember the hot chocolate. :) 

20 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Look excellent DD - may need a few more currants. Now open carefully, lightly toast and coat with butter. Serve with a mug of builders:D

A great suggestion, CP! Toasting, buttering, and serving with hot tea took my ho-hum buns over the top!! :P 

Edited by Ddladner

On the dining table this evening:

Tuna Pate and Italian crackers

A pan fried Rump steak with a wine, cream, pepper sauce. Buttered new potatoes and English Asparagus 

Fresh Fruit Tartlets and cream

An Italian red, a French white and a full bodied Rioja for drinks. My wonderful green for laughs. lots of tunes and maybe some cheese for later. 

Smoked some pork ribs and made some sauce:

15oz can of tomato sauce

4 oz molasses

2 oz apple cider vinegar

1 T paprika 

1/2 t each of salt, black pepper, onion powder.

1/4 t each of garlic powder, cumin, red pepper.

Friends brought corn bread, BBQ beans, potato salad and beers!

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Strider said:

Dinner...eggplant and wild mushroom lasagna.

20160531_212600.thumb.jpg.5e39f4de820db3

Dessert...3-layer cheesecake (chocolate, vanilla, espresso) and Barcelona-style latte.

20160531_222731.thumb.jpg.a2b56717c24429

I scored some Aubergines today man. I love them in any dish but particularly Moussaka. Cheescake also looks yummy but I'll give that frothy bean infused shite in the cup a wide berth. Coffee - never saw the attraction I'm afraid

Just had a rare roast beef sanga with toms. A small bag of plain crisps and a couple of bite sized segments of flapjack. 

Edited by chillumpuffer

On 6/1/2016 at 6:34 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Coffee - never saw the attraction I'm afraid

Bloody tea bagger! What have you leaf hounds got against the bean? :P

Okay...so this will be more up your alley. A pot of Darjeeling. With a roasted beet and heirloom tomato salad.

20160606_223747.jpg

Followed by a scrumptious green tea tiramisu.

20160606_222156.jpg

20160606_225348.jpg

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Bloody tea bagger! What have you leaf hounds got against the bean? :P

Okay...so this will be more up your alley. A pot of Darjeeling. With a roasted beet and heirloom tomato salad.

20160606_223747.jpg

Followed by a scrumptious green tea tiramisu.

20160606_222156.jpg

20160606_225348.jpg

Ahhh you see the leaves man! Love em. I am English, as you know, and we just can't get enough of it. I like Darjeeling but at the moment it is Assam which is in the pot. I like a strong brew.

Wow what a colour that tiramisu is? Looks lovely? Mrs CP has decaff green tea, except at the weekend when only a strong one will do.

BBQ this evening as it is so damn sultry. I have made some lamb kebabs with chestnut mushies, red onion, red and green pepper in a mint marinade. A fat burger with red onions sweated down in butter topped with tommy sauce and mustard for Mrs CP. Horseradish for me. There will be some sausages too but I may be stuffed to the gills by then. Oh and corn on the cob to kick off.

I have some Peroni Italian beer in the fridge and a wonderful oaky Aussie Chardonnay which will do nicely.

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Just got back from a nice, relaxing sitdown at Popeyes--a 2 piece combo, wing & a breast spicy w/ fries, a biscuit and many refills of Mountain Dew (I'm stuffed)...

:burp:

My favorite meal!!  Without the Dew... :)