BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

I took a tip from Nigella Lawson and used my Thanksgiving leftovers to make an Asian turkey salad. I diced up some leftover turkey, shredded some Napa cabbage, diced some scallions and cilantro. I then made a dressing of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, lime juice and canola oil. I tossed the turkey, cabbage, scallions and cilantro with the dressing, sprinkled in a cup of peanuts and voila. I'm eating it with a leftover dinner roll I reheated up then spread with butter and homemade cranberry sauce. Now if only I could find a way to re-purpose the cornbread stuffing. I welcome any ideas about that.

Made a magnificent Malaysian Chicken Kapitan curry last evening. This wonderful spicy dish from Penang was a triumph. I made a paste with red Chillies,Garlic,Ginger, Chinese 5 spice,Turmeric, Lemon grass and shallots. Then fried the paste and added the chicken thigh meat. A tin of coconut milk and palm sugar up next. Cooked for a good hour then finally adding ground toasted coconut and coriander. Served with Roti.