What song is the most Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin

McSeven

I know that most of you will not get my question. Anyways. What song do you think is the most Zepplein out of thier catalog that when people hear Zeppelin that most people will say thats them.

To me out of all their songs this is the songs that come to mind. Dazed and Confused/WLL/Imigrant Song/When the Levee breaks/The song remains the Same/Custard Pie/In my time of Dying/Kashmir/10 yrs gone/For your Life/Achilies Last Stand/In the Evening.

In order for anything to sound like Zepplelin for the most part it has to have a blues mystic riff in the song. Be it played fast/mid tempo or slow.

The obvious answer is 'Stairway to Heaven'

But I'd go for something with lyrics about love/sex/a woman; and it would have to be heavy, bluesy, based on a guitar riff, with pounding drums, Plant saying "Baby, babe" a lot, JPJ switching between bass and organ/keyboard, and a killer solo by Jimmy somewhere in the middle

So take your pick, there's enough of 'em that are like that! (That's why I love Led Zeppelin so much)

Although you've also got the acoustic songs, which are also integral part to the band's dynamics and sound... Hence, 'Stairway to Heaven' being the obvious answer

When I think about it. The song to me that has everything to me is When the Levee Breaks. It has that stinging Twisty Zeppelin riff and that funky groove. The Druming is iconic on it. The solo is great and the band seems on fire. Its very heavy blues based in sound.

I have always thought the perfect combination of all their talents and the sound they had would be "Kashmir." It fits how good they were. It fit how they could adjust their style and make anything sound like their style. And, the song is pretty damn awesome too! :stereo:

I have always thought the perfect combination of all their talents and the sound they had would be "Kashmir." It fits how good they were. It fit how they could adjust their style and make anything sound like their style. And, the song is pretty damn awesome too! :stereo:

Robert Plant has called Kashmir the Zeppelin song that best represents them.. all 4 at their best.. and I agree with him.

Not sure if it fits the most Zeppelin, Zeppelin song title, but I think they all shine equally on Ramble On.

It has the the Light and the Shade and is just a great all around song.

I love it more and more every time I hear it. An early gem and a sign of what they were going to fully realize down the road.

Friends fits this as well... hell... you could make this argument for a lot of Zeppelin songs.

I think the Most Led Zeppelin song from Led Zeppelin is: the song Led Zeppelin, by Led Zeppelin off the album Led Zeppelin.

...or was that the song Black Sabbath, by Black Sabbath off the album Black Sabbath...?

I can't remember because both Their Music sounded the same until Led Zeppelin released Led Zeppelin (IV). You know, the album with no name on it and the guy with sticks on his back that looked very similiar to an Occultist from the late 1800's named George Pickingill.

this question kinda hurt my head

I have three:

1. Battle of Evermore

2. Going to California

3. Four Sticks

I don't base my reply on the music or lyric- more the imprint and impression upon first hearing the songs. STH and Kashmir as well, to be certain. They are epic in stature. The three I list are epic in "essence" as best I can tell.

Achilles Last Stand. Magnum opus of their catalogue.

That 8-note bass line...those drums,you have realise its for 10:26, I doubt there is a drummer that could do it for 10 minutes straight.

Pages best guitar work,that solo breathes. Plant best lyrics and vocal performance.

• 2 months later...

Achilles Last Stand. Magnum opus of their catalogue.

That 8-note bass line...those drums,you have realise its for 10:26, I doubt there is a drummer that could do it for 10 minutes straight.

Pages best guitar work,that solo breathes. Plant best lyrics and vocal performance.

Totally agree. It's my favorite Zeppelin song, and tied with Like A Rolling Stone for favorite song ever

• 4 weeks later...

Archived