How many more times...

InternetSavage

• 2 weeks later...

When was the most recent date this song was played live? Also wonder why such a work would be dropped in favor of less energetic ones.

I believe the Jan. 31, 1975 Detroit concert is the last performance of "How Many More Times" by Led Zeppelin. I don't have the Feb. 1 Pittsburgh show, but I do the Feb. 3 MSG one and by then they had dropped HMMT and brought back D & C.

Page & Plant also performed it on the 1998 Walking Into Clarksdale tour, complete with bow interlude.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed! The song in its album-recorded entirety is a perfect example of rock and swingin blues for me. The "Rosie" and the "Hunter" portions are worked seemlessly in, building the momentum and then taking it up over the edge. Bonzo absolutely kills those cymbals! Add "Honey Bee" and "Thats Alright mama" and its :faint1: for me!

I believe the Jan. 31, 1975 Detroit concert is the last performance of "How Many More Times" by Led Zeppelin. I don't have the Feb. 1 Pittsburgh show, but I do the Feb. 3 MSG one and by then they had dropped HMMT and brought back D & C.

Page & Plant also performed it on the 1998 Walking Into Clarksdale tour, complete with bow interlude.

The thing about Zeppelin doing this song after 1972, even in the Southampton recording, it lacks one thing: Robert Plant. He didn't have the voice to sing it anymore, and that's the only thing that doesn't do it for more.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived