What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I don't listen to Pink Floyd on CD, so no I haven't.

May I ask you a question? Do you believe that Vinyl/LP's sound better than CD's? The reason why I am asking you this is because it will help me determine what you're tastes and preferences are. I am looking forward to your response. ROF!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I think some bands sound better on vinyl compared to others. I have over 500 CDs and that's not counting the ones I've burned, not bought. So it's hardly like I can't stand the format and stick only to vinyl. I am 27 after all, by the time I had disposable income to spend on music, it was CDs or a cassette if you could find one.

As for you determining what my tastes and preferences are, I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Edit: Sorry if the previous version was snippy. I had just gotten off the phone with my cousin and she pissed me off. I didn't mean to snap at you.

Edited by Electrophile

I think some bands sound better on vinyl compared to others. I have over 500 CDs and that's not counting the ones I've burned, not bought. So it's hardly like I can't stand the format and stick only to vinyl. I am 27 after all, by the time I had disposable income to spend on music, it was CDs or a cassette if you could find one.

As for you determining what my tastes and preferences are, I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Edit: Sorry if the previous version was snippy. I had just gotten off the phone with my cousin and she pissed me off. I didn't mean to snap at you.

Hi "Electrophile!" No offense at all! I didn't even think that you were mad at all. Cousins do have a tendency of getting on other cousin's nerves once in a while.

If you let me get to know you more, I'll have an idea what your tastes and preferences are. I always knew that you were knowledgable with music, having 500 CD's at the age of 27 is not bad at all. At my age, at 48, I've managed to collect and own over 6000 CD's not including CD-R's.

I am a firm believer of 180 Gram Vinyl/LP's as well as Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's (MFSL) ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP's and the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC 2 CD's. MFSL has the most ultimate sound quality that you will ever find and hear anywhere.

I do know that you love PINK FLOYD! I also love PINK FLOYD! I have seen them live 5 times beginning with the "Wish You Were Here" Tour in 1975. Have you read the PINK FLOYD Topic Thread in the Other Bands link? You will have an idea why I believe that MFSL is the ONLY way to go in order to hear the great PINK FLOYD the way that they were truly intended to be heard.

I am looking forward to conversing with you more in this matter. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I am a firm believer of 180 Gram Vinyl/LP's as well as Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's (MFSL) ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING Vinyl/LP's and the 24 KT. Gold ULTRADISC 2 CD's. MFSL has the most ultimate sound quality that you will ever find and hear anywhere.

I do know that you love PINK FLOYD! I also love PINK FLOYD! I have seen them live 5 times beginning with the "Wish You Were Here" Tour in 1975. Have you read the PINK FLOYD Topic Thread in the Other Bands link? You will have an idea why I believe that MFSL is the ONLY way to go in order to hear the great PINK FLOYD the way that they were truly intended to be heard.

I don't have any of the MFSL LPs because I prefer to own the original pressing. For me, it's about having an album that was bought around the time it came out. I love that aspect of owning vintage vinyl.

I have seen that thread you're talking about, I've posted in it many times. I love Led Zeppelin [clearly, or else why would I be here] but the Floyd edges them out of #1 for me. No knock against Zep, they were great in their own way.

I don't have any of the MFSL LPs because I prefer to own the original pressing. For me, it's about having an album that was bought around the time it came out. I love that aspect of owning vintage vinyl.

I have seen that thread you're talking about, I've posted in it many times. I love Led Zeppelin [clearly, or else why would I be here] but the Floyd edges them out of #1 for me. No knock against Zep, they were great in their own way.

May I say this, you are really missing out! I own LED ZEPPELIN II in the ORIGINAL MASTER RECORDING series by MFSL in the Vinyl/LP format. This album sounds better than any LED ZEPPELIN II release up to this very day whether it is on Cassette, CD or regular Vinyl/LP. Its a whole different world Electrophile and I know that you love perfection when it comes to the ultimate sound quality. I am a perfectionist when it comes to the ultimate sound quality. I have a very discriminating ear when it comes to what I hear in sound. I truly wish that you could hear the great PINK FLOYD on the MFSL 24 KT. Gold CD's. That is the ultimate in sound quality, you won't hear PINK FLOYD sound any better than the MFSL version. You will hear different sounds that you have never heard before. You will also realize just how much volume that you can add to the sound, you will be able to achieve higher dB (Decibals) with greater bass and high treble with no distortion of any kind. The sound will be crisp clear with powerful bass which will in turn, make it sound INCREDIBLE! When you get a chance, check out the MFSL collections on e-bay, just key MFSL in the e-bay search engine and see what you think. Yes, I admit, the MFSL vinyl/LP's and CD's are very expensive, but when you hear a MFSL CD or Vinyl/LP, you will know exactly where your extra money is going. If you want to hear "The Dark Side Of The Moon," "Meddle," "Atom Heart Mother" and "The Wall" to its fullest sounding potential, check out the MFSL versions. Doing this, I promise you, you won't be sorry. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Boy said to have floated off in balloon found safe

Published: 10/15/09, 6:45 PM EDT

By P. SOLOMON BANDA and IVAN MORENO

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - A 6-year-old Colorado boy feared to have floated off in a helium balloon was found safe at his home Thursday, hiding in a cardboard box in the garage attic.

Sheriff Jim Alderman turned to reporters during a news conference and gave a thumbs up and said, "He's at the house." Alderden said an investigator on the scene saw the boy and he was fine, and had apparently been in the attic the whole time.

The giant silvery helium balloon floated away from the family's yard late Thursday morning, sparking a frantic rescue operation after the boy's brother said he saw 6-year-old Falcon Heene get into the balloon.

The flying saucer-like craft, shown live on television nationwide, tipped precariously at times before gliding to the ground in a field, the culmination of a two-hour, 50-mile journey through two counties.

With the child nowhere in sight, investigators searched the balloon's path. Several people reported seeing something fall from the craft while it was in the air, and yellow crime-scene tape was placed around the home.

It was not clear why the boy's brother reported seeing Falcon getting into the balloon.

Kevin Kuretich, of the Colorado Division of Emergency Management, said the craft had some kind of electric power unit which was run by double-C batteries. He said the balloon did seem to be big enough to carry a 6-year-old.

Jason Humbert saw the balloon land. He said he had gotten a call from his mother in Texas who told him about the balloon. He said he was in a field checking on an oil well when he found himself surrounded by police who had been chasing the balloon, which came to a rest 12 miles northeast of Denver International Airport.

"It looked like an alien spaceship you see in those old, old movies. You know, those black-and-white ones. I came down softly. I asked a police officer if the boy was OK and he said there was no one in it," Humbert said.

Neighbor Bob Licko, 65, said he was leaving home when he heard commotion in the backyard of the family. He said he saw two boys on the roof with a camera, commenting about their brother.

"One of the boys yelled to me that his brother was way up in the air," Licko said.

Licko said the boy's mother seemed distraught and that the boy's father was running around the house. The Poudre School District in Fort Collins, where the boys attend, did not have classes for elementary schools Thursday because of a teacher work day.

In a 2007 interview with The Denver Post, Richard Heene described becoming a storm chaser after a tornado ripped off a roof where he was working as a contractor and said he once flew a plane around Hurricane Wilma's perimeter in 2005.

Pursuing bad weather was a family activity with the children coming along as the father sought evidence to prove his theory that rotating storms create their own magnetic fields.

Although Richard said he has no specialized training, they had a computer tracking system in their car and a special motorcycle.

The Heene family appeared twice on the ABC reality show "Wife Swap," most recently in March.

"When the Heene family aren't chasing storms, they devote their time to scientific experiments that include looking for extraterrestrials and building a research-gathering flying saucer to send into the eye of the storm," it says.

While the balloon was airborne, Colorado Army National Guard sent a UH-58 Kiowa helicopter and was preparing to send a Black Hawk UH-60 to try to rescue the boy, possibly by lowering someone to the balloon. They also were working with pilots of ultralight aircraft on the possibility of putting weights on the homemade craft to weigh it down.

But the balloon landed on its own in a dirt field. Sheriff's deputies secured it to keep it in place, even tossing shovelfuls of dirt on one edge.

After the boy wasn't found, a Kiowa helicopter was being equipped with an infrared camera to fly at 1,000 feet and help search the area where something reportedly fell from the balloon, Army National Guard Capt. Michael Odgers said.

The episode led to a brief shutdown of northbound departures from one of the nation's busiest airports, said a controller at the Federal Aviation Administration's radar center in Longmont, Colo.

FAA canceled all northbound takeoffs between 1 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. MDT, said Lyle Burrington, the National Air Traffic Controllers Association representative at the center. The balloon was about 15 miles northwest of the airport at that time.

Before the departure shutdown, controllers had been vectoring planes taking off in that direction away from the balloon, Burrington said.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown said the agency tracked the balloon through reports from pilots.

Neighbor Lisa Eklund described seeing the balloon pass.

"We were sitting eating, out looking where they normally shoot off hot air balloons. My husband said he saw something. It went over our rooftop. Then we saw the big round balloonish thing, it was spinning," she said.

"By the time I saw it, it traveled pretty fast," she said.

Made me happy, at least. :D I was really worried about that little boy! :(

:peace:,

Jo

I just won another Pink Floyd auction! This time for the album "A Nice Pair" which is both Piper at the Gates of Dawn and A Saucerful of Secrets. It's too expensive to buy both separately, so I was able to snag this for under $10 including shipping! My luck.

Hi "Electrophile!" Congrats on winning the auction! You really got a good deal! Great albums too! ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I just won another Pink Floyd auction! This time for the album "A Nice Pair" which is both Piper at the Gates of Dawn and A Saucerful of Secrets. It's too expensive to buy both separately, so I was able to snag this for under $10 including shipping! My luck.

That's super. Good for you!!!!!

I've never had any problems buying vinyl on Ebay. I make sure I do my homework ahead of time. I've bought maybe 20-30 albums that way and not one has been problematic.

I'm a member on E-bay also! I am an avid collector of THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, LED ZEPPELIN, PINK FLOYD, THE WHO, FLEETWOOD MAC, THE KINKS and THE BEACH BOYS just to name a few. Take care and ROCK ON FOREVER!

our cat has just had 4 kittens. all jet black, just like her. i am happy that it looks like there has been no complications. i was really worried that she would have trouble, or even die during labour, as she is a small cat, and the father is a fair size. but so far, so good. i looked on the web to find out what to do just in case, but she managed well all by herself. aint nature amazing! we wont be able to keep them all, maybe one male. so when it comes to them going, i will be writing in the " what made you unhappy today " thread.

:thumbsup: Great to hear that and just reiterates what we already know that you're an awesome teacher :D

I'm also slightly happy to report that at one school I work at, two teachers admitted to bickering over who gets me this week while they have to attend a conference! ;)

Now if only I could get a full-time job instead of working for $75/day.

Edited by manderlyh

our cat has just had 4 kittens. all jet black, just like her. i am happy that it looks like there has been no complications. i was really worried that she would have trouble, or even die during labour, as she is a small cat, and the father is a fair size. but so far, so good. i looked on the web to find out what to do just in case, but she managed well all by herself. aint nature amazing! we wont be able to keep them all, maybe one male. so when it comes to them going, i will be writing in the " what made you unhappy today " thread.

I'm alway's tempted to keep them all but hey, someone out there needs a pet to look after them

Realizing that it's been 10 days sinmce I've had a sip of alcohol

by drinking juice instead

and in order to avoid depression from my cat tragically dying

I decided that working out is the best way to get over depression and to start doing an hour of excercise every morning,

and whenever I start to feel depressed over the cat I immediately do a little workout

I end up feeling better and consequently am in better shape than I've been for quite awhile

Edited by roblindblad

Realizing that it's been 10 days sinmce I've had a sip of alcohol

by drinking juice instead

and in order to avoid depression from my cat tragically dying

I decided that working out is the best way to get over depression and to start doing an hour of excercise every morning,

and whenever I start to feel depressed over the cat I immediately do a little workout

I end up feeling better and consequently am in better shape than I've been for quite awhile

Hi "roblindblad!" How are you? I know how you feel my friend, I haven't had a drink since 1 October 2009. I am so sorry to hear about your cat. Think about positive things and be around people more, you won't think about being depressed. I understand that you have psychic abilities? I am looking forward to conversing with you by PM when you are available. In the mean time, take care and ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

I went ot the bookstore today and looked through that new book, "Good Times Bad Times", my god, I was so fangirly once I opened that book. I was trying so hard not to cry or act weird in a public place :lol: . I didn't buy it, I thought my parents might have thought it was too expensive, maybe next time though ^_^ . But I did get the book Into the Wild. I saw part of that movie and found out it was a book, so I wanted to read it :)