Looks really good for new Page material in 2013

hecube

Meanwhile, Page revealed that he has plans to start a new project with some as-yet-unnamed collaborators in 2013. Seeming apprehensive to divulge too much information about the project, he did say, “I haven’t pulled my musicians in [yet], but I will be in the New Year, and then we’ll see what we shall see…I’m prepared [and] I’ve got a lot of material for this.”

http://www.classichi...-a-new-project/

At this point, I hope Plant is not going to dangle a Zeppelin reunion in front of Jimmy and derail this once again...

Edited by hecube

http://www.classichi...-a-new-project/

At this point, I hope Plant is not going to dangle a Zeppelin reunion in front of Jimmy and derail this once again...

hecube, really disappointed to see you say this. You can bet there are musicians lined up to work with him, so Jimmy is either going to do something or he isn't...but don't pin this on Robert. :peace:

the quote is still very ambiguous, doesn't make it clear whether or not these people KNOW that jimmy wants to work with them or if they're just waiting in the wings for him to turn up and be ready to go. Regardless, it will be very interesting to see who he wants to work with. It would not totally shock me if he went at this like Slash did on his first solo record and just had a wide array of guests vocalists with a consistent backing band.............I hope that's not the direction he's headed as I feel it'd be much better with just a core band and one vocalist for whatever project this becomes. Here's to hoping some of the guys from the zeppelin crew are involved, even if it's just jason on drums or JPJ on everything including the kitchen sink.

hecube, really disappointed to see you say this. You can bet there are musicians lined up to work with him, so Jimmy is either going to do something or he isn't...but don't pin this on Robert. :peace:

But that's pretty much what happened with the Coverdale/Page tour.

Page and Plant wasn't a Zeppelin reunion and Jimmy has a mind all of his own.

Maybe so but I think that foremost in Jimmy's thoughts is Led Zeppelin and that if there's any chance of a reunion, he would drop anything to do it. And you know what I mean anyway. Page and Plant was as close to a reunion Jimmy could get at the time.

Maybe so but I think that foremost in Jimmy's thoughts is Led Zeppelin and that if there's any chance of a reunion, he would drop anything to do it. And you know what I mean anyway. Page and Plant was as close to a reunion Jimmy could get at the time.

100% agree. To be honest I think everything solo wise has been delayed for his hope of a reunion, he has a done a lot in the past 2 years though to be fair.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Jimmy is all talk. He's working on Zep box sets, so that means no Jimmy material for 2013. I don't expect to see anything next year, if ever.

I agree that if he's working on box sets of each album, he will not do any solo work or a tour. This box set stuff will be more "new" JP material....

Edited by in_the_evening

I'm really interested to see what Jimmy comes up with in 2013. So many questions.

Who's singing on it and who else is playing with him? Is the sound of the new material going to be similar to Zeppelin? Or is he going in a different direction? Is it possible he's working on multiple projects?

Edited by SuperStatic

I'm really interested to see what Jimmy comes up with in 2013. So many questions.

Who's singing on it and who else is playing with him? Is the sound of the new material going to be similar to Zeppelin? Or is he going in a different direction? Is it possible he's working on multiple projects?

If this stuff ever gets recorded and released, I do not expect it to sound like Zeppelin. One thing Jimmy has said pretty consistently is that his new material will "surprise" people.

But that's pretty much what happened with the Coverdale/Page tour.

No, actually the C/P collaboration only came about in the first place because Robert elected not to reform Led Zeppelin during a band meeting in January 1991. Two years later, the C/P '93 North American tour had already been postponed when Robert and Jimmy convened in September '93, deciding to work together starting the following April after which Robert AND Jimmy's tour commitments would be completed.

"Sure, Jimmy and I get along fine. But for those thinking that we're going to reunite permanently sometime, I'll only say that you may take your ex-wife out to dinner, but you don't have sex with her afterward -- at least I don't. For us to re-form Led Zeppelin and have this last huge orgasm on the stage would be a disaster. It would finish me, Page, and everything else associated with the band."

-- Robert Plant, The Tampa Tribune, October 19, 1990

Insofar as new material from Jimmy in 2013, sure he's got "material" but this has been the case for quite some time. Not to be a Debbie Downer about this, but 24 years after his first and only solo album my attitude is wake me when it's on the shelves.

Edited by SteveAJones